What's new

Merlin to run Blackpool Tower after £40m deal!

Lofty

CF Legend
^ The Extremis was discussed from the start. And from what I've heard it's the tallest one to date, which made me an incredibly happy boy.

I'm going to The Dungeons with a Press Pass on Monday. Will let you all know how it is.

Btw, Merlin have really stepped up the towers lighting from 2011. Look at the top: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfKO2WBjTPA&feature=related[/youtube]

This video really doesn't do it justice. The WHOLE top of the tower lights up like that. It's really gay. I love it!

marc

CF Legend
I thought I was going to see the same thing that they do to the Paris one lol.

Well at least they have done something to make it look better.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
-lofty- said:
Btw, Merlin have really stepped up the towers lighting from 2011. Look at the top: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfKO2WBjTPA&feature=related[/youtube]

This video really doesn't do it justice. The WHOLE top of the tower lights up like that. It's really gay. I love it!
Is your favourite bit when it glows a shiny purple colour?

Lofty

CF Legend
Ian said:
-lofty- said:

Is your favourite bit when it glows a shiny purple colour?

No. It does this rainbow section. It's FAB. ;)

Ben said:
-lofty- said:
I'm going to The Dungeons with a Press Pass on Monday. Will let you all know how it is.

That's so last May.

Yes, so last May for The London Dungeons Benny Boy. This is for the Blackpool Tower Dungeons. Keep up son. You're letting the side down!

davidm

Strata Poster
^ I think Dave is suffering from glass-floor-envy...

Is that twice as big as yours Dave?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
O. M. G.

How much for a day ticket the "The Blackpool Tower Experience"?

£20? Little low.
£30? Small change.
£40? What, this isn't Alton towers, it's BLACKPOOL TOWER!
£60? You're taking the piss surely!
£80??? That's the badger and worth every, single, penny.

Seriously, 80 **** pounds for a day at Blackpool Tower. I'm actually still in shock... Actually, I'm beyond shock and disbelief and out the other side into laughter at the audacity.

Is there a single person here who thinks that could even slightly be justified?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Deeper into debt? :p

Dungeons, Sea Life, Madame Tussauds, Tower (ballroom, playbarn and circus), "Blackpool Eye" (lift to the top and the 4D show).

I went into the Tower 5 years ago, and I think it was about £15 each. The circus was good, as was the playbarn (if you have kids, but it's not the only playbarn in Blackpool). Ballroom was "nice to look at". I think we spent about two hours there which wasn't great.

I know what's coming "if you were to do all those attractions separately in London, it would also cost £80" - this is true, but you'd also be in London. Plus, £80 is halfway to a full Merlin annual pass. On top of that, you're still only looking at perhaps 4 hours entertainment, tops - if you wanted to do it all. It's just such a huge amount of money, like a properly huge amount of money for an attraction no matter how many parts it's divided into.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sorry, give me a minute ...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ...

Sorry, wait, right ok I'm ok ...

What the actual

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

Oh ... Oh ... No, I'll have to come back to this later ...

alexr

Hyper Poster
furie said:
O. M. G.

How much for a day ticket the "The Blackpool Tower Experience"?

£20? Little low.
£30? Small change.
£40? What, this isn't Alton towers, it's BLACKPOOL TOWER!
£60? You're taking the piss surely!
£80??? That's the badger and worth every, single, penny.

Seriously, 80 **** pounds for a day at Blackpool Tower. I'm actually still in shock... Actually, I'm beyond shock and disbelief and out the other side into laughter at the audacity.

Is there a single person here who thinks that could even slightly be justified?

This.

Seriously, It's ridiculous and Vastly over price, They must have changed it a lot hopefully but the old one was a complete dump.

Circus was alright, nothing special. They had a ok looking play area, the 4d cinema was terrible along with a **** Dinosaur walk through. The Tower is ok it gave an ok view through dirty glass windows. Also the Ballroom was interesting for about 2 minutes then the Novelty of seeing old people dancing to bad music wore off.

darrenhosker

Roller Poster
When I went last weekend, it was £45 for the whole lot not £80.

That included Tower Eye & 4D, Ballroom, Jungle Jims, Circus, Madame Tussauds, Sealife & Tower Dungeons. I thought that was a bit of a rip off but I suppose its not too bad when you consider it could be a full day out.

I thought the Dungeons was actually very good, and I havent been to any other before. We were in there for over an hour and it was very well paced and interesting. The tower eye 4D was very good too.

The only thing I didnt like was the fact that most of the Merlin attractions were open until 10pm on a Sunday (It was Illuminations Weekend) but Madame Tussauds was the only thing that closed at 6pm. We bought the multi pass at 4.30pm upon advice from the cashier, we bought this on the way into the Dungeons. Emerged from there at 5.40pm to find that MT was closed and we wouldnt be able to use the ticket!! They forgot to mention that to us.

There was loads of people trying the doors at MT and people looked a little pee'd off it was shut, and then next door the Sealife was open until late but was totally dead. It's illuminations weekend, why is it shut so early. Everything else was open and it was heaving.

Daz

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Actually I was either mis-informed or the prices have changed... It's around £72 for a day on the door (according to their website). So there we are, bargain ;) http://www.theblackpooltower.com/ticket ... rices.aspx

Online prices are less, £40, which is clearly a true bargain, in fact I'm ordering 20 tickets now in case they sell out ;)