What's new

Goodbye Superbowl (PBB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casio

Mega Poster
You are claiming that on a Blackpool site Ben would have far more people people disagreeing with him.

What I am on about is the fact that this is fairly obvious, as coasterforce is a general enthusiast site, where as a blackpool enthusiast site contains mainly blackpool enthusiasts.

Basically you're saying "We're not just crazy Blackpool fans, ask all the other crazy Blackpool fans!"

The rest of my post was fairly self-explanatory.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Casio, my point is, you will see its not only me and Ash who have seen improvements at the Pleasure Beach in the last year.

Ollie

CF Legend
Oh look I'm in charge of Blackpool.
HANG ON! What's that reasonably popular ride in operation I see there?
Oh it's those decent Dodgems we have.
*Rings Phone* "Demolition Squad Please"
Now to build a small garden and another fountain. That's sure to be REALLY popular because I'm Amanda and I don't give a **** what people like as long as I have my shows and the latest edition of Water Fountains Monthly.

Pierre

Strata Poster
I think when someone criticizes PBB on this site its always taken as a personal insult. I think some people need to learn to bite their tongue (or sit on their fingers or something) as not everyones going to agree. I mean I'm a Flamingo Land fanboy (forgive my sins) but I'm aware other people aren't going to agree with everything I say about the park or its rides. I'm all for a bit of a discussion (especially in the closed season, it keeps everyone ticking I guess!) but theres a fine line between discussing and bickering.

Ash was called rude for his first post (which some parts were a bit OTT), and now Ollie is calling people "twatty fanboys" which is just equally as rude, if not a bit more being so blunt.

This is all just pointless bickering now and thats why I asked the question about what is actually replacing Superbowl. Get it back on track, don't make me sad by being mad :(

Casio

Mega Poster
Ok good. I accept your view and there clearly have been improvements. I therefore cease.

And thanks for that Ollie you have contributed greatly :--D

A

Anonymous

[Ben]You completely miss (or ignore) many valid points made, regardless of what’s been said earlier in the topic. An example being when we (I believe Furie and I) mentioned the SBNO rides, the reasons behind this were explained and put to bed.

How’s about I ask you to provide proof that the parks failing? I’m asking for proof, not your opinion or the opinion of 300 others on here, PROOF, can you do that? I think not. So don’t expect me to be able to scan in the parks bank statements, you know I can’t do that (even if I had them)

Your claiming there’s nothing innotive about the PMBO? I’d say cramming a coaster of that size into BPB was a fairly tricky thing to manage, considering what other rides it went over/under.

No, the fact it re-opened suggests BIG DIPPER CRASHED

So I dreamed all those ride I had on it before the Big Dipper crashed did I? Funny that the trip reports pictures have been photo-shopped really well!

Get your facts straight.

Care to share with the class?

I didn’t say I knew, you asked if anyone knows how much Infusion cost, and I’m sure someone somewhere does. Not that it’s anything to do with you.

Valhalla I'll give you. Actually, no, I won't, because within a matter of nano-seconds it had been so ruined and botched up by Blackpool that they needn't have bothered.

Again, rather than admit your talking bollocks, you try side step the fact you made a mistake.

Again, it's a park attraction. You making this point just BACKS. ME. UP. They didn't even want to keep it up to scratch? THEY WERE TRYING TO SAVE MONEY.

Yes, I know they were trying to save money, (is that a crime?) and know they’ve re-opened it. Which surly indicates things are looking up, which is the point I was making, was it not?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Topic locked while I clean up all the bollocks then. This may take a while.

Any more direct, personal insults from anyone (aimed at anyone) in this topic will result in bans being issues (indirect insults will result in people thinking you're obnoxious - nothing to do with political correctness I'm afraid, but all to do with politeness and decent social etiquette).

I'm going to be removing a lot here neatening this up. I think there is good debate to be had over Blackpool's position - it doesn't need to come down to personalities though - keep it based on facts and opinions. I don't want to lock this permanently.

Okay, I've neatened this all up then as fairly as I could. If anyone has an issue with anything left - please PM me and I'll sort it out, just be aware that I don't work the night shift :lol:

I don't know if there's anything left ot be said mind ;)

A

Anonymous

Even if it is just a fountain or gardend it will make a big difference to the look from the front of the park. Rather than having a shabby looking building with old theming it will be open and bright. Anything is better than what it was.

A

Anonymous

Thats what I'm hoping for, I wasn't happy 12 months ago when FY4 was being built, however I've seen it in the flesh and its a vast improvment on the tatty old 'water feature' that used to be there, and we've got a new set of catering outlets too so thumbs up from me.

