What's new

Happy Valley Shanghai | Family Inverted Coaster | B&M Invert

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
There's very little information at the moment, but I just saw this on RCDB:

http://rcdb.com/6712.htm

My guess is that it will be a Vekoma SLC, and that it will be the "Kumali" layout, probably with the extra helix, since Happy Valley originated that layout and has a few of them in their other parks.

Personally, I hope they go with something different though, as I hate that layout of SLC. Fingers crossed for a B&M, though I think that's unlikely. While some of their parks have some more unique coasters, Happy Valley really do like to clone their rides.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Re: Inverted Coaster for Happy Valley Shanghai in 2014

^ It says that it is going to family orientated. Maybe a Vekoma SFC or a new Golden Horse version :) .

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^I missed the "family" tag. If that's the case, then I think we're definitely looking at a Vekoma SFC.

Golden Horse is a possibility, but not a strong one, with Happy Valley. They've installed a fair few of their spinners and a few kiddy coasters, but they usually tend to go with European manufacturers.

I'm not sure if Golden Horse, or any other of the Chinese rip-off merchants, has branched into SFCs yet, though I'm sure they would if they were asked.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

Pretty sure its a Vekoma SFC. The Happy Valley parks seem to have always gone with Vekoma when it comes to their SLC's. A few images appeared on this Chinese Forum http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2618483481

01380dd7912397dde0de69335b82b2b7d0a28766.jpg

3adf8cb1cb134954674b1153544e9258d1094ab4.jpg

Not sure if its just a fan made No Limits but the guy who posted it on there also posts here so I'm sure we will find out.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

Well, this has come as a bit of a surprise, but this is actually going to come from B&M.

Yep, you read that right: B&M family coaster.

Da fuq?!

http://rcdb.com/6712.htm

It's under construction already, so I'll move the topic a bit later so it doesn't get lost right now. It's due to open sometime this year.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Whelp....it seems like B&M are just going to take over all the markets now, eh?

Hahahahahahahahaha! So now people cant complain about this ride being forceless.

Hutch

Strata Poster

B&M Inverted Family Coaster?

Interesting, interesting.....

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Re: B&M Family Inverted Coaster for Happy Valley Shanghai

Personally I really like the idea of B&M starting to make family coasters. If you look at how many rides B&M builds in a year, and then look at how many family coasters that are built in a year, it only makes sense. They are probably going to be priced much more reasonable compared to the competitions ride, compared to their bigger rides.

This might be the track for it:
image_3171.jpg

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=66910

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

This seems really odd. I can understand B&M doing a family coaster. But why would they rip off a Vekoma layout? Why not make It stand out?

Intricks

Strata Poster

Maybe the park wanted that specific layout?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

Yeah I'm sure they did and I'm sure B&M would build it if asked.. But it still seems a little odd.

Maybe Happy Valley and Vekoma fell out. The first 3 parks in Shenzhen, Chengdu and Beijing all have Vekoma rides. But none of the latest three do Shanghai, Wuhan and Tianjin. Just speculation but you never know.

elephant58

Hyper Poster

I'm wondering.....will the seats be 2-across or 4-across.

I'm guessing the latter.

peep

CF Legend

According to rcdb it'll have 2-across seats and not 4. I suppose it's best to wait for confirmation in the form of photographic evidence though.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

the king

Mega Poster

If this coaster does indeed have a new train design, I wonder if the restraints will be different like Banshees. It will be interesting to see what comes out of this.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster

Quite odd to be B&M. Yet quite interesting. Probably new experiment?

Lofty

CF Legend

I'm actually happy that B&M are moving into other fields that isn't their usual speciality. More B&M's to the world is only a good thing.