What's new

Liseberg | Helix | Mack Megacoaster

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
So gorgeous! Love the look of that track color with the lighter supports and that station is shaping up! WANT!!! :D

peep

CF Legend
Zch2AWw.gif

Some amazing pics there. Really looking forward to riding it in July.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
It should be mentioned that those photos were taken by European Coaster Club's Justin Garvanovic for the next edition of First Drop.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I've picked out these two photos. In the first one there is so much going on, it looks incredible. I hope it keeps a decent pace throughout the ride and doesn't plod about too much. It needs to be quick.

The inversion above the tunneled escalators looks really tight from track position but the overview image shows there is plenty of clearance, which does disappoint me slightly.

Meh, I'm nitpicking. It looks fab.

andrus

Giga Poster
Noo! Why would they destroy this sexy looking coaster with such an ugly support structure?!? >< This is the first time I've been negatively surpriced during construction...

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
I was always dubious on that element looking very out of place, unfortunately my fears have been realised...

Shame, a single flaw of architectural burden...

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
I was always dubious on that element looking very out of place, unfortunately my fears have been realised...

Shame, a single flaw of architectural burden...

Me too, everything else but the second launch and the top-hat looks perfect and it bugs me.
Oh well, I guess the fact that the only thing we're complaining about is the look of the structure on a single element is a pretty good sign for the ride.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yes, that support does look ugly but it's perfect for hanging some fairy lights from and erecting a big sign featuring a bunny rabbit.

marc

CF Legend
I love this coaster, don't care how it rides just the way it looks and interacts with all the other rides.

lond

Roller Poster
Two new (almost) 360° panoramas from the constructions site of Helix. Taken this friday when my brother and I was guided the construction site of Helix.

/// Marcus

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
This looks so much better from the ground. Still ugly, but I think this is gonna be a serious contender for any well-established coasters in Europe!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
From those sexy 3D ground photos, one can appreciate the engineering involved. I don't think I've seen a coaster since Nemesis where the engineers have to be clever with the supports to match the terrain. I also love the way the coaster is involved with the area. Yeah, best looking coaster of 2014 imo.