What's new

Homosexuality and Races, your thoughts?

I don't really understand what you're saying. If you're talking about gay pride, it's fine to be proud of your sexuality, but going into gay pride parades and constantly announcing the fact that you're gay is sort of annoying, because straight people don't go around announcing that they're straight all the time.

As for the whole black and proud thing, I TOTALLY agree with you there. In fact, I won't even say much about it because the topic itself pisses me off. For one, I constantly hear black people calling eachother the "N" word, but god forbid a white person EVER said that word in front of them.

Anyways, yeah, that's my opinion.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
I don't really understand what you're saying. If you're talking about gay pride, it's fine to be proud of your sexuality, but going into gay pride parades and constantly announcing the fact that you're gay is sort of annoying, because straight people don't go around announcing that they're straight all the time.

On that note, I'm waiting for the day I see a 'Hetrosexual Pride' night at somewhere like Alton towers.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ormerod said:
LiveForTheLaunch said:

On that note, I'm waiting for the day I see a 'Hetrosexual Pride' night at somewhere like Alton towers.

Why would you? That's just... Everyday... That's the entire point of these 'pride' events surely? It's to make the minority into a majority - in a small space for a small amount of time.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
^ Maybe Gay is a minority sexuality, but still you can't give one without the other.

Its still kind of an issue that because your gay that 'Gay Pride' events make up for all the homophobia that homosexuals recieve. Thats how it looks anyway, again if you try and be overly proud of something like sexuality then it just goes over the top.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Taylor, that's because people in the black community use the word 'nigger' in their own group. Similar to us using the word 'goon' to describe people like Steven. I wouldn't dream of calling anybody outside of CF a goon as tehy make take offense. Just like I'd be offended if anybody not related to CF called a CFer a goon.

And why is nigger the 'n' word? What rubbish.

marc

CF Legend
Before Gay pride is spoken about I think people should look up what its really for, it is not for people to say look at me I am Gay, its not for people to have a party. The meaning of Gay pride was lost alot of years ago which is why I dont go.

Gay pride used to be to remember the people that got killed years ago for protesting Gay rights, they were stoned on the march. Pride was to remember these people who died to fight for what Gay people want and that is equal rights.

Rant over.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
southend_marc said:
The meaning of Gay pride was lost alot of years ago

Thats why I dislike pride. People should be proud of who they are, keep it to themselves and that's about it. The World doesn't need to know your proud to be the race you are, the religion you are, the sexuality you are.

Thats when the sparks really fly.

Richie

Hyper Poster
Ormerod said:
keep it to themselves and that's about it.
Why should gay people feel the need to keep it to themselves though? A lot of straight people are always going on about how "fit" that girl is, or how big her boobs are etc. so why is it different to gay men/women?

Why shoud gay people feel the need to keep it to themselves just to make others happy?

I'm not saying you should rant on about your sex live or make it obvious of your sexuality if you don't want to. But I don't see why gay people should keep their sexuality to themselves when some/most straight people don't.

kimahri

CF Legend
I don't really care about people races, gender or sexuality

So basicallit this post does not contribute to the topic at all

awesome_med.png

Snoo

The Legend
Ian said:
Taylor, that's because people in the black community use the word 'nigger' in their own group. Similar to us using the word 'goon' to describe people like Steven. I wouldn't dream of calling anybody outside of CF a goon as tehy make take offense. Just like I'd be offended if anybody not related to CF called a CFer a goon.

Because the white people who don't like to actually say the word call it the 'N' word.. much like the 'F' word.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Richie said:
Ormerod said:
keep it to themselves and that's about it.
Why should gay people feel the need to keep it to themselves though? A lot of straight people are always going on about how "fit" that girl is, or how big her boobs are etc. so why is it different to gay men/women?

Why shoud gay people feel the need to keep it to themselves just to make others happy?

I'm tying in about the whole ''pride'' issue. I didn't say homosexuals cannot admire people of their fancy but when it comes to the 'Gay and proud' part, its a bit OTT. Its how conflict starts.

You see, its like religion, if people went round shouting 'Christian and proud' or something similar, I know sparks would fly, and it can be seen as a taunt to other religions.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
SnooSnoo said:
Ian said:

Because the white people who don't like to actually say the word call it the 'N' word.. much like the 'F' word.

So if somebody that just so happens to be white skinned says "nigger", is somebody that just so happens to be be black skinned going to be offened?

Error

Strata Poster
I know that I'm not racist or homophobic. The issue is, though, that I grow up in an area that's about 98% white. Yay rednecks...

My own experience deems that it's the personality (as so overused in the topic) that decides the person. At Cedar Point, I've banned white kids, black kids, a guy getting a bit of something from a girl (yes, it DID happen. So avoid Cabin 17 at all costs), and even a few guys that fall under the title "Gansta" from a few rides. At the same time, I've have had very fun people talk to me from all sorts of races. Even some who's english was...interesting.
The worst group I've ever seen was the ironically named "Citizens for Progressive Change": an all black baptist group. There were eventually banned from a total of 32 different rides (speaking to other ride hosts from other rides that day). It had nothing to do with their skin colors, but all about jumping in low zones, jumping out of moving cars, line cutting, ECT. And the only racist guy I worked with was racist against his own skin color. Bit weird...
My 2 cents on the whole matter. Though it doesn't make any sense.

Snoo

The Legend
Ian said:
SnooSnoo said:
Ian said:

So if somebody that just so happens to be white skinned says "nigger", is somebody that just so happens to be be black skinned going to be offened?

Did you not see my YouTube video?? :p

the_missus

Mega Poster
southend_marc said:
Before Gay pride is spoken about I think people should look up what its really for, it is not for people to say look at me I am Gay, its not for people to have a party. The meaning of Gay pride was lost alot of years ago which is why I dont go.

Gay pride used to be to remember the people that got killed years ago for protesting Gay rights, they were stoned on the march. Pride was to remember these people who died to fight for what Gay people want and that is equal rights.

Rant over.

Gay Pride was about standing up against homophobia and being proud of who you were when you weren't allowed to be. When Gay Pride first started, it was not the norm and some were killed and attacked..they stood up for who they were, when faced with such prejudice. Now, I know thats not entirely the case now (even though there is still a high amount of homophobic hate crimes) we have these marches in their memory and to show that their lives were not lost in vain.

Just like how the Suffragette's protested for womens rights and it cost some of them their lives....they should never be forgotten, because without these people we would not have the rights we have today.

I don't like to call it Gay Pride...I just call it Pride. Because I think its a day when everybody regardless of sexuality, race, gender, religon can be together and be proud of who they are.