What's new

Have you ever ridden alone?

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
The only times I've ridden alone,is at tiny parks,and that's just to grab the kiddie coasters.

I've never done the bigger parks/rides alone,don't think I'd like to either.

Lucy

Hyper Poster
I love going to parks on my own - for the last few years I've done solo trips to Alton Towers, Thorpe & others which means you can spend the day doing rides in whatever order you wish :D

But even so I still enjoy going with friends but it makes a change to go on your own - and I do like my own company sometimes :)

I guess it's just down to individual preference - I like both!

Gilly

Roller Poster
I've ridden alone once..... on Stealth! My friend bottled it so I was left on me tod! Sat with a young lad who was crazy about coasters! He was so intent on telling me about Top Thrill Dragster that he didn't stop chatting for the whole 20 odd secs round the track! Bless him!

Pierre

Strata Poster
Gilly said:
I've ridden alone once..... on Stealth! My friend bottled it so I was left on me tod! Sat with a young lad who was crazy about coasters! He was so intent on telling me about Top Thrill Dragster that he didn't stop chatting for the whole 20 odd secs round the track! Bless him!

yay gilly!!

nadroJ

CF Legend
OK, completely contradicting my own first post in this topic, I have now ridden alone!

The Jellikins Coaster at Fantasy Island <3

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I have, but I dislike doing it. Generally, I will only visit a park if I'm with people - I think going to a park is a social thing.

The only two examples I can think of where I went to a park alone are both Thorpe Park.

Once after getting my AP from there in 2005 on my way back from Hastings - I wanted to ride Inferno as it wasn't built the last time I was at Thorpe. So as I had the AP, I thought I'd pop in.

Second time was to ride Saw a few weeks ago, again, passing travelling to Hastings.

I've been on rides on my own though where people haven't wanted to ride. I will also use single rider if people I'm with want to get on a ride but don't really want to queue (generally at AT).

Most of the time though, I'd rather not ride than ride alone.

A

Anonymous

Yep i ride alone alot, actually sometimes i prefer it. My friends enjoy roller coasters and all but aren't enthusiast like I am so they won't want to ride a coaster multiple times, so I'll end up stayin on until I don't feel like ridin anymore and they'll wait for me off to the side. Also on occasion I'll go to a park by myself and just spend sum quality time to myself and the coasters.

A

Anonymous

I have a few times, on trips with friends to Alton Towers. We all did.
It shortens the Spinball Whizzer queue by about 40 minutes.

Ollie

CF Legend
I rode alone on the mine train in Hyde. I went to get a POV and everyone got on the train before me.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Both madrid parks, alton thorpe chessie, wicksteed, great yarmouth, pleasure wood hills, brighton. So yeah XD

DropZone99

Mega Poster
I've never gone to a park by myself, but I've gone with people than for a few hours just go out by myself and do what I want. I personally like going alone most. I can ride what I want, when I want, as much as I want. And if at KI, than DB single rider's line! And also, I have been the only one on a coaster before too. Back in the good ole' days when SOB had it's loop I got a ride by myself on a summer evening probably in 2005. One time just a few months ago it was pouring down rain all night and the next day I was at KI. Nothing was open for ERT, but Drop Zone later opened around 10:30am. The park was covered in fog and was completely empty. Since it was only me, and two other random people riding DZ they had us sit on opposite sides. I faced Eiffel Tower and had an amazing view. I stayed on for about 10 rides before I went and rode something else. I miss that so much, I just wish I would of ridden it more.

STC

Mega Poster
Alton once on my own, which was really boring. Got a lot of ridewhoring done though, including Nemmy 20 times on the same train.

Blackpool once when my brother felt ill, and a few half days at Magic Mountain when my brother just couldn't hack 10 'till 10!

Xpress

Strata Poster
Yes, single rider all the way, except when you need two riders, like on X2.

Single rider also allows you to get on faster :D

weeby

Roller Poster
I don't think I've been on a ride myself, but i have sat on my own or with a random =) I tend to offer to sit on my own cause I don't like the thought of someone on their own :lol: It's rather banterful!