What's new

Grona Lund | StarFlyer

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Re: Grona Lund 2013 - StarFlyer?

I hope the park does get a VJB, Ben 10 is a great little coaster and with some good theming im sure this coaster would be great for the park.

Martyn B

CF Legend

561592_10151048343430667_1634555557_n.jpg

Obviously I don't know any specific details, but on first glance, I can imagine one of them Junior Boomerangs in that plot.

But on the other hand I can't see why they would want a Junior Boomerang. Their recent coaster additions have all been fairly different (suspended, wooden, 4th dimension), so why go for anther sit down coaster (already have 2 in that picture), yeah they go backwards, but they still don't really do much.

Lofty

CF Legend

CoasterCrazy said:
^I never claimed to be. But evidently, Swedish Park planners themselves have approved the design, including spacial requirements, otherwise rcdb wouldn't have added the record.

http://rcdb.com/11255.htm
Yes, because RCDB have NEVER got anything wrong...

Lofty

CF Legend

Yeah, I know, they're extremely reliable, but, I'm just stating that just because it's on a website, doesn't mean it's 100% factually correct information.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

^All true...therefore rather the fault of rcdb. I merely introduced the point.

Who's to prevent this from being a custom Junior boomerang? When we talk about "fairly different" coasters, perhaps it might interact with a certain theming or terrain element?

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

^All true...therefore rather the fault of rcdb. I merely introduced the point.

Who's to prevent this from being a custom Junior boomerang? When we talk about "fairly different" coasters, perhaps it might interact with a certain theming or terrain element?

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Re: Grona Lund | "Unknown" | StarFlyer

Lofty said:
How disgusting. They're the WORST creations ever.

So pointless and gimmicky. I rode the one at Holiday Park and it was fun for the first 15 seconds. Then I wanted to get off, not because I was scared but because there were more exciting things to do, like sitting on a bench or riding Superwirbel.

Lofty

CF Legend

oriolat2 said:
Lofty said:
How disgusting. They're the WORST creations ever.

So pointless and gimmicky. I rode the one at Holiday Park and it was fun for the first 15 seconds. Then I wanted to get off, not because I was scared but because there were more exciting things to do, like sitting on a bench or riding Superwirbel.
I've rode two now. One when it was in Liverpool (Maddie rode with me) & the one at Allou! I can't agree more, once you hit the top and realise how high you are, you want it to come down again because you're bored to ****.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Yeah, they are a bit iffy, though I do think they look pretty spectacular. Bit scary on your first ever go, but after you realise it's all fine, it's all about the view.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Turns out they went for the tallest in the world.

121 meters, beating out the one i Vienna with 4 meters.
Here's a rendering:
557811_10151218609500667_301929749_n.jpg

Intricks

Strata Poster

Theirs isnt a star flyer now apparently. Just a massively and unnecissarilly tall Observation Tower.

They released a promo image with stats and it showed a glass enclosure.

Trying to find that pic now

Edit: Disregard my stupidity, misread the text at the bottom of that photo. Observation Tower is for State Fair of Texas.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

TheCoasterCruiser said:
^ Not the tallest for long... :(
SFoT is building a 122 meter one this year too.

They are most likely the same height, Six Flags just added a few feet in their marketing for obvious reasons.

It would be very weird if a company would sell two parks the worlds tallest something, only to have only one of them actually being the tallest.