What's new

Liseberg | Helix | Mack Megacoaster

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
It's going to be officially announced on thursday when I'm gonna be at the Euro Attractions Show, so I hope they'll feature it there.

I'm excited!

292777_517363724959865_1280676833_n.jpg

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Re: Liseberg's Biggest Investment Ever - 2014

This kinda got me excited again for the park!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Oh cool! It has to be a coaster. Will you be tweeting or posting anywhere live so I read what it is? Ride announcements excite me and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

Ian said:
Oh cool! It has to be a coaster. Will you be tweeting or posting anywhere live so I read what it is? Ride announcements excite me and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

It is a coaster, and yes I will be posting it along with other exciting IAAPA EAS stuff on CoasterClub Denmark's FB Page, which you can find here: http://www.facebook.com/CoasterClubDenmark - It'll probably be posted in english as well now that I know you'll read it.

I'm also planning on doing video interviews from the EAS show floor, interviewing Intamin, Maurer, Gerstlauer and a lot others! Those videos should be up as fast as possible during next week on this channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thecoasterc ... sults_main

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^ Ah cool, I'll keep an eye on it! Don't bother to post in English just for me, I'll run it through Google Translate and I think Facebook has dynamic translation anyway :)

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Doesn't this mean they need to first tear down something? Haha. that's the one thing that I both simultaneously love and hate about Liseberg, the risk of loosing something awesome and gaining something new and fresh is constant.

Is there no rumour on ride type, location or anything?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

There's a load of land at the back of Balder that they can make available to use Joey. There's a car manufacturing plant or something too. There are maps in another topic about the expansions - so room isn't an issue in the slightest - if they need it, they've got it :)

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

They do have space on the mountain as well, which is where I think the new coaster will be located.

Nic

Strata Poster

Is this likely to be 2014 as aren't they getting the kiddie area with the new kiddie cred next year? Or is that another park and I've lost the plot?

There's a big Volvo plant next door isn't there? Made me laugh on Click the other day because they were doing an article on driverless Volvos from "a top secret location", then showed them driving past the park entrance.

peep

CF Legend

^Considering the topic title says 2014 I'd assume it's for then :p

And yes, Liseberg is the park getting the kiddy area next year.

Nic

Strata Poster

I've still got Vadge flu. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

Well done nic. You made me laugh beer through my nose... I hope you're happy.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

TheCoasterCruiser said:
They do have space on the mountain as well, which is where I think the new coaster will be located.

As far as I can recall, they won't be building anything noisy on the mountain, because the problems with the neighbours is greatest in that direction.

Though, if they've managed to acquire the old car plant, they have plenty of room back there, even taking into account the old dream of building an indoor water park there.

Now, where are our Gothenburgian CF-ers today? If we have any, they could probably shed some light on this...

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I've been checked and still no info. Reading rumours on other sites, the speculation points to a Mack coaster. If it's similar to Blue Fire, I'm going there next year. If it spins, it can wait.

Martyn B

CF Legend

So, unless there has been some confusion, it appears that Liseberg will make their biggest ever investment, 2 years in a row.... which is unheard of really.

Liseberg Amusement Park, located in Gothenburg, Sweden, announced that it would make in 2013 the biggest investment in its history as part of its 90th anniversary. The park will indeed invest 195 million Swedish kronor, or about 22.6 million euros, to create a new themed area for kids called Kaninlandet.
Quote from www.newsparcs.com

Just doesn't seem right to me.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Liseberg's vice president said it would be a world premiere, so it has to be the long awaited premiere for Mack's inverted spinning ride.

Intricks

Strata Poster

You mean the same one that was proposed to go to Hersheyparlk during its Project 2012?

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Yeah, that's the one I was thinking of. This one might be a little more family oriented, but it would make sense. The GP seems to really miss the old Vekoma Invertigo, so another inverted ride makes sense. Add the world premiere, and the Mack rumours and it has to be it. Two more days!