What's new

Mirabilandia |"DiVertical"| Intamin Water Coaster

andrus

Giga Poster
Re: Mirabilandia |"DiVertical"| Intamin (?) Water Coaster

^Yes but Divertical suggests that the dive and vertical bits are somehow connected. I didn't vote for the name but I think it's a horrible name too! It would have fit well in with a B&M dive machine but not with a 45° drop water coaster..

Ethan

Strata Poster

andrus said:
^Yes but Divertical suggests that the dive and vertical bits are somehow connected. I didn't vote for the name but I think it's a horrible name too! It would have fit well in with a B&M dive machine but not with a 45° drop water coaster..

Actually, 'diversión' in spanish means 'fun', so it's a play on word. So actually, it fits.

andrus

Giga Poster

^Ok, that's a little bit farfetched since we're in Italy at the moment. But could be a somewhat reasonable explenation..

Ethan

Strata Poster

Oh wait your right... in Italian, fun is 'divertimento', so my point still stands :)

andrus

Giga Poster

^Haha ok! It's good to have someone who's versed in languages :wink:

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

Some more pics:

sam3542a.jpg

sam3574.jpg

sam3573p.jpg

sam3550v.jpg

sam3541.jpg

sam3534.jpg

Source:
http://www.rollercoasterrevolution....vita-da-record-di-mirabilandia-continua-.html

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

This is the the weirdest looking thing ever. I can't work out if it's hideously ugly or oddly elegant now :lol:

Ethan

Strata Poster

I hate the shaping on this 'coaster'!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

Did you know that Intamin will be operating this baby from it's headquarters in Switzerland?

528745_10151632738895107_749520106_23876352_1995683180_n.jpg

peep

CF Legend

^Lol, tbh the way I see it the queues will be less for iSpeed and Katun which means if I get to go back I can whore them more because they're actually amazing and this looks average at best.

Mike T

Mega Poster

You see the problem with that theory is that it'll be that way for maybe a couple of months, and then people will collectively realize that they built 15 million dollars worth of horse ****. Don't you worry, there will be long lines for your favorite rides sooner than you think. And besides - think of it this way - if they'd of spread out their roster with a ride that people are going to want to come back for year after year, wouldn't that have a better impact on your wait times than a ride that people ride once out of curiosity? It's like going to see a bad horror film. You might see some profit in the first week - but after that things really start to tank - so you average that out over how long the movie's in theaters and you're left with a piss poor return on your investment.

Cedar Point and Holiday World made the same mistake - it's just pathetic to see a park take those two failures and elaborate on it by adding very standard and meaningless coaster sections.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

Hideously elegant? I like it.

Water rides tend to be VERY popular in Italy.

peep

CF Legend

^This. Mike, despite it being awful and despite the park already having like 4 or 5 water rides this will still be uber popular, especially in the Summer. Although them building this does make me wonder if they'll remove the Tidal Wave type ride on the other side of the park.

Mike T

Mega Poster

If water rides were so popular in Italy the place would be called Mirabilandia water park, and they wouldn't of spent all that money building Katun and iSpeed (which I'm sure are the two biggest draws to the park). Plain and simple, you can justify the ride all you want - but the bottom line is that it's not a very smart investment - and it looks completely out-of-touch with the rest of the park.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

This reminds me of the arguments in the Leviathan thread.

Let's be frank. Mike could be right. It could suck and be a colossal waste of money. It could also be the best ride ever. Until we ride it we don't know. It's as simple as that.

Mike T

Mega Poster

I'd love to hear the logic on how this could be the best ride ever. Anybody want to humor me?