What's new

Most noteworthy park and coaster you haven’t done in your home country/state

cookie

Giga Poster
Haven't been to Gröna Lund since 2016 and thus haven't ridden Monster yet. Didn't visit last year due to the frankly ridiculous time slot system so I'm hoping it'll be dropped this year.

The last major-ish park left in Sweden I haven't been to and feel somewhat compelled to visit would be Skara Sommarland, if only because Tranan is a one-of-a-kind. Other than that, I'm content with the big three.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Most would not, agreed. I've seen goons get in it though. Admittedly not ones as large as me.
I wouldn’t stand a chance these days!!! I operated that ride when I was young :) As well as the monorail, and the toy car kids ride. :)

I think it has a max height limit btw.

Matt N

CF Legend
I think it has a max height limit btw.
Are you on about Jellikins at Fantasy Island? If so, you’re correct; it has a maximum height restriction of 1.6m, or about 5’3”: https://www.fantasyislandresort.co.uk/rides-and-attractions/jellikins/

Remember that’s also in shoes as well, so the tallest you could be is probably more like 5’2” barefoot. With that in mind, I’d be surprised if many adults at all are able to ride it, particularly men (for clarity, I’m not trying to be sexist here; men are scientifically proven to be taller than women on average). I’m not exactly tall at 5’9.5”, and even I’m 1.77m barefoot… so throwing in a pair of shoes too, I’d be over by the best part of 20cm. I’m not sure the op would even need to pull me over and measure me for that kind of difference…

I must say, things like that make me glad I don’t pursue kiddie credits; each to their own and all, but I don’t think I could take the embarrassment of attempting to get a tiny cred that I’m notably too tall for and getting kicked off… Octonauts at Towers was embarrassing enough, and that one didn’t even have a max height restriction!

I think sticking to family creds and larger is more my style… but each to their own, of course!

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Park wise, Paulton's and Adventure Island for me. Paulton's will be done this year at some point though, not sure when I'll be able to get to Adventure Island.

Outside of those parks, notable coasters I haven't ridden are Dreamland's Scenic Railway and Hero at Flamingoland.

Trax

Hyper Poster
I did pretty well for germany, the biggest park I am missing is Freizeitpark Plohn.

But if I am allowed to extent this to europe, the list is still longer. Maya-land Kowatny in Poland, Parque Warner and especially Port Aventura in Spain as well as the swedish parks apart from Liseberg. Oh, and Fantasy Island in the UK. The most significant coasters missing are good old Shammy B, Red Force and Wildfire.

I should be able to get a couple of decent trips out of europe, but the air is getting thinner for me. All hopes on the Mega Hyper Giga-Tour :)

Indy

Hyper Poster
I guess I need to chime in quickly as Florida is about to open a lot of notable creds this year and I won't immediately ride all of them.

As for parks, Uncle Bernie's maybe? It certainly doesn't have the most noteworthy cred but I feel like it is the most infamous of the places I have yet to experience.

I suppose I would say Hurricane at Race City PCB is the most notable coaster. I'm not missing anything that I care to make an effort for.

Nationally, California's Great America is probably the most notable park while the Coney Island Cyclone is probably the most notable coaster.

Will

Strata Poster
Landmark Forest Park doesn't have a cred anymore
Gullivers Valley, I've not done yet
Adventure Wonderland in Christchurch wouldn't let us in

This is the best I can do off the top of my head, probably a few others, especially if you count the Isle of Wight and Northern Ireland parks, but certainly not many :)

Heth

Mega Poster
I've never done Blackpool Pleasure Beach. I live 6 hours drive away currently, but for 5 years I lived in Manchester and I never visited!

Truth be told I wrote it off in my head as being really cheap and tacky. With hindsight it might be both if those things, but it also has a lot of rare or unique coasters and I wish I'd gone. Nowadays it's too far to justify given I can get to Europe as quickly and for less money

Skyye

Mega Poster
Live in Illinois, so gonna have to go outside Illinois for my answers.

For parks, I'm going to have to say SFMM, Carowinds, and BGW.
For coasters, literally any giga in the states that isn't Millenium Force.