I know it would be great to have a new ride every year but its not going to happen, these small improvments go a long way to adding to the overall park.

Investment certainly is there, just not on a massive scale at the moment, but thinks are slowly looking up.

Ash

Martyn B

CF Legend
Pierre hit the nail on the head. PBB fanboys are too 'extreme' and cannot take any negative comments towards the park. Ya need to calm down, no park is perfect, no matter what you think.

And yes Scott, you're right, there would be alot more people disagreeing with Ben on the PBB fansite, mainly because they are all very biasd, I have witnessed this my self and you even PM'd me about it...remember? So you know what they're all like.

Look, at the end of the day, it is my opinion that the PBB is going down hill. Its not as fun as it used to be. Maybe all them ride removals I mentioned is the main reason for this? I dunno.

My main frustration is that Infusion was SUCH a big hit, yet they're not following it up with anything. Yeah they could add a big ride every 4 years like Alton did, but the difference is Alton added smaller rides in between the big ones, to keep guests happy. Where has PBB add nothing but scenery or pay-per-ride attractions - which completely defy the point of having wristbands.

I love the Plesh, but I do worry for its future (or at least the future of the classic rides).

Scott88

Hyper Poster
I dont think they would be so biased if people werent so negative about the park Martyn.

As I have told you before and through that PM, our site is not as biased as some people think, but only the aggresive posts get remebered in a debate and that is why people are sometimes put off by joining us.

Dave

CF Legend
Scott88 said:
I dont think they would be so biased if people werent so negative about the park Martyn.

Well how about don't be so critical by people being so negative towards the park?
I like the park, but just think its being run badly in comparison to places like Flamingoland, Thorpe and Alton who have steadily replaced older rides with brand new ones, even if some are pretty standard, the investment has been made and pays off.

A

Anonymous

Without being funny, whats that based on? A trained monkey could run a park better than FL. The food is awful, and what exactly do they know about ride capacity and dispatch times...not to bloody much!

Ash

Dave

CF Legend
Yes but the trained monkey built rides! Brand new ones! I believe 8 since 2004? That's one smart monkey!
Shame the monkey at your end goes for a fountain, again..

marc

CF Legend
^They may have built new rides but are any better than the rides they replaced? Kamali is rubbish, and unlike Blackpool FL has loads of space to build on.

When I go to Blackpool I enjoy all the coasters there even though I have done them so many times.

When I went to FL last year I rode them for the sake of it and sat out quiet a few but I do like the park but I know a lot of people GP and CF members who hate it and they really do hate it.

As much as I want to see new rides at Blackpool I just can not see where the space is, they will need to remove rides to build them and there are to many classic rides to remove. They could remove the building where the shows are this would free up quiet a bit of space, but the shows have always been park of the Pleasure Beach even when I was a kid.

Its a tough one to call really and you are never going to please everyone. I can see why they want to tidy up the front of the park, it did look very 70's and needs to be bought up to date.

I think a ride like a Splash Battle would be great for the park, but yes I would love to see a new coaster.

Enicomb

Mega Poster
A lot of fanboyism in here; but I'll not get into that.

I quite like Blackpool. I wouldn't say it's a leader in anything, I'd like to see some new rides. I don't have too much problem with SBNO rides as there are still plenty of rides there to last me a day.

I also think the park is pretty tatty and everything is sort of placed on top of each other; but I also think that's why the fountains/garden areas are being put in, possibly as some kind of long term rearrangement/tidying up; which is a good thing.

There was one thing we (myself and the group I was there with) did agree last we went (last year) is that Blackpool is in desperate need of a modern, great coaster, in fact a Eurofighter would be perfect.

Ollie

CF Legend
^Yes it's nice the park is getting fountains and grass to make it look more pleasant. But you don't go and make that the ONLY thing you do for the year. A new bench or fountain isn't going to persuade people to return for another year.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I also think the park is pretty tatty and everything is sort of placed on top of each other

Ya see now thats why I love the Pleasure Beach, there is just so much crammed in there. They really did make use of the space back in the day!

As much as I want to see new rides at Blackpool I just can not see where the space is

Well they have to be inventive & imaginative with things. Obviously for any new rides to be built, old ones would need to be removed.

The space that they gained by removing Super Bowl could have housed a large thrill ride or a medium sized EuroFighter.

There's empty space where the Turtle Chase used to sit too, oh and where Vikingar was. So thats 3 possibilities just off of the top of my head! (Oh and that space behind Infusion, so thats 4 now!)

I believe there are some attractions that could be removed with out spoiling the history of the park, like that dome with the magic show in or the Forumla 1 car thingy.

So they do have options, but they'd rather not bother with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.