What's new

Have you ever ridden alone?

A

Anonymous

Well, i've never actually had a train to myself, but i rode Top Thrill Dragster without a group, front row. :]

A

Anonymous

Once in a while when I have nothing to do I would go to GADV by myself for a few hours. I also went to Dorney alone once. It doesn't bother me.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
*bump*

In case you haven;t read the CWoA opening day trip report, here are some photos of me riding Kobra, the new disk-o, on my goonsome!

26795_10150144432475360_529160359_11562094_860456_n.jpg

26795_10150144433105360_529160359_11562103_6669239_n.jpg

26795_10150144433130360_529160359_11562108_252761_n.jpg

26795_10150144433135360_529160359_11562109_4924019_n.jpg

26795_10150144433145360_529160359_11562111_5504814_n.jpg

It was a media day and I did say to the other CFers there that I was determined to have a goonsome ride on my one...and I did! Was awesome! Cheers to peep for the pics.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Pretty cool Ian, but I had no idea that is what Jordan meant when she created this topic. I've never been able to ride all alone like that. :lol:

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
Yeah, I have. One of my favourite holidays was going to Spain to do Terra Mitica on my own and I would most definately do it again (not just Terra Mitica haha)

A

Anonymous

yes

I have. Some rides, because of the G-force, are better when riding alone. I'd rather not have a 100+ pound person pushing against my skeleton. I have bruises.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
I think the point of this thread is not "have you ever been in a single rider queue?" but more "have you ever been the only passenger on a coaster train before?"

In either case, the answer for me is yes. I'm sure there are a couple of others, but the only rides I can currently recall having ridden by myself are the Coney Island Cyclone & the wild mouse coasters at Busch Gardens & Kings Dominion. I think I may have ridden Loch Ness Monster alone once, at night.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
A couple times here and there, but riding roller coasters is like sex; its much better with someone else... preferably an attractive female.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
I spent a day at Alton Towers on my own a few years back, and it was quite pleasant actually. It was a quiet day, which helped, but i'd gone with the purpose of taking a load of photos, and for that reason, being on my own was perfect, because I could just get on with doing what I wanted to without worrying that I was holding others up.

Plus, I got a whole Oblivion train to myself! So, I sat right in the corner, just to be weird.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
I did a solo trip to Thorpe last Wednesday. I was getting sick of people saying they would come along then deciding not to, and I'd finally finished all my college work, so I thought "why not?".

I can honestly say I really enjoyed it, even if Stealth's 55min queue was incredibly dull by myself. I found it very relaxing; time to myself, time to think, no people telling me they want to leave early, no being late, just...me and the park. Stayed from 10am 'til 5pm.

Vortex was walk-on, got on Rush straight after (with no one wimping out) and I managed to get front row on all the coasters, and another go on Inferno back row left seat at closing time. Perfect.

Much to my surprise the park was quite busy, odd since I was there on a school day and thought everyone would be at school/college/work. But I still got everything I wanted to done, with the exception of Slammer which broke down when I was queueing for it.

Doing the park alone was a nice experience, but not half as good as with friends. I'd definitely do it again though.

alexdude98

Mega Poster
I always visit a theme park with one or both of my parents. Apart from at school when we visited Chessie for a "stranger danger" role-play activity.

But, I have ridden alone. Three times on Oblivion at Alton Towers - and I'm only 11!

Waffleman

Mega Poster
I had an oblivion car to myself once, because my mum had lost her phone and was looking for it. Also I went on Rita in single rider 3 times while the rest of the family went on it once.

I went through a phase of single riding lots, especially on rides like Spinball where if you queue it has a major impact on your day.

Disney can be good for single riding but if I'm going somewhere new I like to experience it with my family.

herbinator

Mega Poster
I think i have only ridden on my own once and it was nemesis inferno. My family and friends wussed out and thoses that didnt stayed to look after those that did! It was quite good but queing was hell!

I found the people next to me started talking to me as i was ridin alone.
Nice guys :--D

CMonster

Giga Poster
I think once I almost had a train to myself on Gwazi, it was like two people in the front and me in the back or something like that.

alexAVFC96

Roller Poster
No. I always want to ride with someone I know. You could end up with someone really strange. Or you could end up meeting someone but no I like to ride with people I know.

A

Anonymous

caffeine_demon said:
I go on my own a lot too! I enjoy going at my own pace, and doing the rides I want to do..
Very true. I've ridden alone a couple times, and it's ok, but nothing beats having a friend with you.