I don't have many credits compared to most people here, so my answer might seem weird compared to some.

Y. Kim

Mega Poster
There's not too much in Korea, but
Comet Express @ Lotte world Seoul: Done Lotte World last week, and had a great time. But one missed cred. Comet Express, a rare Intamin spinner. Next time, I'll give a try.
Thunderbolt @ Masan Robotland: Just looks airtime packed an fun.
Camel back @ E World: Spited last time. Just looks good though it's Japanese coaster.

TilenB

Strata Poster
This one is simpler. Despite its awesome train and location in a really cool park, I haven't ridden Il Tempo Extra Gigante yet. It's in a family park located on the outskirts of nowhere, and I haven't yet had a reason to visit after they built the coaster.
As a big fan of Winter sports, I find it kind of hard to believe that Hafjell is considered 'on the outskirts of nowhere', especially in a country as sparsely populated as Norway is.

As for me, here comes a traditional 'uhhh...' when asked about the parks in my country. As of 2020, I've ridden all of the Alpine coasters in Slovenia and now I'm only missing the sole Wiegand Summer toboggan run at Celjska koča. I know it's a far stretch to consider it in this topic, but it's the closest thing to a coaster that I haven't done yet in my country.

A Soquet powered coaster is also set to debut at our fair circuit this season, but I've already got the cred when it was operating in Belgium, so nothing new there.

Leon_K

Mega Poster
I have visited the big Dutch themeparks multiple times but it was all before the latest and biggest additions. I have not ridden Untamed, Baron 1898, Fenix and Troy yet. But they're on my list for the coming year(s).

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
We have 17 amusement parks and 43 existing roller coasters in Ohio. After Cedar Point and Kings Island, things fall off quite fast. We also have a surprisingly large fleet of E&F/Herschell Little Dipper coasters.

Most noteworthy park? Probably Stricker's Grove outside of Cincinnati. Quite an exclusive park - typically operates for private events, and is only open to the public a week or two out of the year.

Most noteworthy coaster is either Tornado (Stricker's Grove) or Sea Dragon (Columbus Zoo). The Sea Dragon is a John C Allen kiddie woodie that is also Ohio's oldest wooden coaster. Tornado is a slightly-larger wooden coaster, designed by Al Collins in 1993.

rob666

Hyper Poster
Didn't get to the Antelope at Gulliver's Warrington for many years, because I didn't breed, and you need a kid hanging off your tit to get in.
Wasn't worth the wait, and taught me a lesson.
So my real park and coaster, Megawatsit at Oakwood.
How can that place be so far away, yet still be on the same island?

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
As far as Florida goes I've been on every operating coaster but the Dragon Wagon at Cobra Adventure Park (that doesn't let adults ride, but I've seen it....) and the Wacky Worm at Uncle Bernie's Theme Park that opened at the end of last year haha, neither being actually noteworthy.

Matt N

CF Legend
I've just thought of some more glaring omissions...

Brean Theme Park and Funland at the Tropicana in Weston are actually my closest two theme parks, yet I've never been to either... my dad's told me that me and him could remedy that this summer, though, as it is literally an hour from our house; he's said that me and him could tick off Brean at some point this summer, so that's a big one crossed off the list!

Great Yarmouth, as well as nearby Pleasurewood Hills, are two other glaring omissions from my UK count... getting to that area is easier said than done, though, as Great Yarmouth is the best part of 5 hours from where I'm based if going by car. To put that in some perspective, that's only a little shorter than my total journey to Europa Park in April is taking, and that includes the 3 hour drive to London Stansted (2h 57m from Gloucestershire to Stansted by car, 1h 25m from Stansted to Baden-Baden by plane and 45m from Baden-Baden to Europa by car = roughly 5h 7m... Great Yarmouth is 4h 42m according to Maps, and that's at 9:30 at night when traffic is likely low).

Gazza

Giga Poster
I have visited the big Dutch themeparks multiple times but it was all before the latest and biggest additions. I have not ridden Untamed, Baron 1898, Fenix and Troy yet. But they're on my list for the coming year(s).
Bruh isnt basically anywhere in the Netherlands a daytrip or at most a single overnight?