What's new

Most Disappointing Ride

andrus

Giga Poster
Definitely Nemesis! I had high expecations on this ride mainly because it beeing ranked number six in the world at the moment but man I was dissapointed afterwards..

It´s supposed to be really forcefull ("the most intense ride in the world") but I didn't find it more forcefull than any other looping coaster (eg dragon khan). If you sit in the front it's a pretty cool ride beacuse the setting under ground and waterfalls (I got sprayed with purple blood :p) but in any other position on the train you just get dizzy. The combination of inverted trains which blocks the view and the tight turns made me feel a bit sick if not seated in the front row.

All in all an ok coaster in the front row but pretty bad in any other seat. I guess I like hight and speed more than small tight coasters, that's just my opinion!

All the coasters at Holiday World.

EVEN VOYAGE?

OMG, Voyage totally exceeded my expectations. I had NO idea it was that long, and I had heard it was insane, but it was just so much better than I had hoped and that is hard when you had an idea that it was going to be amazing in the first place. Not watching a POV soon beforehand also helped though, I didn't know what to expect.

Legend has an AWESOME layout but it was just too rough to enjoy.. And Raven? Sooo short.

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
I guess I could agree with Holiday World's coasters being disappointing. Voyage is very good, but I wouldn't call it the #2 wooden coaster in the world. It's my #1 woodie and 4th overall right now, but I know there are much better woodies/coasters out there. Raven is very fun, it's probably impossible not to have a 'joyful' ride on it, but I would say it is rated a little too high. Legend isn't really overrated because...well, it's not rated highly and it shouldn't be.

^ Obviously there are going to be better wooden coasters out there.. T-Express, Toro, and Boulder Dash just to name a few, but honestly I could see why people say it's second/third best in the world. Some people prefer it to Toro (hell, it's actually very close for me even) and other Intamin wooden coasters because it has that traditional wooden feeling that Intamins don't.. Plus it's not super rough, just super out of control with fantastic airtime. I think Boulder Dash would be better, but saying it's #2 in the world isn't something I find super hard to believe.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
All the coasters at Holiday World.

EVEN VOYAGE?

OMG, Voyage totally exceeded my expectations. I had NO idea it was that long, and I had heard it was insane, but it was just so much better than I had hoped and that is hard when you had an idea that it was going to be amazing in the first place. Not watching a POV soon beforehand also helped though, I didn't know what to expect.

Legend has an AWESOME layout but it was just too rough to enjoy.. And Raven? Sooo short.

Yes, even Voyage.

It was running really badly when I rode it - a very aggresive ride, and probably why it's had several thousand feet of track replaced after only a few years.

Raven was running really slow and as you said it's very short, and Legend was pretty much as you described it. I'd love to give them another chance in a few years time, but for now none of them crack my top 20.

andrus

Giga Poster
I have to add one! Colossus at thorpe park..
I had fairly high expectations on this one because it had 10 inversions. It was the ride i was looking forward to ride the most at thorpe but it turned out to be a huge dissapointment! The ride is very rugh, totally forceless and repetative, almost boring.. To sum it up: totally rubbish! The worst coaster in the park..

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I found Khan to be quite disappointing. But this is because it's ridiculously over rated. It was good and I enjoyed it, but I was expecting WOW!

andrus

Giga Poster
Joey said:
I found Khan to be quite disappointing. But this is because it's ridiculously over rated. It was good and I enjoyed it, but I was expecting WOW!

What coaster is better than Khan?? I havn't ridden that many coaster yet, Iv'e only been to swedish and danish parks aswell as alton towers, thorpe park and port aventura. But so far Dragon Khan is by far the best coaster I've ever ridden! If there are coasters that is better than Khan out there I wanne know! Please give me some examples of better coasters (especially european ones)! :--D

Ben

CF Legend
^Walibi's Goliath and The Ultimate are both better than Khan. Expedition GeForce probably is too! And a lot of people will rank Balder above Khan... Some would even rank Nemesis above it. They'd be seriously wrong though and should be ignored.

andrus

Giga Poster
Hehe, I agree. I think Khan is way better than Nemesis. But I will check out Goliath and Geforce as soon as i get a shoot! :--D But seriously, is the ultimate any good? It looks kind of boring on youtube...

Jools

Giga Poster
andrus said:
I have to add one! Colossus at thorpe park..
I had fairly high expectations on this one because it had 10 inversions. It was the ride i was looking forward to ride the most at thorpe but it turned out to be a huge dissapointment! The ride is very rugh, totally forceless and repetative, almost boring.. To sum it up: totally rubbish! The worst coaster in the park..

TIP: NEVER BE FOOLED BY RECORD BREAKERS!

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
andrus said:
Joey said:

What coaster is better than Khan?? I havn't ridden that many coaster yet, Iv'e only been to swedish and danish parks aswell as alton towers, thorpe park and port aventura. But so far Dragon Khan is by far the best coaster I've ever ridden! If there are coasters that is better than Khan out there I wanne know! Please give me some examples of better coasters (especially european ones)! :--D
Ben said:
^Walibi's Goliath and The Ultimate are both better than Khan. Expedition GeForce probably is too! And a lot of people will rank Balder above Khan... Some would even rank Nemesis above it. They'd be seriously wrong though and should be ignored.
I thought Khan was boring and, well, forceless...? There was something rather nice about how big it is compared to most of my count, but after that wore off, inversion after inversion is just incredibly dull.

I could honestly say that I enjoyed Baco more. Well. When I wasn't sat on the outside and exposed to that barbaric roughness. I know people mock how others say it varies from seat to seat, but never have I rode anything that varies anywhere NEAR that much.

I don't think Khan would even make my top ten, and considering my count is a rather pitiful 140-something and consists of mostly UK coasters, that's not great, is it?

Still. My opinions seem to vary from the majority drastically. I think I'm even worse than Ben for that. So I shan't expect anyone to agree with me.

It was running really badly when I rode it - a very aggresive ride, and probably why it's had several thousand feet of track replaced after only a few years.

Well it's known to be aggressive, but isn't forces what coasters are all about? It didn't smash me around in a bad way like Son of Beast did.. But in a good like, out of control kind of way. Maybe you did catch it on a bad day though, who knows?

RCF

Strata Poster
I also thought Son of Beast was a let down. I expected it to be cool, but it sucked. I went on with the loop, and on it without the loop, but it still sucked. The loop was cool though.

Enicomb

Mega Poster
Did you sit in a group of 4? Or simply balance the weight out?

You need to either go in just a two with both on the same side or put significantly less weight on one side; then it spins plenty.

It's still not a great ride though. Dragons Fury is better