Lofty

CF Legend
Re: Liseberg | "Project Helix" | Mack Megacoaster

So, it turns out, they've redesigned the very beginning of the ride:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikUVqIh6x1Y&sns=em[/youtube]

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

I thought it was going to be shorter and less fun but after watching the original video agian I can see that it's a improvement from the first layout and about the same length.

So 7 inversions now! :p

IntaminToWin

Mega Poster

Wow, they're fixing/improving things BEFORE the ride opens? Pay attention, Intamin, or these guys will be making all of the things you normally would- and by virtue, make me have to change my username or it would be irrelevant.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Excellent, that little turnaroundthing out of the station before the launch reminds me of Shock at Rainbow Magicland - which is awesome. Best new coaster of 2014 without a doubt!

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster

They have improved the layout with what looks like an inside top hat after the second launch! :)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGmesc5tBt4[/youtube]
Making it now an 8 inversion coaster!
I am seriously wondering if this will be the "World's First ten inversion launch coaster".

tomahawk

Strata Poster

My question is, why do they announce it, then keep adding twists? It was announced a year and a half before it opened, so I don't see the rush to announce it since they are making changes now.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

tomahawKSU said:
My question is, why do they announce it, then keep adding twists? It was announced a year and a half before it opened, so I don't see the rush to announce it since they are making changes now.

Maybe they just wanna do it differently, having people more in touch with how the project is done?

Coasterfreck said:

It's still 7 inversions.

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster

_koppen said:
tomahawKSU said:

Maybe they just wanna do it differently, having people more in touch with how the project is done?
I have a feeling they did it deliberately so that we can keep talking and promoting it, plus it makes it more fun when a theme park keeps things up their sleeves, as apposed to completly revealing the final layout and waiting for it to open.
_koppen said:
Coasterfreck said:

It's still 7 inversions.
Well an inside top hat is an inversion, so that would count as the 8th inversion.
Roller Coaster Elements said:
In a top hat inversion, also called an inside top hat, when the train approaches the top of the "hat", it makes a 90 degree twist so that it is on the inside of the element (hence the name), and once it reaches top hat's apex the train is upside down under the track.

CoasterfanSWE

Roller Poster

so that would count as the 8th inversion.

No, since they replaced the corkscrew that was previously there with the inside top hat. The layout was previously Launch 2-Twisted airtime Hill-Corkscrew, now it is Launch 2-Inside tophat-airtime hill

iblamefish

Roller Poster

That's the ultimate corkscrew. I'm most definitely going to have to ride this thing.

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster

CoasterfanSWE said:
so that would count as the 8th inversion.

No, since they replaced the corkscrew that was previously there with the inside top hat. The layout was previously Launch 2-Twisted airtime Hill-Corkscrew, now it is Launch 2-Inside tophat-airtime hill
That was not a corkscrew, It just was a Twisted Airtime Hill as this screenshot proves.
E0C6604C-56BC-4E44-99C3-C1D7CC14F119-126-0000000597311DE3.jpg

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Coasterfreck said:
That was not a corkscrew, It just was a Twisted Airtime Hill as this screenshot proves

You obviously don't know the layout for the ride, so stop commenting about it, it makes you look dumb.

Ethan

Strata Poster

^ Actually, Coasterfreck is correct. You obviously don't know the layout for the ride... It makes you look dumb.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Ethan said:
^ Actually, Coasterfreck is correct. You obviously don't know the layout for the ride... It makes you look dumb.

No he's not. The ride don't have 8 inversions.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

As _koppen says, the new layout hasn't increased the number of inversions.
Before the change it was: Launch - Airtime Hill - Corkscrew.
After the change it's: Launch - Inside Tophat - Airtime Hill.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Yes, but there was an airtime hill there before. That's what I was getting at.