What's new

Home park and proud?

Darren B

Giga Poster
What is your home park? And are you proud to call it so?

I shall start..... Drayton Manor Park, and im certainly proud to call it so. One of the nicest parks in England IMO, It has a good variation of rides from "Britain's Scariest ride" to a fun mixture of childrens rides, And always seems to have a nice atmosphere to boot. :)

steel

Mega Poster
My ho.e park is Adventureland. We got along fine until I worked there. Now I'm not proud...

And when I'm at school, it's technically Mt. Olympus, which makes me even less proud.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I don't really have a home park.

Brean? If it's that then I'm not proud. ;) Never even been, the ****.

Paultons isn't far either, that's a nice enough little park.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Paultons is my home park because it's the closest to where I live. I shave a massive amount of love for the park, mainly sentimental as I spent my childhood there, but I do have a lot of enthusiast affection for it, too.

Although I'd call Thorpe Park my "spiritual" home park as it's only 50 mins away and it's more my cup of tea.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Alton Towers for me... That's a pretty obvious answer then ;)

When I was growing up it was Belle Vue, and that was a **** hole by the time I was aware of it. After that, I think Southport was marginally closer than Blackpool. I probably spent about the same amount of time at both, but Southport I could get to on the cheap using scouse transport, so spent my teen years more there with friends. Used to adore Blackpool though and really cherish trips there. So like Ian, I think Blackpool was more my home park than Southport.

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
Lightwater Valley.

Those of you who have met Ash & Co will know just how friendly the management are. They always make me feel very welcome when I visit, and their support of Valley Mania is second to none. I'm very proud to call them my home park! :)

Oh yeah, they also happen to be home to a really long and awesome rollercoaster...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
I have had 3 'home' parks. Wicksteed Park, Adventure Island and now Lightwater Valley =] But my most visited park as a child was Thorpe Park, so I class that as my home park.

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
Drayton Manor is my home park (and I'm proud to say that). I live less than ten miles away, so visit often. I have a real soft spot for the park, as they do try hard, and have a great selection of rides.

marc

CF Legend
Home park is Adventure Island, and yes I am actually proud of it as its clean well run good staff and a good selection of rides.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
It used to be Thorpe when I was at uni, as I lived right next door.
I've since adopted Chessington as I'm now closer, and it's the park I visit most throughout the year.
Plus it's a million times nicer :D

Martyn B

CF Legend
Technically, Pettitts is the closet park to me, or Wroxham Barns, but neither are real parks to be honest. The closed 'real park' is GYPB, but thats a dump, and Pleasurewood is like 3 miles further, so I happily class that as my home park.

May not be the best, but I've been going there pretty much all my life, so it means a lot to me really.

CMonster

Giga Poster
Seeing as I live about 15 minutes away, Busch Gardens Tampa is my home park, and I'm definitely proud of it. :D

Awesome coaster selection, ect.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I think the closest parks to me right now are Williams Amusements (formally Tir Prince) and Knightley's Amusements. They're both absolutely vile places. I leave all my electrical appliances running 24/7 in the hope that it will contribute to global warming, the melting of the polar ice caps and the ultimate downfall of Rhyl/Towyn to the sea.

Gullivers Warrington is roughly the same distance, but I've never actually been there.

Alton is about 10 miles further than the above mentioned parks, but nowhere near close enough that I'd call it a "home" park at all.

My old home park was Lotte World, which is pretty fab. I was kind of proud of that place, especially the way that they take on so many prototype rides when they could easily just stick generic crap in there and the customer base would still visit in their millions because of the location.

Beans

Hyper Poster
Technically Chessington is closer by 8 miles but I always feel more at home at Thorpe, and that is not just this year it has been for many years. So Thorpe it is...