What's new

Lucifers Curse - FIRST EVER NoLimits Ghost Train COMPLETE!!

Ollie

CF Legend
luciferscurse.png

A traditional Ghost Train with a modern twist:
-On board speakers in each car
-Special Effects bring the ride to live
-Live actors added after 6pm each night
-Uses the famous pepper ghost effects as made famous by Disney's Haunted Mansion.

VIDEO: Watch in High Quality...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QX0qHYLyw8[/youtube]

DOWNLOAD LINK:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/y1yt3neayjt/Lucifers Curse.nlpack

Don't forget to ride, rate and comment on:
-Theming
-Effects
-Layout
-Music/sounds
-Overall Experience

And most of all I hope you enjoy and have a pleasant ride. :)

Ollie

CF Legend
^You can if you want. Ok then first publicly released Ghost Train using NoLimits. :p
And it's almost finished already. Just need to get someone to do something for me and I can finish it off. :)

Ollie

CF Legend
I dunno. Catch me on MSN and I'll explain what it is I need doing.
Someone's already said he'll do it though. It's just that he's never online half the time :p

Leighton

Mega Poster
As I told you on MSN, it looks good. I can't go into specific details about what I like or it would spoil it for everyone else.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Nice idea.

I know the track is heavily 3Ds based, but I worry that often, the emphasis is placed more on that, than on the track. I mean, it is a Roller coaster simulator afterall.

Don't get me wrong, I love 3Ds, especially immersive ones, but, I still rate more for the track itself...

Ollie

CF Legend
^Yes but this is a ghost train. There's no fancy track-work apart from the way the layout works its way around the room of the castle. I'm trying to use NoLimits for more than just a track builder and try and create an immersive experience that follows a narrative.
I'm also going to try and make it scary but that's hard to do with static objects. :p

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
But that's my point, a Ghost Train, isn't a roller-coaster. I know you are using a roller coaster track, but that's because you're using No Limits.

You're taking ideas from a game..and putting them into a Simulator.

I do like the idea, and it will be good to see it, however, I just think that for a roller-coaster simulator, it should be a roller-coaster you are creating, not an imitation of a fairground ride.

Ollie

CF Legend
I want to be different though. Everyone keeps saying they're seeing the same type of rides here and I wanted to do something that noone had done before. I know NoLimits is to make coasters but why not use it to create something different and imaginative?

And it should count as a coaster anyway as it's got drops and hills.

jokerman

Giga Poster
I like the idea of this. I think it is an interesting use of a piece of software.

Looks great so far. At least this time the 3Ds don't have to exactly match a real thing.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Heh, I love this coaster and it's discussions being right after I posted on Q+A as to whether Spuk castle was a coaster because it had a drop in...

But yeah, it looks dead impressive even now, and it's beyond anything I can do, so keep it up and I wanna work out how to use my trackpackager by the time you're done!

Ollie

CF Legend
Added some more info to the end of the first post. Obviously I can't make live actors out of 3Ds as you can't have moving objects in NoLimits but I added it just for general info.

Ollie

CF Legend
The ride is now complete. Go to the first page to watch the video.
The download link for those that want it will be available tomorrow as I have to re-install the track packager on my computer and sort a couple of things out first.

Anyway, interested to hear what you all think of it. :)

Ollie

CF Legend
Thanks. Glad you like it. :)
Although I would like a bit more of an in depth review of what you liked/disliked etc like I asked in the first post.

Don't forget to ride, rate and comment on:
-Theming
-Effects
-Layout
-Music/sounds
-Overall Experience

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
The scary faces made me laugh so hard... but I'd be crapping myself were I actually riding it! Absolutely fantastic job, you've inspired me to learn wings3d instead of theming my rides with supports...

The corner around 1:40 or so looks a bit tight, but I assume the G force is alright? I liked the bit before that, with the track that goes forward, and then you turn off a side alley. It sure fooled me.

Another thing is, it's a bit hard to do this if you're going to hold the camera still whilst filming the ride, but a lot of ghost trains have jumpy things around the corners that jump out just as they come into view...

You could tell that you'd edited in all the scary faces apart from the paintings, but I couldn't do anything even half as good, and I got what they were meant to be.

Layout - great! Not much I can comment on because as is everyone on this site, I'm more into coasters than a connoisseur of ghost trains... but the endless rooms did leave me completely disorientated by the end.

10/10

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I love that each element/scene worked well with each other. I had the music loud, so I did get made jump by effects. Really like the effects for the paintings. Especially the first one! That made me laugh!

I also like the pumping atmosphere created near the end. You feel like your on a mission! Much like Duel seems to have. The last animation made a good end.

The layout confused me! I didn't know where it was going, which is a good thing :D

I am inspired by this project. Make me wanna attempt something like this. I'm going to give it a 10/10 because it was really good fun ride to go around. I actually rode around twise hehe :)