What's new

Harry Potter @ IOA Updates:

coasterboy

Mega Poster
I've heard some news about what will go into the Hogwarts Castle.

7/5/07) Screamscape has heard a rumor claiming that Universal Creative may be working with Creative Kingdoms to create a Harry Potter themed interactive adventure based on their MagiQuest adventure system where players buy and create their own magic wands to take with them on a never ending adventure (video promo). This certainly seems like it would be a perfect fit with the Harry Potter crowd with plenty of retail opportunities and would encourage return visits and would be a perfect fit for an attraction build inside the Hogwarts Castle structure. Currently there is a MagiQuest stand alone facility in Myrtle Beach, SC as well as several installations built within a growing number of the Great Wolf Lodge indoor waterpark resorts

Also, rumors claim that there will be new technology that will make things appear and then vanish. Imagine a ghost popping up in front of you!

nadroJ

CF Legend
the new harry potter theme park is going to be built in walt disneyworld in florida

Actually if you read the topic you'll realise it's going to be built in Universal IoA =D

And the wand adventure thing seems like a cool idea. I hope they incorporate some of the shops in the books too, like the joke shop and the sweet shop. that'd be amazing.

coasterboy

Mega Poster
I hope they incorporate some of the shops in the books too, like the joke shop and the sweet shop. that'd be amazing.

Err... They ARE doing the sweet shop, as well as Ollivaders[ to get the special wands], Three Broomsticks Resturant, Hogs Head and others.

A

Anonymous

So, is it likely that this wand idea is the "state of the art new attraction," or is the idea of the robo coaster still out there? Either one would be pretty cool.

Of course, if they do the interactive wand attraction, that's got "overpriced" written all over it. I have a feeling those wands wouldn't be cheap. But, if they make it truly exciting and interactive, it might be worth it.

nadroJ

CF Legend
^Lol.

So has it been confirmed what rides or attractions are being removed for this? Or will it sort of blend in and out of medieval/sinbad type area/poseidon thing?

Mark

Strata Poster
Well granted no ground work would have begun yet I did notice a few tihngs whilst I was there last month.

When at the top of DD lift hill you can see over the great big boundary fence they have and it does look like land clearance was happening. Don't get me wrong though I am not saying it was clearance OR that is where HP is going.

BUT: It would be feasible to put it there and have DD added to the line up and have the surrounding woods (leading in from Jurrassic Park) themed as the forbidden forest?

bagel

Roller Poster
Regards what's happening to the Lost Continent...I think the latest plans people are guessing are:
- 'shrink' lost continent in to just Poseidon and Mythos.
- Make Duelling Dragons part of Hogwarts. It's already being repainted a nice brown colour : http://www.screamscape.com/html/ioa_-_h ... ter_0.html
- Put a new show in Sinbad, or knock it down for a new attraction
- Build lots of stuff in the land between Jurassic Park and Unicorn. Rumoured to be where Hogwarts is going. And maybe behind Sinbad too?

I'm not a big Harry Potter fan (I've seen a couple of the films), however, a project of this scale is pretty interesting and I want to see what Universal can do here!

A

Anonymous

I'm glad to know that Poseidon's Fury might not get axed. I kinda like that attraction. It's fun, and a nice addition to the ride lineup. However I do find it interesting that they're going to keep a Lost Continent area, for it will undoubtedly be rather diminutive.

I wonder how they're going to integrate DD into the HP theme. I'm guessing they're going to theme it to the Triwizard tournament, with the dragons and all that, but will they change the exterior of the castle? If they're following the books, a ruined castle doesn't really fit with the triwizard tournement idea. Maybe, as I hope, they'll come up with some new story set in the HP universe to go with the DD re-theme, where dragons inhabit some old castle in the forbidden forest or whatnot.

Lofty

CF Legend
the uk needs more ideas like this!

Really, you haven't heard about the huge POTC themepark next to their's? Sorry, I couldn't resist!

If they did retheme DD though would that mean a whole new name change and such? If so... do you think that they would brand it as a 'new ride'?

nadroJ

CF Legend
^ I very much doubt they'll change much in DD, seeing as how elaborate it is and stuff. Well hopefully they won't anyway.

SO basically now the Lost Continent is a split of Harry Potter and the poseidony sort of area at the entrance after Seuss? Suppose that's a good thing, they're keep the maximum amount of attractions open to try and keep people happy. I'm sure, even though I never liked it much, that a lot of you would be disappointed if Poseidons thing got closed, seems quite popular on here actually.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
A construction update.

Some of the castle has been built.

Harrypotter1.jpg

Not a large update, but at least it's ongoing.

<b>Source:</b>
http://www.screamscape.com/html/islands ... enture.htm

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I have missd something here, those castles look nothing like Harry Potter castles?

nadroj123 said:
I very much doubt they'll change much in DD
I really hope they don't change it, if the do I will be very dissapointed.

coasterboy

Mega Poster
A bit of an update about the unknown Kuka ride.

When the project was first rumored, it was expected that there would be a dark-thrill ride themed to a Flying car using a Kuka arm. Now, the recent idea is that it may not be a Flying Car ride after all. It is more likely to be a broom or Quiddich themed ride. To back this up, one person sent a rumors to Screamscape that he saw a Kuka arm surrounded by screens playing flying broom footage. Also, Universal have signed a deal with Magic Carpet, a company who makes ski-lifts. So this could be a whole different theme than expected. :--D

A

Anonymous

Universal complain that they are loosing customers... well they had it coming, since Dueling dragons wud probably be shut during the construction of harry potter... Most of the enthusiasts across the world, go to IOA to experiance the worlds first inverted dueling coaster, and now that no1 can go on it because of stupid harry potter... Its a shame, a real shame

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Yes, but the long term benifits may outweigh the losses short term...

A

Anonymous

^hmmm yea i guess so.. but i think its still going to be such a shame to not so mch loose dueling dragons cause its still gna be ther.. bt i think they r taking a huge risk in rethemeing it.. Whatever it turns into, mite not b as sucsessful as Dueling Dragons.