What's new

Kings Dominion or Canada's Wonderland?

Ben

CF Legend
^Kings Dominion is awful, that's why it gets hate.

Canada's Wonderland is, well, wonderful.

tayloh_

Roller Poster
I've never been to CW, but every time I've gone to KD I've always been satisfied. I enjoy the atmosphere there, and the rides. I'm sure CW has somewhat of the same theme characteristics since both parks were ran by Paramount at one point.

Looking forward to my yearly trip down to Virginia this July to goto KD.

By the way, hey! I'm new here, first post!

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
Theming: Wonderland
Icon: Wonderland
Coasters: Tie
Flats: Wonderland
Shows: Tie
Food: Tie

I prefer Wonderland but KD is not to far off.

steel

Mega Poster
Wonderland beats KD easily.
KD + Busch would beat Wonderland, but Busch is so expensive I would still say get a passport and go to Wonderland. The passport will be good for a whole decade, and it's never a bad idea to have one.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
The only rides I really feel compelled to go back to King's Dominion for are Volcano and I305. Canada's Wonderland couldn't really be much worse, (and in fact a friend of mine told me it was quite good and nothing like an American Cedar Fair park) but if you do go to KD Busch is right next door and BGW is incredible.

CoasterGoddess

Roller Poster
rollermonkey said:
Driver's license and birth certificate still works for land border crossings. By air, you need a full-fledged passport.

Thanks for this info!
I was shocked thinking now we need a passport.
Canada's Wonderland is just north of Toronto, so a road trip will be planned in the next few years up there!
Also, Volcano the Blast Coaster is a bit small, but a very fun and a unique ride. It's at Kings Dominion.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Canada's Wonderland, easily. Leviathan looks soooooo much better than I305, and plus CW has a B&M hyper also.