Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Update from GG's Twitter:

BKPb4EJCAAAr2tJ.jpg

Hoping this will be open in a few weeks during my trip. :D

Lofty

CF Legend
I love the angles from underneath, it makes it look like such a lengthy inversion. I'm looking forward to seeing it in action.

reddude333

Giga Poster
The supports look almost scant in the middle...such a contrast from the rest of the structure. I think I like it :p

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Nemesis of oblivion said:
Shame it's not getting the attention Outlaw Run and Iron Rattler is.
Well, Outlaw Run is 100% new... Iron Rattler might as well be too, Hades is 8 years old... and even with the roll, it won't be the highlight of the ride. Mt.O is also pretty rough and not such a great place to be at... Unlike SDC, a fantastic park....(and SFFT is pretty nice too)

IntaminToWin

Mega Poster
Looks solid. Shame it's not getting the attention Outlaw Run and Iron Rattler is.
New rides in general seem to get a lot more attention than renovations or additions, no matter how cool they may be. I think this deserves more attention too, though.

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
Looks solid. Shame it's not getting the attention Outlaw Run and Iron Rattler is.
It's at Mount Olympus, if you don't ride it within a month of it's first test run it will literally try to give you a spinal tap and brain hemorrhage at the same time, not to mention that it's supposed to be running Timberliners which are still not running on Voyage, even after 5 years.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Here's the full POV:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-g4JAlbod8[/youtube]

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'll be up at Mt Olympus on Saturday checking this out. I'll be sure to let you know what I think.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
From the video it seems like the train rotates at a very comfortable speed. I don't know whether it'll improve the ride any, but the turnaround will surely freshen up the ride at least. Now they just need to lower that hill next to the lift...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
OK, here's my thoughts. It's taken me a while to write them up. First, the Timberliners:
970660_660515853965612_284374430_n.jpg

I didn't like them. I hadn't ridden Hades with the old trains, but it felt very VERY bumpy. The bottom of the first drop was awful, and the restraints tightened from the bouncing to the point of being painful. The seats themselves are comfortable enough, but the steel wheels are really rough. Like I said, to the point of them being unpleasant. Now to give them the benefit of the doubt, I had heard bad things about Hades before, but I was hoping that the new trains would at least be some improvement. It will be interesting to see how they ride on The Voyage, but I'm not hopeful.
8868_660515887298942_1591501772_n.jpg

So now onto the inversion:
7270_660515907298940_1959437428_n.jpg

I'll give them one thing - it looks pretty great. Anyone that's been to Mt Olympus will know that the drive into the park wraps right around the trojan horse, and around the part of Hades that pops into the parking lot. It looks brilliant - with a great twisted mess of track of supports.

As for on ride (ignoring the train problems I spoke about above), the inversion is a lot of fun. You come flying out of the tunnel and straight into the inversion. It's fast, it's smooth, it's noticeable, it's fun. After the inversion there's an overbanked turn, before heading back into the tunnel. Overall the upgrade is good, but Hades is still a rough ride and I don't know how much the Timberliners have done for that - be it good or bad.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Everyone keeps banging on about how amazing the timberliners will be on Voyage. I'm glad someone else has actually ridden one now and agrees with me that they're awful.

While Gronalund's Twister was smooth, the restraints on the train were far too restrictive and stapled you into the ride. They're like X-car restraints, which is entirely unsuitable for a wooden coaster.

They're going to ruin The Voyage. No ifs or buts; it'll be destroyed.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
It's been quite a while since I've been on Hades - eight years to be exact. I didn't think it was a sheet of glass, but by no means was it a rough ride. Everybody's been saying that it's been getting worse, which is not good at all.

As far as the Timberliners go, it seems like the only issues that I've heard are with the restraints. It would be interesting to see what the locking mechanism looks like on the inside of that housing to see if they have any device that resists the restraint from closing further.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Ehh, Hades has been rough since day one. I got to ride it within weeks of its opening back in 2005, as well as last summer... And I've also had then chance to ride Timberliners, on Wooden Warrior. (Where they seemed to work just find) but I did find the lapbar to be pretty bulky, much like the MS X-Car lapbar (that did get increasingly tighter as the rides progressed until the point of pain.... G-Force, Abismo... But not as much on Rockit.)

It should also be worth noting that Mt.O is a dump.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
CanobieFan said:
much like the MS X-Car lapbar (that did get increasingly tighter as the rides progressed until the point of pain.... G-Force, Abismo... But not as much on Rockit.)

That's weird, they definitely tightened on gforce and abismo, but i felt that HRRR was the only one where the lap bars did not tighten