What's new

Holiday World Legend Upgrade 2016!

Snoo

The Legend
What does it matter what park he mentions? Cedar Point happens to have parallels to this situation.. a bunch of hubub for a meaningless upgrade to a crap ride which will still be crap afterwards.

Lofty

CF Legend
Actually - minus the slight amendment (very slight) to The Legend this is exactly that, it's just maintenance work…

This is as bad as Alton's "New Coaster". It's a crock of **** - but a park has to say SOMETHING to entice it's guests back to visit the same year (although I don't think this will force that many people to feel the need to go back.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Why on earth would they not focus on that vile piece of **** helix? That's the main reason this coaster is so vile to begin with. Honestly, I don't mean to speak for a dead man but I feel like Will would have wanted them to just wait a few years and RMC it if he wanted to do this years in the past. You want to add in a few enthusiast suggestions? That's the way to do it, not fix parts of the ride that aren't broken.

And I really hope they bank that turn they're dropping. They're called the four corners of death for a reason, they really need to kill the laterals. Hopefully they are, though, if they're adding more side bracing to the ride. :?

Ben

CF Legend
owentaylor121 said:
Hyde said:
This almost feels like how Cedar Point declared a large retrack project for Mean Streak a few years back... and then proceeded to conduct the same track reprofile work they do every off-season.
But this a lot more than re-tracking though? I know your a Cedar POINT fan boy and all but do you have to mention the park in almost every post you make?

Don't speak to a moderator like that. Especially when they're right.

Apart from the double down and slight tweak to one of the turns, this IS a simple retracking and actually the Mean Streak work Hyde is referring to is the best similar scenario where a park has overhyped this sort of work.

Hyde might be a Cedar Point fanboy but at least he knows what he's talking about here.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Ben said:
owentaylor121 said:
Hyde said:
This almost feels like how Cedar Point declared a large retrack project for Mean Streak a few years back... and then proceeded to conduct the same track reprofile work they do every off-season.
But this a lot more than re-tracking though? I know your a Cedar POINT fan boy and all but do you have to mention the park in almost every post you make?

Apart from the double down and slight tweak to one of the turns, this IS a simple retracking and actually the Mean Streak work Hyde is referring to is the best similar scenario where a park has overhyped this sort of work.

Hyde might be a Cedar Point fanboy but at least he knows what he's talking about here.
Two new elements and a slightly changed element is NOT the same as a retrack though! This topic has absolutely nothing to do with Cedar Point so I don't understand why it needs to be mentioned, like every other post Hyde makes has something to do with Cedar Point, when most of the time it's irrelevant with topic.

Intricks

Strata Poster
The huge, 2013 mid season shut of Mean Streak was meant slightly enlargen the drop pullout and slightly lower the following two giant corner sof shambling bore to make for a smoother, faster, more airtime filled experience and result in a better ride. Cedar Point hyped a marginal track change that may have just been its yearly maintenance.

This is nearly the exact same thing, except Holiday World is adding in a double down, rather than just lowering a corner.

2012HHNFan

Roller Poster
Jarrett said:
And I really hope they bank that turn they're dropping. They're called the four corners of death for a reason, they really need to kill the laterals. Hopefully they are, though, if they're adding more side bracing to the ride. :?

Not to be devil's advocate :redhotevil: , but the laterals are what pretty much make the ride, without the laterals it doesn't have much going for it in my opinion

Snoo

The Legend
^Those laterals, especially the bad ones, are what make the ride bad IMO. Raven has laterals. Voyage have laterals.. but they both don't kill you with them (Voyage is debateable at times.. lol). This ride is a nightmare tbh, and a simple reprofile/retrack is not going to do anything to change that.

owentaylor121 said:
Ben said:
owentaylor121 said:

Two new elements and a slightly changed element is NOT the same as a retrack though! This topic has absolutely nothing to do with Cedar Point so I don't understand why it needs to be mentioned, like every other post Hyde makes has something to do with Cedar Point, when most of the time it's irrelevant with topic.

I'll just copy and paste what I said before:

What does it matter what park he mentions? Cedar Point happens to have parallels to this situation.. a bunch of hubub for a meaningless upgrade to a crap ride which will still be crap afterwards.

There is nothing wrong bringing up a similar situation you've experienced. That's like comparing two different coasters from two different parks, which I'm damn sure you've done. Why have your stick up your ass about it?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
2012HHNFan said:
Jarrett said:

Not to be devil's advocate :redhotevil: , but the laterals are what pretty much make the ride, without the laterals it doesn't have much going for it in my opinion

Not when they try to kill you! Sure, the laterals do give the ride some personality, but the interaction with Splashin' Safari and the unexpected airtime make it as well.