What's new

Lost - who is still watching it?

mrclam

Giga Poster
Mit deLuxe said:
Yes I have been watching lost and have been since the start, but sky 1 is annoying me now with all the adverts!

You should try watching it out here!!!

An episode lasts for 1 hour 10 minutes here...

Remove the ads and its more like 40 minutes...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I record twenty mins of it on the V+ box, then start watching it, skipping the adverts. It works out just about right :)

mrclam

Giga Poster
The other silliness is that it gets repeated about 5 or 6 times over the space of a wednesday night..

But not again during the week..

I *LOVE* the recap episode they do each week though - with little subtitles at the bottom of the screen telling you stuff you may have missed.. i.e. coming back on the plane it was telling you what book ben was reading and the significance of it...

tks

Strata Poster
On the subject of Ben, does anyone think he majorly killed Penny before he got on the plane. He looked a bit covered in blood and was by a dock when he rang Jack telling him to get the coffin.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I think there's a good chance, though it may have been a scrap with Sayid?

nealbie

CF Legend
furie said:
I record twenty mins of it on the V+ box, then start watching it, skipping the adverts. It works out just about right :)
Good God in Heaven! I actually do exactly the same! Misses the adverts totally, although as there's 3 breaks of 5 mins or so I start after 15 mins :lol:

But it is blatantly the way to watch tele, and is quite possibly the best reason for having live recording on television!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Works well for me as Minor_Furie doesn't go to bed until around 9:30, so I can stay up watching stuff with him or playing games with him until I know I'm well into the time I can skip ads :)

As long as nobody posts a spoiler in the mean time :p

mrclam

Giga Poster
Ben almost definately killed penny (he told widmore he would).. Thus giving desmond a reason to return to the island (revenge)

DAMN it not being on this week though!

nealbie

CF Legend
^ Yeah why is it not on this week? That means I only get to watch Bones this week :(

Although I'm not complaining too much :lol:

tks

Strata Poster
Something to do with the American programming I believe, so therefore us Brits have to be kept behind as well. Oh well. I'm gutted that i'm going to miss 4 weeks of it over easter.. I'm steering clear or anything on the internet that says Lost until then I get back!

Bitter

Mega Poster
Just download torrents of it? They're in HD quality, miss out all the ads, and you can watch them whenever you want, not to mention going back to rewatch any bits you want/need to watch again. One epsiode is 350mb, 42mins without ads, and with a reasonable connection can be downloaded pretty quickly. For me here at Uni it takes about 14 hours to download : (, so I leave it on overnight and watch it on Friday.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I thought it was over? And that it ended with
The biggest WTF of them all. Everyone got off the island on some float of sorts, and it turns out it was never there. And no time had passed since the crash. It just vanished, as did everything that had happened since the crash. It was all in the people's minds. They all sit on the float, watching the emptiness that should have been the island behind them. No further answers given.

May have been wrong, though. For all I know, it was just a theory or some rumour.

mrclam

Giga Poster
Pokemaniac said:
I thought it was over? And that it ended with

The biggest WTF of them all. Everyone got off the island on some float of sorts, and it turns out it was never there. And no time had passed since the crash. It just vanished, as did everything that had happened since the crash. It was all in the people's minds. They all sit on the float, watching the emptiness that should have been the island behind them. No further answers given.

May have been wrong, though. For all I know, it was just a theory or some rumour.

That happened last season..

They got off the island, and it disapeared (well it moved.. in time.. and space)

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
Lain said:
Ploddish said:
Lost makes me happy. I think last episode really set in stone for me that they really did know what they were doing all along because, and I hope this works:

That Bernard bloke was in an episode aaaaaaaages ago, and now he's finally turned up again!

I've loved this series since Ana Lucia turned up completely out of the blue :D

Haha!

I never knew we had spoiler tags!

But since we do, I can tell you this:

You said Bernard, but I really think you meant Horace. Bernard is Rose's husband.

Woo!

Oops, yes. That. Horace is a much better name. Better hair too.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Bitter said:
Just download torrents of it? They're in HD quality, miss out all the ads, and you can watch them whenever you want, not to mention going back to rewatch any bits you want/need to watch again. One epsiode is 350mb, 42mins without ads, and with a reasonable connection can be downloaded pretty quickly. For me here at Uni it takes about 14 hours to download : (, so I leave it on overnight and watch it on Friday.

As well as being illegal, it's also a pain in the arse for me to get it into my large HD TV in the living room, with surround sound. Granted, if I was sitting sad and lonely in uni dorms or a shared house, then it would be a fine solution.

However, I prefer to have it in big living room comfort, preferably big living room cinematic comfort with a beer :) Oh, and feeling smug about the fact I paid to see it legally and am supporting future production of the show :p

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster
mrclam said:
Mit deLuxe said:
Yes I have been watching lost and have been since the start, but sky 1 is annoying me now with all the adverts!

You should try watching it out here!!!

An episode lasts for 1 hour 10 minutes here...

Remove the ads and its more like 40 minutes...

Lol, I know it's really bad at the moment! We get 5 minutes then something like a 5 minute ad break right at the start! ARGH!

mrclam

Giga Poster
A theory we came up with in the pub last night.

Richard doesnt age because he, like locke and jacks dad.. is dead.

We recon he probably died when jughead blew up or something.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Schumi said:
Yeah why is it not on this week?
tks said:
Something to do with the American programming I believe...
March Madness (college basketball championships) start up this week, so most TV shows will be repeats as the other broadcasts do not want to go up against the tournament.