What's new

Most Disappointing Ride

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
What is the ride you were looking forward to but the overall experiance or the ride itself really let it down?

For me it was the hulk at IOA, wehn we entered the the park it look amazing, but after i got off i was really disapointed with it.

(Im pretty sure there is another topic somewhere but i couldnt find it)

A

Anonymous

Pepsi Max The Big One! Looks amazing but has nothing to it when on the ride, no force and no airtime. The first drop is half decent the rest is just OK.

Snoo

The Legend
Disappointed?

Well.. probably Mummy at USF. I heard SO much hype.. and it was the lamest POS I've ever been on. So very meh it blew my mind.

A

Anonymous

Ollie said:
^ :shock:
Why? EGF is amazing.
No, EGF sucks, since the rides you get are very dependent on weather, and I have been there twice with good weather, where other rides have delivered far superior rides, but EGF failed to deliver any real enjoyment at all, the trims really kills the ride...
Plus I don't like the drop, it's banked too much...

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I'm going to have to say Raptor.

I was expecting it to be really fun. The first drop, Loop & 0G were fine, but then the designer obviously started smoking cannabis.

Or...looked at the edge of a cannabis leaf and thought "oOoh, that looks like the perfect shaping for the rest of the ride".

marc

CF Legend
Well you can guess what I am going to say. Saw The Ride.

It took 4 visits to Thorpe to get on its as was it worth it no. The theming did not live up to anything that was promised. The coaster was a let down compared to other Eurofighters.

Silver Star though was the biggest let down I have ever had. It looked so good but just done nothing at all apart from trim.

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
A-Kid said:
I'm going to have to say Raptor.

I was expecting it to be really fun. The first drop, Loop & 0G were fine, but then the designer obviously started smoking cannabis.

Or...looked at the edge of a cannabis leaf and thought "oOoh, that looks like the perfect shaping for the rest of the ride".

I agree, not quite the thrill I was expecting and like you said the beginning starts fine but dies down.

Another ride that let me down is Half Pipe at Elitch Gardens. Though I don't think half pipe coasters are that great in the first place before going there I had ridden Avatar Airbender which is 30-35 feet shorter the Half Pipe at Elitch Gardens and I feel that Avatar Airbender is still better. Half Pipe is much rougher then I was expecting it to be.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ B&M got the train out to the Cobra Roll just fine, it was getting the train back to the station that was tricky for Raptor. :lol:

Dueling Dragons had to be the biggest disappointment for me.

A generally good pair of inverts, they just didn't meet my heightened expectations after all the build up, feeling as if something was missing from either ride.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I'd say PMBO as well.

Since it was my first and (to date) my only hypercoaster I had high expectations that were not met. Yeah, first drop fun but the rest was like a HUGE Arrow mine train.

Hopefully, this will change when I try Silver Trim and EGF (despite being a Mega) this September <3

Ben

CF Legend
Kraken!

Ugh, what the hell?

Superman: RoS and Toro disappointed me too. They're good, great, but NOT the best in the World, by a LONG margin. Not even the best of their TYPE.

Hydra. I thought it looked awesome. It was rough, slow and AWFUL.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Balder. It was okay, but I really did expect something much more from the ride after the way everyone goes on about it. I suspect it's well out of my top ten now (will have to check) :)

Tony

Hyper Poster
Stampida when it got it's new trains. I thought they would make the ride even better but they made the whole thing extremely rough with no airtime completely ruining the whole ride.

And Tarantula at Parque Atracciones Madrid. I loved Spinball Whizzer and found it really fun and was looking forward to riding the largest of the MS spinning coasters but it was completely disappointing. It barely spun, was a bit rough and just did nothing.

Oh geez, um, I don't even know.

Actually, yes I do. The first time I went on Millennium Force, I thought it actually was not as good as everyone said it was. Then my next ride, I thought it was bomb, but then my opinion dropped of it again once I rode more.

Other than that, nothing much.. I guess Wild Beast because that was one of the worst coasters I have ever been on, but it's not like I was expecting much from it anyway.

Rush

Giga Poster
This has been done many times and the first one I always say is Nemesis.

Always voted highly among enthusiasts, supposedly a world class coaster providing one of the most intense experiences in a world. Yes, it has excellent landscaping but the ride itself isn't really that intense, it's really rough, pacing is poor, I didn't find it very fun at all and the layout did nothing for me. I would take the standard "top speed at the beginning" formula any day. I reckon one of the reasons it gets raved about a lot is because it's different.

I had heard amazing reviews about Ghostrider and was really excited about it being my first woodie. It was horribly rough, no forces and although it was a bit of fun, I didn't think much of it as a stand-out coaster.

Kumali was pretty crap as well. Short, rough, forceless.

Dueling Dragons weren't as good as I was expecting either. They just didn't give me the wow factor I was expecting from them.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ I did enjoy Ghostrider, especially compared to other CCI disasters like Mean Streak.