What's new

Holiday World Legend Upgrade 2016!

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKOS7YE7Vt4&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Whoopty doo! It's Holiday World teasers!

Looks like all 3 woodies are getting some sort of refurb. My guess is retracking and possibly new trains for Voyage and Raven, and a GG refurb of Legend(as the layout was behind John Woodard. Possibly a new inversion? Who knows? We find out sometime in January.

Let the speculation commence!

:color:

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Holiday World 2016 Teasers!

A tunnel for Raven and an inversion on Legend with new PTC I360° trains?!

12239886_10153163757263639_2888642179371905650_n.jpg

Ben

CF Legend

Please take the brakes off Voyage please take the brakes off Voyage.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Ben said:
Please take the brakes off Voyage please take the brakes off Voyage.

I'm afraid that won't happen any time soon. The Koch's have been trying to 'tame' Voyage in recent years. For example, they tried putting Timberliners on it back in 2010, just before Will's death. Now, they fully stop you on the MCBR so the second half is tamer.

It's still a fantastic ride IMO.

Ben

CF Legend

^It wasn't the Kochs who tamed the Voyage, they aren't involved in the running of the park now and they specifically said how disappointed about the trim they were and how Will would never have allowed it when we met them and discussed it.

Sadly it has nothing to do with them anymore, so don't blame the fabulous Kochs. If you've seen Dan talk about getting absolutely everything he can out of a coaster by tweaking everything you'll know he'd never have allowed it.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

^That's some good news. Still won't stop the park from trying to tame it. I do also wish they'd turn the MCBR off, but I have high doubts.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

So this just happened:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Coaster101/status/678274646580400128[/tweet]

Retracking? Inverted drop maybe?

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

My guess for this is that it'll be a slight reprofile that will enable it to run Timberliners. If I'm correct, the whole point of those trains is that they exert less force onto the track, so they might be able to get away with banking parts of it a bit and making it a quality ride. I wouldn't rule out an inverted drop either if they can do one.

I'm guessing this will be a mix between what KBF is doing on Ghostrider and what GG did to Hades 360.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Didnt they announce back in 2011 or 2012 that they wouldnt be putting Timberliners on any of their coasters after the debacle of trying to get Voyage up and running with them?

I would hope for an inverting drop, as Legend has the best drop for it to happen with, but even a basic reprofiling of the turns would make me love the ride ever more. Plys less bruised sides and rib cage annoyance is a major plus! :D

Snoo

The Legend

That would explain why Legend was closed when we visited late this season.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

Jarrett said:
My guess for this is that it'll be a slight reprofile that will enable it to run Timberliners.
I could have sworn that I already posted what they will be doing with Legend :wink: , so no Timberliners.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

^Don't tell us now! Keep it a surprise! It's the one Christmas present I want late.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster

Anyone else slightly scared to see how an inversion with PTC restraints is going to feel? The regular PTC trains aren't 'big guy friendly', so I 'm kind of hesitant to see how this will play out..

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Another video, showing that they got a lot of wood, nails, bolts, etc.

Oh yeah, and a new tunnel. ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEtvfsauxss[/youtube]

Intricks

Strata Poster

So they announced what Legend will be getting, and just who they are working with for (I believe only) this rework.

GCI will be adding in a double down! Yay?

clicky-poo

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJAH0lfejeo[/youtube]

Some notes:

- Voyage is getting thicker, uplift steel on the 2nd and 3rd hill
- all 8 layers of track for 300ft after the triple down is also replaced
- Will had originally wanted to go back an incorporate more ideas from enthusiasts into Legend (which took a hefty sampling from around 200 suggestions)
- Double down that will be after the helix heading towards the station (under the lifthill)
- First drop has had all 8 layers removed and rebuilt, along with more support structure going in
- Turn near Frightful Falls is lowered
- Themed Tunnel is going underneath Frightful Falls

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Aww, they missed the chance for a barrel roll drop. :(

But I am still excited for the new improvements. And yay for double downs! <3

Ben

CF Legend

Yeah, I can't help but feel in 2016 these enhancements are a bit half arsed.

Legend needs more than just a double down to be really good!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

This almost feels like how Cedar Point declared a large retrack project for Mean Streak a few years back... and then proceeded to conduct the same track reprofile work they do every off-season.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Hyde said:
This almost feels like how Cedar Point declared a large retrack project for Mean Streak a few years back... and then proceeded to conduct the same track reprofile work they do every off-season.
But this a lot more than re-tracking though? I know your a Cedar POINT fan boy and all but do you have to mention the park in almost every post you make?