What's new

Happy Valley Shanghai | Family Inverted Coaster | B&M Invert

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Re: Happy Valley Shanghai | Family Inverted Coaster | B&M In

b28fmMn.jpg

its possible i'm misinterpreting this image. There looks to be a split there. but are they just moving a new row onto the train?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Could it be the typical B&M way of 'trailering' the front two cars of the train? With those two being separated for some reason in this picture.

BBH

Giga Poster

B&M do usually (Alpengeist and the hypers and sit downs are notable exceptions) put seats on their zero car, which only articulates across the z-axis, ie. responds to changes in banking. As the cars are one entity, I can imagine that they would be installed differently and separately than the other parts of the train.

Posted while reading your mind.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

BBH said:
B&M do usually (Alpengeist and the hypers and sit downs are notable exceptions) put seats on their zero car, which only articulates across the z-axis, ie. responds to changes in banking. As the cars are one entity, I can imagine that they would be installed differently and separately than the other parts of the train.

Posted while reading your mind.
Zero-car! The word was escaping me last night. :D

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

I give it 18 months before we see a Golden Horse copy of this. I'll bet they're also working on some kind of air launch right now as well. I'm 100% convinced that Happy Valley have some kind of deal with them to give them access to their coasters.

The other knockoff companies are far less precise with their knockoffs, which suggests they're going from photos, videos, general ride concepts etc. The only time Golden Horse's knockoffs aren't exact copies is when the coaster type doesn't exist locally (their knockoff water coasters for example).

Somebody has to be giving them access to the originals, and that surely has to be Happy Valley.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

Rode this in October and its pretty cool. Much like the Vekoma but feels a bit more lively. Although the helix is less intense.

Theres a trip report and a ton of pics here. http://www.vhcoasters.com/?p=3030
But heres a selection

IMG_9269-small1.jpg

IMG_9280-small1.jpg

IMG_9276-small1.jpg

IMG_9290-small1.jpg

IMG_9306-small1.jpg

IMG_9326-small1.jpg

IMG_9368-small1.jpg

IMG_9367-small1.jpg

IMG_9315-small1.jpg

IMG_9277-small1.jpg

It should probably be removed from sticky though as it's been open a while

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I think it looks ace! :p Thanks for sharing your thoughts and pictures.

And I'll un-sticky this now.