What's new

Last Corkscrew Ride!

coastermac

Roller Poster
Who are the people on the second to last picture, and on the second row back? I remember meeting them and chatting to them in the cue line, was rather fun!

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
Wish I went, almost did, but Grandad was in Hospital....

HOWEVER! I have found what may be the best memorial video of Corkscrew on Youtube, I bloody love it! :--D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymIURrPogqI[/youtube]

Hope you guys enjoy it :p

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
coastermac said:
That was neither good, or was it a Corkscrew memorial Video

It was a Corkscrew memorial video, like I said above it, and like it actually said in the video, which is by far the best on Youtube. What the do you mean "that was neither good?" It combines shots of Corkscrew, inside the ride area, and great shots of the other rides in the park, especially Air. All of it was shot on the 9th November, at the farewell Corkscrew event. All combined with great music, and great quality, making it a great video. Better than all of the other memorial videos on Youtube which are all just a collection of pictures from Google, or on-ride videos shot by a bunch of common chavs, on a mobile phone with a frame rate of about 1fps. There are however, some good videos of just Corkscrew inside the ride area, but I personally don't think that they are as good as this one, courtesy of TurboJUK.

coastermac

Roller Poster
Alright, keep your pants on. My point was, just putting some movie maker words over a video of Corkscrew and the REST of the coasters in Alton doesn't make it a memorial video. Some nice clips, but the music just didn't fit for what you were saying it was.

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
coastermac said:
Alright, keep your pants on. My point was, just putting some movie maker words over a video of Corkscrew and the REST of the coasters in Alton doesn't make it a memorial video. Some nice clips, but the music just didn't fit for what you were saying it was.

It was a video of the Farewell Corkscrew event. And in my opinion, the music fits perfectly. You probably disagree, as you would prefer some hardcore drum & bass, where you can drop a few smurfs and go out raving with glow sticks.