What's new

Lucifers Curse - FIRST EVER NoLimits Ghost Train COMPLETE!!

A

Anonymous

I like it a lot, I want to see the actual track before I give my verdict, since there is a few things I would check, it looks awfully tight in the corners (I mean with the scenery)...

But the video was absolutely awesome!!

SAW_gameover

Mega Poster
Brilliant job. Thoroughly enjoyed this. Thought

-Thought the overall layout was good, and disorientating (dunno if thats the right word :D) Bit of a high-speed sharp turn after the 2 drop

-Thought the whole fake track thing was cool, had to re watch it as I wasn't sure what happened.

-The pictures were cool, loved the first one.

-Not really a fan of the popping out thing at 0:50, but then again its personal preference, I'm not slating it.

-Loving the music, the vocals made me Lol. Dunno why, but they did.

-Oh and I thought that chainsaw scene was brill. Liked all the hanging body parts.

Overall an entertaining watch. Didn't expect it to turn out this good. Hopefully we'll see more of these in NL (Even though it is a coaster simulator as everyone is talking about)

Ollie

CF Legend
The corners are fine Loefet. There aren't any collisions that I saw but I do agree that a couple of the corners could of been a bit wider.

Thanks for all the reviews so far. Glad you're all loving it. Really pleased with it myself which is strange for me as usually by the end of making a ride I've spent so much time with it I've got bored of it.
I'll try and get the download up asap.

Brookes

Giga Poster
Haha this was brilliant. I loved the video with the music and the effects were fantastic. The turn at 1:40 does look a little tight with the speed, but 10/10 for the effects.

Ollie

CF Legend
Ingested Banjo said:
Oh yeah how long did it take you to make the body parts?? The looked like pretty complex objects to me.
Not long as I used an Alpha Channel texture.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm not going to fully rate it until I can ride the track, but that video makes it look really good.

You've got a well thought through layout and I liked the 3Ds and effects.

Good work, I like you're alternative approach to using NL.

A

Anonymous

YAY, download!!

I will have a look now...

You might want to sort out that link, since because you have a "space" in the file name you have to cut and paste it.

lond

Roller Poster
This is a really fun ride like one of the now quite rare old school haunted houses. I have ridden real haunted houses with higher lats than this ride.
I give it 10/10.

A

Anonymous

Well as I suspected...

there is a lot of hits between the scenery and the car, you really need to give the car a lot more space in the future... :(

I still love it though, especially that video!!

Ollie

CF Legend
^Shush you. It's the first time it's been done so there's going to be errors. :p
I did try moving the track where it hit but when I went into the sim it hadn't moved.

And thanks. I like the video too. :)

Leighton

Mega Poster
As I said previously, I like the concept, but I did expect a bit more originality on the layout, and the themeing should have been better with your twisted imagination. :) but for a concept, it's quite good.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm... I think this is a case of "the ride is made for the video, not vice versa...". The ride itself was great, the video even better. But once you start turning the camera, it doesn't look finished, so to say. There were gaps pointing into other rooms, the roof was a mess, and the textures were kinda screwy in places (left wall of the first room...). Though, the concept is brilliant, and you did it very well. It's just that a little extra effort could have made it even better. Adding a little bit of terrain, and a forest or so plus setting a different custom environment for it would enchance it greatly.

A 10/10 for the video, the concept and the idea in general, but 7/10 for the execution of it.

I'd really, really like to see more ghost trains from you. It suits you just perfectly, and I believe that you could do it really great, with the experience from this and your knowledge of scary stuff.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Agreed.

You know what'd be great? If you combine a ghost train like this, with a coaster. I don't know how it'd work properly, that'd be your challenge. However, something similar to Dragon at Legoland would be really cool. You'd be able to combine this sort of thing with 3Ds.

And yeah, I agree with Poke about this coaster. Great concept, well executed video, not quite so great on the actual ride front. Well done!

Ollie

CF Legend
Sorry for the bump. Has anyone still got the file for this? Is it ok if you can re-upload it so I can get it again.

Ollie

CF Legend
^Thanks. You don't happen to have either of my last two Saw rides as well do you? Both my Rec that went wrong and the one I did with Leighton ages back.