a zero g roll
eurro100921002113002.png

A (poorly) made 90 dig dive loop.
eurro100921002142003.png

Barrow roll into half loop
eurro100921002224004.png

Over view

eurro100921002249005.png

Now sadly the sign is no more I uninstalled google sketch up 7 because it wasnt helping my hd space. D:

RCF

Strata Poster
I have several criticisms that I have to point out:

1) Your coasters can have serious pacing issues. Sometimes they're going just too fast, other times not nearly fast enough

2)There is A LOT of pumping in them as well

3)The transitions are very, VERY snappy and are not smooth at all.

In short, there are some serious issues, but some of the layouts can be very promising, if done right, and some of these are just not. Keep making layouts like that, just smooth it out and really work on them, because I think they can be really good. :)

A

Anonymous

RCF said:
I have several criticisms that I have to point out:

1) Your coasters can have serious pacing issues. Sometimes they're going just too fast, other times not nearly fast enough

2)There is A LOT of pumping in them as well

3)The transitions are very, VERY snappy and are not smooth at all.

In short, there are some serious issues, but some of the layouts can be very promising, if done right, and some of these are just not. Keep making layouts like that, just smooth it out and really work on them, because I think they can be really good. :)

Yeah Im trying hard to work on the lay out, perosnaly the next one is allot better, I keep improving what can I say>:D
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ-H59jZVYo[/youtube]

Xpress

Strata Poster
Not bad, you still need to work on the pacing though.

Pacing is the overall speed of the train through the track- slower pacing means that the train just crawls through an element, where it should be moving quite rapidly.

I can also tell you're not using nearly enough segments. The more segments you use, the better control you will have over a track.

For example, say you want to make a circle on a graph, by graphing the points. Obviously, using 3 points will get you a triangle, 4 a square, and so on and so forth- the more points you use on the graph, the better the shaping will be for a circle.

Also, here is an example of a track that uses the maximum possible segments for the layout (seriously, try to add another segment inbetween 2 of them and you'll wind up with a bump):

22509020.png

Jer

Strata Poster
Sure Xpress dont mention that his shaping is completely off and his track is wayy to spread out.

Try to compact your layout more, especially for a Euro-fighter, your elements and transitions dont need to be that drawn out, try instead of using a long shallow dive loop entrance a steeper one, it allows you to go to the same height in less space.

The lift as well can be done smooth in only 3 segments, ones for the transition to vertical, one for the vertical section, and one to level out this works for all lifts as well. The supports look okay, but try to stray away from pre-fab supports they make you look lazier more than anything, take the extra time to support.

jokerman

Giga Poster
I can only agree with what's been said by Jer and Xpress. I think the problem is mainly to do with your elements being too drawn out. The train should not manage to only just get round each element, it should do it more comfortably.

Only other thing I would say is that generally, don't have your brake on the up slope of a hill, noormally use them on flat sections, or gentle slopes down.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Brakes can be used anywhere on a track, if you know how to use them.

For example, the brakes on a eurofighter happen to be vertical, so you can use them on any vertical movement of track. The same goes for B&M, Maurer, modern Intamins, and such.

Swarzkopf brakes you can't put on a vertical movement of track, because they are horizontal brakes, but you CAN put them on turns. Swarzkopf often puts theirs on turns.

jokerman

Giga Poster
I don't deny you can use them anywhere. I was simply saying that you rarely see them on an up slope, and that it's far more realsitic for them to be on the downslope.

A

Anonymous

jokerman said:
I don't deny you can use them anywhere. I was simply saying that you rarely see them on an up slope, and that it's far more realsitic for them to be on the downslope.

That had to be done intentonaly for the ride to safely break and not crash into another car.

Now here is a hint of what I been working on :p
90238284.png

Jer

Strata Poster
^Mag brakes are simpler and lighter than friction brakes thus it's easier to place them on an up slope.

Jer

Strata Poster
They may be brakes but the specific brake we are talking about are friction brakes not mag brakes.

A

Anonymous

Like I said It was done intenonaly to make the ride run the way I want it to.
The ride name is Drakin, and some more hints no one got it right, It doesnt go upside down :D

drakin100928192312000.png

drakin101005223828000.png

Jer

Strata Poster
The turn around the second picture looks weird, try banking the top element and at the bottom. It looks like it would be painful at the bottom there. Especially for a B&M.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Looks really painful. Might I suggest trying to build according to how the manufacturer does?

Also, use WAYY more segments than you are using. There should be no more than 10-15m spacing between segments. Also, try banking the turns to achieve a more zeroed out lateral force :)

Hixee said:
Xpress, those brakes are on the down-slope. Unless Mystery Mine now runs backwards:

http://www.rcdb.com/3609.htm?p=18917

:roll:

Wasn't talking about those, I was talking about these:

mmbrakes.png

Of which are on an upslope, and you can clearly see that there are brakes there on the rcdb image.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Haha, and they're barely going to affect the speed that much. There can't be two meters worth of brake on that up slope. I know you'll say "but technically you were right", but I don't really care. The more important point is that those brakes on Mystery Mine cannot, and will not, ever stop the train. The ones on his ride did (probably just before the crest from what I can see), so everything is a bit mixed up.

Uphill brakes, OK, I guess so if they're magnetic, but as a general rule of thumb, try to keep them slightly downhill.

jokerman

Giga Poster
^My point exactly. You can have brakes on an upslope as long as they don't stop the train.

Look at Intamin accelerators, for example. Some of them have brakes on the upslope of their hill, but if those brakes stopped the train, you'd lose the effect of that element.