What's new

Have You Ever Been Evacuated?!

Ben

CF Legend
Also, how do they evac inverts and floorless coasters from the lift or brakes? Is there some kind of platform they place above the track so people can walk off?

Lol, good times.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I've been on many stuck rides and coasters.. But I've only been walked off one coaster and 2 log flumes.

The coaster was the Hurricane at MBP, on its last public ride EVER.
image00347hk3.jpg

Or you can see "POV" of it at the end of this video.
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=miGBDnysDhI[/youtube]

Lucy

Hyper Poster
I had to be evacuated from Vortex at Thorpe when the floor got stuck at an angle and it didn't open for the rest of the day.

Also had three failed launches on Stealth, which is peculiar but also interesting and watched an evacuation of Nemesis last year when it got stuck on the lift hill due to a power cut.

Jools

Giga Poster
The only flats that I've ever been stuck on are Spin Doctor (COLD!) and Hornet's Nest, LWV

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Lucy said:
Also had three failed launches on Stealth, which is peculiar but also interesting

I saw failed launch of stealth right at the end of the day, so they closed it, and i had been on the train before, so i got last ride of the day!

scotlandrulz

Roller Poster
Yes, on Baco.

Me and my dad were on it, pre-show ran, professor fell into wine on screens, and the screens just went blank. They disengaged the brakes, and catch car, and rolled us back into station. We got off, they sent 1 train round, then we got back on. I have a feeling a failsafe kicked in because someone's restraint was not working properly, as they checked all the restraints.

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
There was a fire drill on the Hulk (IOA). We all had to get out of the line. Too bad; we were only five minutes from being able to ride. That's ok; we rode twice about two months later.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Only thing I've been evacuated off of was a Master Blaster waterslide at Cedar Point's indoor water park, Castaway Bay. Once I had reached the second launch the entire system failed, meaning all water had ceased flowing and I landed right on the second launch.

The thing with water slide evacuation procedure is that you have to walk (more like crawl) down the rest of the slide, rather than get off at the catwalk platforms.

Being the 6'3" guy I am, I was more than happy to crawl through the 5' enclosed tubing! :razz:

Coaster_Dude

Roller Poster
tarion896 said:
Also, how do they evac inverts and floorless coasters from the lift or brakes? Is there some kind of platform they place above the track so people can walk off?

I know Nemesis has some little sets of steps that they can put in place under cars, not sure how they do it on the lift.

I've never been evac'd on a ride although once on Dragon Kahn they loaded us, unloaded us and the other two trains were on the lift and MCBR, they sent an empty train round and that was it. Nothing too exciting.

I do remember being on a Mini Apple ride at Camelot when I was much younger and I reckon the brakes failed partially as they kept sending us round and round until they had a few burly blokes to stop the train by hand.

A

Anonymous

like a few people here, i've been evacuated from valhalla just next to the waterfall. it was pretty cool walking through the building, a bit slippy though.

not quite a evacuation but i did was on spiderman when it kinda screwed up. we got to a few of the screens which didn't work but the effects such as the water and electrical sparks were fine which must have been a bit strange and annoying if it was anyone's first ride of it.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
I've never been evacuated from a ride, but I was stuck on the second lift of Loch Ness Monster for about 20 minutes once. That kind of sucked because it was fairly hot out.

But the worst I've ever seen in real life is when I was at Kings Dominion last summer and Hypersonic XLC got stuck on the way up the top hat. I have no idea what caused it to happen, but the brakes on the way up the lift brought the car to a complete stop and the riders were stuck in that position for at least half an hour! Imagine sitting vertically, facing straight up into the sun for that long... that bites.

Nic

Strata Poster
Nothing too exciting...

At Universal Hollywood in August, we queued for aaaages to go on the Mummy. We got on, sat down, restraints on... then it broke down. After a few minutes, they released the restraints manually, kicked us off and gave us a couple of priority passes.

On Oblivion on Good Friday, we'd just been loaded, then an almighty hail storm started just as the train was about to leave the station. They made us get off, wait outside the station until the hail stopped, then we got back on.

Also got stuck for a few minutes coming round the last corner into the platform on Stealth on Easter Sunday.

I wasn't on it, but I watched G-force valley, get evacuated and be reset on the Saturday over the Easter weekend. We were due to have been on the next run, so only just missed it.

I also remember getting stopped for about 10 mins on the lift hill of the Vampire when I was a kid. It started snowing, so me and my cousin had a competition to see who could catch the most snowflakes on their tongue. Helped pass the time at least.

I definitely agree with the comments about Thorpe being good for getting passes etc. We got exit passes for Inferno one day just for hanging around in the queue during a break down. We hadn't even been waiting that long. We also got park evac tickets one day last season, as there was a power failure which caused loads of the rides to close early.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
I've been evacuated from Valhalla and Duel, both in 2006.

I have witnessed two Nemesis evac's, they both happened last year.

A

Anonymous

Evacuated Twice

Hey, i have been evacuated twice! First time was on the old Dragon Falls at Chessington... lol the boat got to the bottom of the last hill, Started going up fine, There was no water at the top so we all had to get out and walk back around it... Second time was on Space Mountain in Orlando... After you board it has that strange tunnel bit before the lift... It stalled just on the corner before the lift... An attendant came down after about 30 mins and said they could not start it up again and we all had to leave.

xsupaxmanx

Roller Poster
Ya I guess it was kind of cool. It was on rthe Jurassic Park boat ride at Universal Studios Hollywood. We stopped right before you go down the big drop and all of the sahow elements were stopped a few minutes later and an employe came up. We went though a door and walked down some stairs next to the building. We didn't walk down through any other part of the ride though. =(

Ollie

CF Legend
I've only been evacuated once, and that was on the 'Ghost Train' at Blackpool Pleasure Beach.
We all decided to go on our own carriage (four of us). Anyway most of the ride was going fine. I went down the drop, and around the second turnaround, and as my carriage entered the building (into the room with the giant spider and collapsing bookcase) I hit the train in front.
Once my eyes got adjusted to the darkness I could see that there were about 7 carriages in front of me and about 4 came in behind me. Everytime a new car came in it crashed into the one in front causing everyone to moan.
People then started to have panic attacks a few cars ahead. Then came the smell. It smelt like a hot Scalectric motor exept the smell was really strong. The front carriage was empty (I don't know why). Then after about 5 minutes the lights came on and a siren started going. We decided to wait and see if a ride op would come up. 5 minutes later people in the carriges in front were getting out and walking along the tracks. We decided to join them and everyone else got out and walked through the rest of the upper level and down the ramp onto the station.
We didn't get any priority passes or anything. But I found it really exiting as I had always wanted to be evacuated from a ride and have had lots of near misses with it happening either to the train in front or behind.

So yeah, that's my exiting story. :lol:

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
I haven't been evacuated off anything but I have done alot of evacuations myself working at Chessington. Vampire, Dragons Fury, Dragon Falls, Tomb Blaster, Rattle Snake, Runaway Train and the o' mighty Bubble Works (which is the most horrible thing ever, people want to punch you on that ride)

A

Anonymous

Evacuated on Master Blaster at Alton, fell off the tube backwards and did a backwards roll. Had to wear some special shoes and stuff. The guy that came and "rescued" me did a tuck jump down the first drop and as soon as he got to the bottom, sprang up into a standing position. That was impressive.