What's new

Home park and proud?

Kebab

Giga Poster
I'd class my home park as Alton Towers, it's a great park, I'm really proud! No park (asides from Pleasure Beach) can beat the unique atmosphere Alton creates. Thus I'm very proud! :)

ava1enzue1a

Mega Poster
Hmmm... I think Michigan's Adventure is the closest theme park near me, but Cedar Point is a very close second, about 50 miles further away. I honestly wouldn't be very proud to call Michigan's Adventure my "home" park, considering its lack of big thrill rides (with one exception - Shivering Timbers), but - OF COURSE I'd definitely be proud to call Cedar Point my "home" park :)

D1993

Hyper Poster
Living in Sydney and having absolutely no parks even close I cant say I really have a home park. I definetly dont consider any of the theme parks in the gold coast as my home parks. I guess technically they are but theyre just so bloody awful in comparison with 95% off all theme parks in the rest of the world. I would probably consider Six Flags Great Adventure to be my home park because I always stay in New York when I visit USA.

thx

Mega Poster
Now (& still for at least a year) it's Gröna Lund and yes I like the park, but I think it lacks a water ride badly and a few good flats, other than that, it's really cool considering how compact it is.

Sam

Giga Poster
I consider Thorpe my home park.... and yeah, I guess it's a decent place to have so close (wouldn't say I'm PROUD of it.... I don't have posters of it on my wall or **** over it or anything like that).... but it's a hell of a lot better than many other theme parks....

Naemuti

Mega Poster
Canobie Lake Park? Hell yeah I'm proud of that.

Six Flags New England on the other hand, next closest thing to a home park for me, and I'd nuke it if it wasn't for Superman, really...

CMR1993

Roller Poster
My home park used to be Kennywood, but now it's Hershey, and working there actually makes it feel like a home!

Raptor

Roller Poster
Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. I guess it's a pretty good park, with cool rides and a nice atmosphere (especially for a Six Flags.)

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
My home park is Canada's Wonderland and i'm proud to call it so. I go at least 3 times every summer and have rode every ride (yes...even the little kiddie ones) at least twice. Unfortunately it is one of only 3 parks in Canada worth anything :( Canada needs more parks! :D

I'd say it has a little bit of everything..tons of coasters, good kids rides, and amazing water park and good (but expensive food). The downside is it has really crappy shows :(

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Snoo said:
Waldameer.. it my baby. <3

Actually, it's probably Conneaut Lake Park, but that's besides the point. :wink:

Cedar Point is 7 minutes away from home. Considering Justin doesn't seem to get on much these days, I guess I take the cake for leading CP fanboy. :roll:

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
My closest park is a 25 minute drive (speed limit of 30mph for most of it) to Flambards, home of the most southernly coaster in the UK, wow. I'm not proud of it although if I really am itching to ride a rollercoaster it's okay.

When I was growing up, my home park was Wicksteed Park, I'm proud of that!

The place I have most childhood memories though is Alton Towers as we went every year, 14 years in a row, atleast once a year.

Brett7710

Mega Poster
Closest Park as the crow flies would be Alton Towers for me, but since it takes so long to get there through all the little villages, I can get to Pleasure Island, Flamingo Land or Lightwater Valley just as quick. I think AT is by far the best although it's expensive without vouchers or a season pass. Not a bit fan of LWV or PI, but FL is a pretty good day out.
I just hope they do actually build coasters at the 'Visions of China' park in the pipeline for Rotherham, no rumours about what kind of attractions they're looking at but a nice GCI coaster in my hometown would be awesome.

Snoo

The Legend
Hyde244 said:
Snoo said:
Waldameer.. it my baby. <3

Actually, it's probably Conneaut Lake Park, but that's besides the point. :wink:

Cedar Point is 7 minutes away from home. Considering Justin doesn't seem to get on much these days, I guess I take the cake for leading CP fanboy. :roll:

It's actually about 1.5 hours from me.. while Waldy is 1:15. Those PA backroads adds some time.

Deltron

Roller Poster
Damn ya'll. I live like 2-3 hours from Dorney, Hershey, and Six Flags NJ and too far from everything else . My pops took me and my two sisters to one of those each summer when I was younger. Good memories.

dkanter69

Roller Poster
My name is David. I consider my home park to be Canobie Lake Park in Salem NH. It is about an hour drive from home. My favorite rides are Yankee Cannonball,Boston Tea Party and the Log Flume. Happy coastering All :--D

JakeC

Roller Poster
I live near 3 parks, Thorpe Park, Chessington World of Adventures and Legoland but i consider Thopre Park to be my home park.