What's new

Homosexuality and Races, your thoughts?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Erm, if that smilie was black then it would be on topic. It already looks gay.

Actually there's a point, why is racism generally only a black/white thing.

I've called Sam an Irish twat many times and I've told Slayed and Leighton several times that Wales in just a glorified county of England, so why don't they scream racism?

(And no Snoo, I didn't watch the video.)

kimahri

CF Legend
Ian said:
Erm, if that smilie was black then it would be on topic. It already looks gay.

I can get the black version of it if you want. I'd probably be banned fo it though.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
UC said:
I've called Sam an Irish twat many times and I've told Slayed and Leighton several times that Wales in just a glorified county of England, so why don't they scream racism?

Last time I checked, Irish and Welsh aren't races.
I might get shot from raising an old topic from the dead, but I missed this lovely topic when It was circulating.

Race is a dirty word in the first place. Because we can't really cope morally with the consequence of what it means.

A race of human beings is no different to a breed of dog. And that somehow offends people, perhaps because that implies the use of the term mongrel, maybe? But why any mixed race individual wouldn't be proud of being a stronger genetic individual over someone with "pure" blood is beyond me.

Pride for being a pedigree is a little sick. Remember how pedigree pooches are made. Individual races share characteristics for a reason, you're closer related to them genetically. So you're proud of being more inbred than a mixed-race individual? Ew.

Also, with pedigree comes genetic problems. The Jewish community in particular are prone to quite a list of genetic disorders, such as Tay-Sachs.

But back to UC's comment... They are races, especially the Irish. They are separated off more. People by defult are more likley to breed with people from their own country/region. Why do you think there are so many red heads in Ireland and Scotland?

The issue is in defining where the boarder is. There isn't a line to define one race or another, but there isn't a line defining species, either. People seem to think black, white or asian... As if that is... it. And okay, you can place most of the world's people in those groups, but what about native Australians? Before anyone thinks it, they are not black or even closely related to native Africans. (Native Africans seems like a really silly term. Since, er, we are all native africans. But you know what I mean, I hope, and if you don't you're either too religious to care or just stupid.)

So yes, racial pride is not only ridiculous, but actually pretty sick. It implies you like the idea of sleeping with your sister. Really, people with the greatest mix of genetics should be the proudest. I think I just gave Snoo a reason to be more of a jerk, sorry about that.

QWERTYkid911

Roller Poster
The only that really bothers me is that we call "black" people "African Americans". Unless It does sound better than black, but most African Americans are about as African as I am. (I'm white. lol)

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster
SnooSnoo said:
Nationality?

Correct there Snoo!

I'm Welsh and Proud....HAHA...And I have a reason to say this as well. You see being Welsh is like being a minority with a population of just under 3 million and having England connected to us which has a population of 60,943,912 (July 2008 census). However this is not the point what I dislike is English (Most commonly, not always) people coming here and moving in and not even trying to speak the official language of Wales which is Welsh. Then when we tell them they should try, they normally (Not always) shout back saying "Why should we you can all speak English" ....just erugh it annoys me and makes me want to be proud of being Welsh and not English. Now don't take that the wrong way! The only reason I am proud of being Welsh is because I am Welsh, I got born in Wales, I've been taught every subject (except English) in Welsh at every single school and university. I can't change that and for that reason I am proud of being Welsh. It's the same in England or anywhere else you go in the world, it's like phoning a call centre and talking to and Indian/Asian person and you end up either shouting at them thinking they are dumb or putting the phone down, it might sound harsh but it's the TRUTH and everyone is guilty of it, It's not being racist if you can't understand someone talk.

Now this the same thing for gay people. Now I understand that the gay prides were held for remembering the people who were lost fighting for equal rights, and I know that these days It has nothing to do with that - These days they are held for gay people to come together and be who they really are. For many men/women it is the only place they can be themselves without people disagreeing, for me it is... From where I'm from if you're not a farmer then you are gay, and considering for over 100miles there are only about 4 gay bars in that area it's really hard trying to pretend that people are commenting on you, now I'm not camp or OTT I'm just me who happens to be gay and that's what they secretly don't like. From reading the "Gay genetics or choice" subject it shows you that people have different views, mine has nothing to do with genetics..you could call it choice but it was more so bulling. In primary school I used to do gymnastics and the kids bullied me for it calling me names such as "Gymnastic poof" or "gay", before all of that I knew I was straight but they made me question myself more and more everyday for the past 8 years until I had enough and told them all to **** off and leave me alone....did it work? nope...all those years of questioning myself made me wonder if I was gay or not and the conclusion was, yes I was.... Now from my pov, I am proud of being Gay, yes it might have happened randomly but it has happened and nobody can change that now.

When it comes to black/white racism I don't really have a view, just because the colour of their skin is different does not make them any different to us. And that is all I have to say.

Harvey

Hyper Poster
Thing is, in my area non-whites (I'm talking Asian, Africans, Arabs etc) make up just 1% of the population therefore it's rare that I see such a person.

