What's new

Harry Potter @ IOA Updates:

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Well considering the main rumours are that the Kumbak Robotic Arm would be the main attraction, it being themed to the Ford Anglia doesn't sound too iffy, be interesting that would...

Tbh, this WHOLE thing will be interesting, mainly for DD though...

Ace, if you don't mind, could you post a link to that photo or something, as I can't see it and I would really like to!

Anyhow, I'd hate to see Dueling Dragons get a retheme, as it looks amazing the way it is. However, I'm not going to get too bummed too quickly, as there is a lot they could do with a Harry Potter theme.

Ron's flying car ride thing sounds interesting as well.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Re-themeing DD?

Wouldn't be extremely cost and time extensive?

I mean, the tracks could possibly need re-painting, the queue's (which I understand to be quite large) need to be re themed, as well as the train housing and colours etc....

It seem's a bit much to be honest.

I mean, the tracks could possibly need re-painting, the queue's (which I understand to be quite large) need to be re themed, as well as the train housing and colours etc....

It seem's a bit much to be honest.

Yeah it does seem like a bit much, but I don't think the track would really need to be repainted. It wouldn't look too bad, and perhaps they could just replace the dragons at the entrance with monsters from a Harry Potter film or something. Eh, that's just an idea, but whatever.

It does seem a lot, but it's possible.

Smithy

Strata Poster
For sure, I'm not saying it's impossible, just stating it's a substantial workload.

It all depends on a re-theme, but it would be very unlikely that they would do so to a Harry Potter theme, which for the most part will be dark coloured (I'm guessing), and keep a bright red and baby blue ride in the middle.

A

Anonymous

But the queue for Duelling Dragons is really good. Are they gonna have to change all that for a few waving Hermione dolls?

Patrick

Hyper Poster
I wouldn't want to see DD rethemed, They have the coolest trains on an invert, And I want them to stay how they are.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
If DD is rethemed, it won't need too much extra, as there are dragons in Potter anyhows....
Just take some of the stuff that's unsuitable, namely the knights, and replace with a new story background...

But we'll have to see...

themepark_sonic

Roller Poster
DD retheme sounds alright. I think the retheme will be based around the 1st task in the Goblet of fire.

Ron's Flying Car sounds interesting as well. What could it be?

jonnyrocks

Mega Poster
if they do re-theme DD, I'd like them to do soemthing around the track, as that bits really bare, and a bit of a let-down after the queue. The trains could be easily be themed to 'Harry Vs. Dragon' though, so that would be quite cool.

Stone Cold

Mega Poster
The flying Ford Anglia would suit a Robocoaster reasonably well, but there were talks of a Hogwarts Express theme ride, which to me, says rollercoaster and not robocoaster.

Incidentally, I think the robocoaster rumours have only surfaced because of Universal owning the rights. I think that the Robocoaster would be much better suited to USF. Also, considering the old BTTF, a clever cannibalisation of that building would allow for a good few robocoasters to built in that building without the need for a whole new building. Simpson's Robocoaster, it might work.

As for a DD retheme, if they did that, then what exactly would LC have left, I can't see a DD re-theme happening unless LC is lost. However, there is some space around the back of DD which they might try and use somehow, this would mean themeing a few of the sheds and stuff that DD uses.

Jake

Strata Poster
Ron's Flying Car sounds interesting as well. What could it be

I would have said a Simulator or a Magic Carpet, but neither sound like a decent "centerpeice"...

Well, the Simulator could be (i.e mission space), but I've read that they don't have much room?

Mark

Strata Poster
Thank you very very much for that read UC. Was highly interesting and is also a very reasonable argument.

Since the land they can use is not huge a retheme makes most sense and therefore DD would essentially become the centre piece RIDE of the area.

Bear in mind though, who said anything about a ride being the centrepiece. Disney have never had a ride as their centrepiece or their main attraction. It has always been the much loved castle.

There is no reason why the Hogwarts building oculdn't be the main centre piece for the Harry Potter land.

Mark

Strata Poster
Centrepiece off to one side though tehe. Apologies, jsut being pedantic and daft there.

But yeah, that is a reasonable point indeed.

I forgot about the whole robocoaster thing. Could work wonders with the Harry Potter stuff actually.

Could be a ride based around the curses in the latest books or something, like Advra kedvra. In the sense that they throw you about a bit.

bagel

Roller Poster
What I'd love to see happen is Lost continent to be left as it is and Harry Potter World built behind it.

It would work with the land they have, an there's a parking lot behind Duelling Dragons/Sinbad that's at least the size of Lost Continent. Take a look at google maps:

[I can't post links, search for universal studios orlando on google maps]

I'm keeping my hopes up, as it fits with all the 'official' announcements of only taking part of lost continent and using undeveloped land.

My hopes are they'll leave Duelling Dragons and Poseidon as they are, and knock down Sinbad to make an entry point to the Harry Potter island. Of course, the spanner with this is there's only one way in and out, and will create a very busy street. But that kinda works for Animal Kingdom and will create a great atmosphere...or they could build a Hogwarts Express from elsewhere in the park to ease traffic (from behind flying Unicorn?)

Anyway, I guess Jim Hill's ideas are probably based on fact, but this way would keep me happy as I love the Duelling Dragons queue line!

A

Anonymous

That looks like it would be cool if they could pull it off. That plan does look like it would be hard to duplicate. I wonder if any roller coasters will be built with it. Does anyone know???

themepark_sonic

Roller Poster
Jake said:
Ron's Flying Car sounds interesting as well. What could it be

I would have said a Simulator or a Magic Carpet, but neither sound like a decent "centerpeice"...

Well, the Simulator could be (i.e mission space), but I've read that they don't have much room?

I think it could be a dark ride, like Peter Pans flight but thrilling. That could be nice centerpeice.

A

Anonymous

Simulator? I seriously doubt that. I know we're discussing rumors, but that sounds a bit far fetched. The most likely rumor to actually become an attraction is the robocoaster. With the little space IOA has to work with, I don't like this idea. If they do end up building a robocoaster, it will be a small layout and nothing mind blowing. Everyone has to keep in mind the lack of space in IOA. I don't think they will waste their money/space on a trivial simulator. But who knows, rumors are still flying around at this point in time.