What's new

iSpeed, Intamin LSM coaster for Mirabilandia in 2009

Snoo

The Legend
Oh yea, way more excited about this than a B&M mega. Although if they have the best invert, they may have not neutered their mega, as almost all are.

Which is why B&M megas are incredibly over hyped and mostly crap.. :p

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
To be honest, I don't care what this park does, as long as it doesn't get rid of Katun.... and that won't happen.

I wish it was in a useful part of Italy. In the south. Where cool **** is. Making a trek to Italy not so pointless.

Martyn H

Hyper Poster
Joey said:
I wish it was in a useful part of Italy. In the south. Where cool **** is. Making a trek to Italy not so pointless.

It really is the most difficult park to get to that I've been to. It's literally in the middle of nowhere.

If they can pull this off well, I think it will be a great addition, but even though the map and name iSpeed, don't indicate much theming, I'm hoping they will or that the ride will be so good it doesn't need it.

A

Anonymous

This is really awesome!
CAn't wait till construction starts...
I wonder when it will open. since they haven't started construction yet, and even, if they would start it right now, they would have a hard time finishing it till the opening of the 2009 season...

BTW, I'm really having trouble getting used to the name...

A

Anonymous

new promotional video of iSpeed

Mirabilandia has released the first promotional video for iSpeed.

The new 2009 Mirabilandia as you know has launched a construction Intamin coaster and its 55 meters high and a vertical drop of 90 will be one of the most adrenaline coaster in Europe and with a theme of impact, as is that of Formula 1 .

The video present a simulation on NoLimits...
In the official site of mirabilandia.it there is the high quality video!

I look 4 inversions see this picture

Beautiful coaster :--D soo coool :signwow:

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Looks great. In NoLimits. CI, we count on you for updates.

Layout-wise, I think this looks great. It could possible snag SpeedMonster's throne as the unquestioned best Accelerator in the universe, and it looks like it's going to give some serious airtime.

TarkaTrax

Mega Poster
^Speed Monster's still safe, this isn't technically an accelerator :p

Looks very interesting, and like it has a lot more substance than most accelerators. I wonder if this will be yet another Intamin ride with only 3 cars per train? I can't remember the last time there was a new Intamin (that's not a pre-fab) with long trains...

divvie_dave

Mega Poster
Wow, this is one of those parks i've just never looked at before... But it looks pretty awesome :)

Along with there other attractions, this looks like it will be a great addition to the park. May have to make a visit me thinks!

Martyn H

Hyper Poster
It looks like a really good coaster from that video. Looks like it should give quite a bit of airtime which was Something the park needed :)

I'll try and get back there in a few years, because I loved it earlier this year and I didn't spend enough time there.

Ben

CF Legend
It could possible snag SpeedMonster's throne as the unquestioned best Accelerator in the universe

LOL... OK hunny... you keep believing SM is the best. Bless.

And this looks fun. Is there actually any reason it isn't an Accelerator?

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^It was a joke, that about the airtime :lol:

Though,SpeedMonster is still easily the best accelerator I've ridden. But I've got the feeling that this will be even better.

A

Anonymous

So, any news on iSpeed?

Oh, and I too believe that SpeedMonster is the best accelerator to date...
Just look at the awesome layout!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Pokemaniac said:
^It was a joke, that about the airtime :lol:

Though,SpeedMonster is still easily the best accelerator I've ridden. But I've got the feeling that this will be even better.

LOL! Is there still time to vote for you for fanboy of the year? :lol:

So, best out of how many you've been on, if you can remind us please? ;)

Erm... Having said that though, SM is the best I've been on too...

The problem I have is that (other than the Norwegian loop), Intamin inversions are generally just a bit pants. After the NL, the best one is the last inversion on SM, and only then because it's utterly forceless and devoid of anything. So it's quite nice. All the other Intamin inversions I've done (in double figures (even taking out the barrel rolls on Colossus) have just been uncomfortable, or lame.

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
How did I miss this thread.... Mirabilandia next year is gonna rule.

Be interesting to see how this compares to F-Heit/Marverick.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
furie said:
So, best out of how many you've been on, if you can remind us please? ;)
One and counting.
furie said:
After the NL, the best one is the last inversion on SM, and only then because it's utterly forceless and devoid of anything.
SpeedMonster has only three inversions. The Norwegian Loop and one corkscrew. Therefore, I'll happily agree that the corkscrew is the best inversion on it, after the Norwegian Loop. But I prefer the S-hills to the corkscrew, to be honest.

Back on iSpeed, I think it looks great. Not too focused on inversions, but including them, and with a tophat. Though, can anyone confirm or deny the speed/height of this? 100 kph isn't going to get you over a 50m tophat, so either the speed or the height must be wrong.

A

Anonymous

Pokemaniac said:
Though, can anyone confirm or deny the speed/height of this? 100 kph isn't going to get you over a 50m tophat, so either the speed or the height must be wrong.
According to screamscape and rcdb the ride will reach a max height of 180ft. The ride is meant to launch to 0-62 mph in 2.2 seconds, one way the ride could reach its full speed of 74.6mph is with a with a second launch on the way up to the tophat? Just a theory screamscape came up with. But the ride looks like a good addition.

A

Anonymous

Well they could build a valley I guess, but I think the idea of a second launch seems better ^^and a lot more thrilling.

Martyn H

Hyper Poster
I can tell you there definitely isn't a valley around and the land is flat in the area.

And the launch thing is quite confusing, and I'm sure when they finally start building it we will figure it out. It better be good though as I missed out on the Sierra Tonante credit because it was being killed, but it gave me an idea of the scale of the area, and it is a rather large.

A

Anonymous

True, it would be easier just build a launch to go over the tower but you never know. In my opinion I think if it did have a launch on the tower that would be pretty fun, straight up and going faster. Sounds like fun to me. But thats just my opinion.