**** me, I'm moving to Chandlers Ford.

Snoo

The Legend
Joey said:
So yes, racial pride is not only ridiculous, but actually pretty sick. It implies you like the idea of sleeping with your sister. Really, people with the greatest mix of genetics should be the proudest. I think I just gave Snoo a reason to be more of a jerk, sorry about that.

What the hell are you on about?

I never realized I was being a jerk simply because I have views contrary to yours. Pardon me for being so naive Joey.

Simply put, I'm proud to have black heritage. I'm proud to have white heritage. I'm proud to be a ****ing human being.

And.. to be honest.. unless you've lived it.. you have no ****ing idea what it is like to be it. You can think you know, you can see the news, read books.. anything.. but until you've been in those shoes, you can just shut the **** up. The day I see you have obscenities, racist remarks, all this **** said at you because the ONLY DIFFERENCE is because your skin color is darker then theirs is the day you can say you understand a person in the minority feels. You can say you've ridden Millennium Force because you've seen it on TV, heard about it from others, look at a POV.. but the DAY that you ride it is when you truly know what it's like. (metaphors are awesome). Hell.. TODAY.. just today.. some random idiots were screaming 'Go back home nigger! We don't want you around here!'.... why? What would compel someone to say something like that? Why can human beings be so god damn retarded.. for no reason at all? And best of all.. why do people think it doesn't exist?

I've never thought of myself as better then someone, worse then someone, or anything because of anything I was born with. I love everyone, no matter the heritage, background, or skin color. It's your personality that defines you. I've always believed that and will carry it on forever.

But to say I'm an idiot because I'm proud of my ethnic background? Joey.. I'm afraid you are the biggest idiot of them all. As I said.. I'm damn proud of where I came from.. but I'm the most proud of just being me.. a human being.. living on this planet.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Snoo, I've not re-read this topic, but I think Joey was actually paying you a complement.

He was calling you a jerk in a friendly way (I think, that's how I read it).

He was just trying to say how much better it is for people of "mixed race" and they're a much better bit of genetics than the rest of us. He was saying you should be proud of it.

However, he did completely miss the entire social side of things, and forgot how dumb the majority of people really are.

At least that's the way I read it :)

Mit DeLuxe - I always used to try and speak Welsh when holidaying in Wales. I think it's rude not to at least make a tiny bit of effort. Sadly, my linguistic skills are very poor. After a few times of having Welsh people laugh in my face at my poor pronunciation attempts and the patronising corrections, I just gave up trying altogether.

I'm not saying everyone in Wales is like that, but certainly 20 years ago there was such disdain towards the English in Anglesey that it just wasn't possible to even make the effort. It was pretty clear you weren't wanted - no matter how much of an effort you made. So you just end up not wanting to try and hold out an olive branch.

Even now, I know roughly how to pronounce words, and I know a few words of Welsh, but I just don't make the effort. Racism is often a two way street ;)

BetaKitten

Mega Poster
It really doesn't matter to me what race/sexuality/religion anyone is...

We're all human whichever way you look at it...

Let people have their events, it's not really doing anyone any harm is it?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Screaming Coasters said:
Well the only good thing Turks ever brought to us is - humus, yogurt, kebabs and taramasalata.

St. George! LOL!

Snoo

The Legend
Furie said:
Snoo, I've not re-read this topic, but I think Joey was actually paying you a complement.

He was just trying to say how much better it is for people of "mixed race" and they're a much better bit of genetics than the rest of us. He was saying you should be proud of it.

However, he did completely miss the entire social side of things, and forgot how dumb the majority of people really are.

I must have read it differently than. If so.. then I'm sorry Joey.. lol

But.. as I said.. I am proud of being me.. and I'm also proud of all the roots which came together to form me.. the black and the white side. But, of course, some people don't look at me as 'having better genetics' rather then 'some mixed nigger.'

Sad state of humanity really. I'm glad everyone I know here doesn't fit that mold, including Mr. Joey. :)

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
SnooSnoo said:
Furie said:

I must have read it differently than. If so.. then I'm sorry Joey.. lol
Yeah. I stopped reading you post and scrolled down to see if somone had pointed out what I meant...

No offence to anyone of some wonderfully inbred gene pool, but the more mixed up the better. Genetically... and I think socially. If you have culturally mixed background you are likley to have a more open minded and learned view of the world.

Pedigree has been seen as best for ...a long time. The concept of ethnic clensing has existed since forever. It makes sense genetically to show more sympathy to people who are more like you (they are more likley to share your genes and you want your genes to live on (subconciously)), but as a species who can see "whats best in the long run" it makes far better sense to produce as varied mix as possible.

It's no fluke that the 100m is dominated by black atheletes. It's a black arse thing, obviously. I wonder what Snoo can be proud of his white side, for, though...

I don't understand the use of "african american". We don't call white americans "european americans". It's stupid. Black. Black works fine, and if it offends anyone then frankly those people "offended" need to **** off and get a life.

A

Anonymous

I have no problem with homosexuality or races. I'm bisexual myself and i'm proud of it! and as for the races I really don't care I let them do what they wanna do