What's new

Last Corkscrew Ride!

coastermac

Roller Poster
Was anybody on the last PUBLIC ride of the Corkscrew? I was on the very back of it, in a white T-shirt with a black corkscrew shadow, (My mum had one too!) There was a quite a fuss in the cue and we spent 20 minutes counting 24 people? Was quite a laugh and I hope you bought a picture!

Peter

Hyper Poster
There was about 6 CFers on the last public ride (me included!), excluding the competition winners train.

You should have said hello. We were only about 4 people from the end of the queue, and all had matching t-shirts with CF written on the back. :p

Martyn H

Hyper Poster
Peter said:
There was about 6 CFers on the last public ride (me included!), excluding the competition winners train.
And me! :--D

Was really a fun queue, with all the "No, you go first" style faff.

I think I was at the front of car 4 on the left. Ben bought an ORP, I can't remember if anyone else did though.

Felt really amazing to do it, and it didn't hurt that much :p

Ollie

CF Legend
Just got some screenshots of CF on the BBC news and Furie Mark and Ian getting interviewed so will post that once I've cropped them. :)

Martyn H

Hyper Poster
Ollie said:
Just got some screenshots of CF on the BBC news and Furie Mark and Ian getting interviewed so will post that once I've cropped them. :)
I can post the ones I took live once I've got round to finding a USB cable :)

I actually miss Corkscrew now! :shock:

Ollie

CF Legend
Right. Some shots are in order. :p

Furie getting interviewed:
CF2.png

Mark getting interviewed:
CF3.png

Ian getting interviewed:
CF4.png

And Russell getting interviewed with some familiar CF faces in the background:
CF1.png

Ben

CF Legend
Lol, that queue was so close to being a fail.

I was the one going "JUST MOVE" :p.

Was awesome though!

coastermac

Roller Poster
Tbh, I was the load kid at the front, jumping and screaming, you may have seen me run down the cue line shouting.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
I was on the last public train too, with my Mum and my brother. We were on the...2nd car I think? Maybe the 3rd. We kept counting the heads to make sure we all got on our own train ha!

Thanks to the guy in the hat who allowed us all on as well! Since the train before us only had about 5 people on it, but he let us have our own train so we all got on the last one. Sorted!

What an absolutley incredible day.

A

Anonymous

I must have been infront of you Coaster mac, am quite tall and was wearing a black coat. I was shouting Corky corky corky during the ride like a fool, but I dont care lol.

The ride will be missed.

Ash

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I've currently read over 70 people's tales of their last ride on the last public run of the Corkscrew...

I think they added both trains together for that final time ;)

A

Anonymous

I was on the last public train, before the competition winners. Yeah, I remember the guys infront counting to make sure there were no more than 24, were 6 of us CF'ers who got on, even if Ben wanted to make clear he was a TPR fan boy opening his coat to show his TPR T shirt. Good last memories of my last ride on Corkscrew, thanks Alton Towers.

Peter

Hyper Poster
Us 6 CFers were definatly on the last public ride before the competition winners. Thats me, stealth.thorpe, Ben, Myk, Will and his brother (Who I think was also called Peter?) There were only like 5 people behind us:

e7xhzr.jpg

The people in red jackets are AT staff, stopping anyone joining the queue by jumping fences e.t.c

Was great how once the queue closed, no body moved down the queue line. We stood there arguing who should go first for 5 mins, before we realised that there was less than 24 people, and we'd all get on last train anyway. :lol:

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Me, my brother and my Mum were on the last train too, as I also remember the argueing and the constant counting of heads to ensure that the numbers were less than 24 and there hadn't been a miss-count!

So that's already 9 people of the last 22 accounted for. therefore just under a half of the last ever public train were CFers/CF associates! Awsome!

Slash

Giga Poster
Well its time to be newbie... whats TPR? I'm glad everyone was so happy that day, I miss the corkscrew.

[TPR is Theme Park Review, Robb Alvey's site - Rob]

Thank you mystery post editor!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
These are not my images, they belong to newbie CFer 80schild but as he's unable to post images just yet, I'm posting on his behalf.

PB090176.jpg

The queue line closes and the last riders walk through.

PB090177.jpg

The car before ours only had four riders.

PB090178.jpg

PB090179.jpg

Waiting for the last public train.

PB090181.jpg

PB090180.jpg

Last ride over. We had to wait five minutes in the rain for the comp
winners to board ahead of us.

PB090182.jpg

The last 'real' riders.

PB090185.jpg

The final car of the day.

coastermac

Roller Poster
Ah mint, thats me in the hood, Directly behind and left of the girl in the white coat. You might have seen me. Me and my mum got T-shirts printed! (First picture)