What's new

Most New Creds in a Year

TilenB

Strata Poster
Oh, come on, we get it! You went to USA and rode 200+ new creds this year. There's no need to put that into jj23w's face that aggressively.

Darren B

Giga Poster
TilySlo said:
Oh, come on, we get it! You went to USA and rode 200+ new creds this year. There's no need to put that into jj23w's face that aggressively.

You're saying that I'm putting it into Jordan's face aggressively. Really, I'm not.

If he wants to post in this topic that he's got 11 new creds this year, good on him. But, he's going to get some stick from doing so. Have any of us been nasty about it? of course not. We're having a laugh; he's not taking offence, so please tell me where I'm aggressively putting it into his face? (You need to choose your words more carefully btw, that's a massive innuendo).

If jj23w wants to be a basic bitch, that's up to him. But when he broadcasts his feeble efforts at getting creds, he'll get some light hearted stick. key work - LIGHT HEARTED. There's absolutely no aggressiveness involved, and why on earth would there be? The whole point to counting creds is for the fun that's involved.

Maybe you take getting creds seriously (I doubt it judging by your CC) but I certainly don't, and I certainly won't be anytime soon. So please, understand the what's happening before you start getting offended on behalf of someone else, thanks.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Darren B said:
Maybe you take getting creds seriously (I doubt it judging by your CC) but I certainly don't

You filthy, filthy liar.

I don't really keep track of when I ride stuff, so it's hard to say. I just update my count on here and Coaster-Count as and when, but I don't keep spreadsheets with dates and ****.

Looking back at that Milestone Coasters topic, I hit 800 in April, and I got a few parks done prior to that, so I guess the 2014 total must be somewhere around the 125-150 mark.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
I think anyone who goes on cred runs and travels/pays to ride some **** kiddie coaster takes coaster counts seriously. Not that it's a bad thing...

Darren B

Giga Poster
Oh I've paid out fortunes just for kiddie creds, but I do it for fun. I mean, it's not as if I'm putting how many Go Gators I've grovelled for on my CV. But, I suppose it does become serious at points?

I received a letter from the German Police 2 days ago stating that I'd been caught doing 135kph in an 80kph zone. Me and Tomatron were desperate to get the Alpine coaster near Berlin but we were running out of time so I smashed through the roadworks a fair bit quicker than I should of done. We got the cred.

mcgoughchris

Mega Poster
Ben said:
Darren B said:
#jj23wforcredwhoreoftheyear

Was it really worth posting in this topic?

basicbitches.gif

**** me I've been missing out on this topic like.

I've had 0 new creds this year but you'd still suck me off Ben.

I make basic bitch look good!

TilenB

Strata Poster
Darren B said:
If he wants to post in this topic that he's got 11 new creds this year, good on him. But, he's going to get some stick from doing so. Have any of us been nasty about it? of course not. We're having a laugh; he's not taking offence, so please tell me where I'm aggressively putting it into his face? (You need to choose your words more carefully btw, that's a massive innuendo).

If jj23w wants to be a basic bitch, that's up to him. But when he broadcasts his feeble efforts at getting creds, he'll get some light hearted stick. key work - LIGHT HEARTED. There's absolutely no aggressiveness involved, and why on earth would there be? The whole point to counting creds is for the fun that's involved.

I doubt that he didn't take it without any offense, considering that he posted it would be nice if you would get mauled by a tiger in the Disney tiger topic.

Darren B said:
I received a letter from the German Police 2 days ago stating that I'd been caught doing 135kph in an 80kph zone. Me and Tomatron were desperate to get the Alpine coaster near Berlin but we were running out of time so I smashed through the roadworks a fair bit quicker than I should of done. We got the cred.

There are craploads of them elsewhere in Germany (e.g. the Alpine region). Why did you bother getting the only one that is on the complete other side of the country?

Plus, Alpine coaster - #notacred ;)

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
TilySlo said:

How come? They have lift hills and they are powered by gravity. The only difference from 'normal' coasters is that you have the ability to brake manually.

Even if it's unacceptable to count them as creds, I would still ride them because some of them look fantastic.

jayjay

Giga Poster
Got bored and decided break my count down.

2005 and earlier: 11
2006: 25
2007: 40 (big Florida trip)
2008: 8
2009-2011: 4
2012: 11
2013: 25 (Finland)

Darren B

Giga Poster
TilySlo said:
Darren B said:

I doubt that he didn't take it without any offense, considering that he posted it would be nice if you would get mauled by a tiger in the Disney tiger topic.

Darren B said:

There are craploads of them elsewhere in Germany (e.g. the Alpine region). Why did you bother getting the only one that is on the complete other side of the country?

jj23w is a WET little ****, there's no need discuss that little cretin anymore. Let's move on. PM me if you want to discuss that.

As for the Alpine coaster; we were travelling back to Schoenfeld Airport and had 'just' about enough time to squeeze it in. It wasn't planned, just a bonus.

mcgoughchris

Mega Poster
Darren B said:
TilySlo said:
Darren B said:

Darren B said:

jj23w is a WET little ****, there's no need discuss that little cretin anymore. Let's move on. PM me if you want to discuss that.

As for the Alpine coaster; we were travelling back to Schoenfeld Airport and had 'just' about enough time to squeeze it in. It wasn't planned, just a bonus.

Lol harsh as ****

JJ reminds me of the gimp character in pulp fiction ha ha

TilenB

Strata Poster
cjbrandy said:
TilySlo said:

How come? They have lift hills and they are powered by gravity. The only difference from 'normal' coasters is that you have the ability to brake manually.

Even if it's unacceptable to count them as creds, I would still ride them because some of them look fantastic.

Roughly 60% percent of them don't have a regular lift hill, including the 3 that I've so far ridden (in fact, none of Brasos do). Then again, Brasos which fall under the category of Alpine coasters don't feel nothing like a regular roller coaster. Then it all becomes a really thin line between which alpine coasters to count and which no to (is the lifthill a definition?, but log flumes and some other water rides have them, as well as the SoRos...), so I elected not to count them as a whole. Also the fact that they usually aren't a part of a theme park, but rather a ski resort, doesn't really help.

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
I would have to say that the last three years have been good for new coaster and park credits.
2012: June - 10 coasters, 1 park; August - 28 coasters, 4 parks = 38 coasters, 5 parks
2013: June - 4 coasters; August - 30 coasters, 3 parks = 34 coasters, 3 parks
2014: June - 8 coasters, 3 parks; August - 40 coasters, 8 parks = 48 coasters, 11 parks

peep

CF Legend
Hmm, I don't keep a list where my creds are in ridden order so I've just gone and counted up what I've done over the last two years. About 300 creds in two years isn't too bad, just a little under half of my total.

2013: 124
2014: 175

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
Chris Coasters said:
Finally broke my chronology down into years and here it is.
2002 - 1
2004 - 1
2005 - 3
2008 - 2
2010 - 8
2011 - 16
2012 - 16
2013 - 50
2014 - 46

To end the year I added 19 more on my trip to Ohio and Indiana so 2014 finishes with 65.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
East Coast(er) General said:
Since 2008 (when I joined CF) I've always tried to get at least 100 new credz each year. I came up short in 2010 due to the cancellation of the Euro Live and the epic back-to-back U.S. Lives, which ate up four summer weeks at 18 parks that I previously visited.
Here is the breakdown:
2008 - 150
2009 - 186
2010 - 27
2011 - 115
2012 - 154
2013 - 148
2014 - 93

I didn't quite make it to 100, but not bad considering there's very few non-kiddie coasters in the U.S. and Europe that I haven't ridden.