What's new

"Get Yer Mumbos Out" (FL/LWV) trip reports

marc

CF Legend
I have just laughed my head off, that cherry drink in your bad Will was funny. Not that it happened just your reaction when it had gone all over Lain's jacket "Lain's jacket is good at soaking up Cherry Lucozade" :)

peep

CF Legend
Will, just....Wow. That was one hell of a trip report and you have yet to write about LWV!

After reading that report I felt like I was there.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I've done a home page trip report for Flamingoland.

http://www.coasterforce.com/home/p2_articleid/692

Please bear in mind it's written as "Ian from CoasterForce" and not just "Ian."

I'll do the Ian LWV trip report tomorrow and the home page LWV Ian from CoasterForce report over the weekend once I've seen enough photos etc to do one.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Will, once again, you NEED to write a book, please! Or become official trip report writer person of CF.

And, once again, you have made me cry, but not in a bad way <3

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
Will said it far better than I ever could. Thanks to one and all for being really kind and welcoming to both me and Mattie, we've both had a truly splendid weekend and this certainly won't be the last time you'll see us :p

Now I need to somehow pester Oakwood into getting a Flip Flop clone :D

Harvey

Hyper Poster
Been a while since anyone called my driving hair raising, but that tosser in the black SUV did get my goat a fair bit. :D

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
They don't look real and you should stop HDRing everything. :lol:

In all seriousness, I don't buy into photography bollocks, I just look at the photo and know if I like it or not.

I like those photos because they are angles of the rides I've not seen, or even thought about, before. Is that all you took?

davidm

Strata Poster
Nah, thats just all I've sorted out so far. Just did them on Sunday night when I got home; since then I've been away from home (my odd-work life!) until about 1.5 hours ago so haven't sorted any more yet...... should sort a few more over the weekend. :)

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Despite what Ian just said, I declare you photography Jesus.

Velocity & Lightwater Swings pictures are excellent.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Omerod, I was taking the piss out if the comments posted in the Photo topic. :roll:

Aaron

Hyper Poster
Apologies for the delay, I have been away...

First off, what an awesome weekend, I'm so glad we went, and it was so much fun!

it was great to meet loads of new people, as well as catch up with some very good long standing friends!

I had loads of fun both days, and I have a new favourite UK coaster in the Ultimate - <3!

I won't comment heavily on photos as there are far too many, but every one that I've seen so far has been a great memory, and anyone who managed to get a photo of me, thanks!

Videos - Kaz, excellent video, very nicely done and made me laugh all the way through!

Ollie, I watched your video in HD and it was a nice memory but unfortunately there was a lot of motion blur so it was a little hard to follow, but nice nonetheless!

I'm very shortly going to start work on my own video, and without wanting to blow my own trumpet too much, I'm quite confident it should be a good one.

I did also spend about 10 minutes lining up what could be the fartiest shot I've ever taken in a theme park, so there's that to look forward to ;)

Aaron

Hyper Poster
Apologies for double posting but I've just read will's report all the way through, very good read, apart from

will said:
Friend-of_Az-Laura

She's not my friend, she's my fiancee lol!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Lightwater Valley started off with a LOL. I ended up driving behind Raybould as we approached the park, trying to find the goods entrance. Tom and co were behind me and I spotted Az and Laura doing a u-turn in a layby. Raybould looked quite smug being in the lead, so it was quite LOL when he overshot the turning and I was slow enough to turn in :D Perhaps if Raybould didn’t drive so close to the car in front and have to brake every 20ft, maybe he would have spotted the turning?

So yeah, big boss man Bellend arrived first, obtained the prime parking spot and soon enough everybody else arrived. Waiting for the others, I decided to put on some jeans. It wasn’t going to be as warm as the previous day.

At 9:15 prompt, we headed towards the main gate and met Ash, the Marketing Manager of LWV. Lovely chap, gave honest opinions of the LWV and other parks.

We walked straight in – without paying which I, like many others, probably thought was a bonus – and we hiked over to T’Ultimate.

I was on the first train out and I have to say, I wasn’t impressed. The Ultimate is one of those coasters that needs to warm up before it’s operating at its peak. I found the first ride quiet slow, smooth and boring. I was sitting about middle.

I had four rides during the ERT, each one better than the last as the coaster warmed up and I go closer to the front. For my money, it’s still the best coaster in the northeast.

After the ERT, we had to hike back to the entrance to pay. This sort of messed up the organisation I had planned. Some CFers stay over by the Rat (we paid on their behalf) and the rest went to pay.

This split the group up for a while but after about 30 mins, we were back together and taking over the Rat’s queue line.

I hate the Rat’s queue line. It’s so slow moving, it’s soul destroying. Thankfully Dylan and his hammer helped :) Eventually we were in the swere and queueing up inside. Under Brad’s instrcutions, I hid in the shadows and waiting for the next load sof Cfers to come down so I could jump out on them. The first CFer to come along as Ed. I jumped out and went BOO and he shat himself. Shatting himself was quite handy as it gave his arse a cushion as he gayed down to the floor. Marvellous.

The Rat was, well, the Rat. It was smooth, unremarkable and passed a few minutes. Tbh, if it wasn’t for the whole sewer experience, I probably wouldn’t ride the coaster if it was just plonked in the middle of a field.

I consider the next part really shoddy organisation and I can only apologise if anybody thought the same. Due to the horrendous throughput of the Rat, CFers were exiting the ride in drips and drabs. So I sort of pushed the group towards the Skate Karts, hoping that those leaving the Rat would make their way over. I also made the decision that we would not do the Treetops Twister coaster as a group. Those that wanted to do it (LWV virgins basically) would do so and the rest would piss about the skate karts. I tried to convey this message to everybody but after a while it became apparent that some didn’t hear the message and the group was slowly splitting apart and some looked impatient.

Eventually I just thought, “**** it” and decided to head towards Spin & Spew Corner and tell those in the Twister queue to meet us there.

The majority of the group headed to the afterburner, with just a couple making their way afterwards. By the time the group had rode Eagle’s Claw, everybody was back together. I didn’t ride the spin & spew, I sat out throwing those gliders and eating crisps.

Next up was the “Falls of Terror.” Big John and I opted for the steep slide and managed to get up the steps and down the slide before the blousers walked round to film/take photos. At least the group was together again.

So then it was the waiting game which was nicely passed with wheelchair antics. Sitting in the wheelchair and being pushed down the hill towards the lake was terrifying at first, but soon I got a buzz out of it and did it several more times.

I called lunch. I went back to the car, as did about 10 others. Food at LWV is horrible, overpriced and the service is slow. I had a pasta salad thing brought for £2 from Tesco the day before. Bargainous and delicious. We also used lunchtime to decorate Raybould’s car with binbags and a pasty.

The meet-up after lunch was at the Ladybird coaster. Wait for everybody, Tanya and I started to thrown lumps of mud at each other. I drew on the wall and the floor with said mud; a juvenile “GAY” with arrows pointing towards Vadge, Mark and Peter. I think Ciall extended one arrow towards Martyn H.

As we were queuing for the Ladybird coaster, I leant on the fence and a freak gust of win blew my hood up, showing me with dirt. Cheers, Tanya! Dylan insisted that I sat next to him, which I did and that was that. Dylan informed me that the Ladybird was his favourite ride at LWV.

I got off the ride in enough time to see Ciall make a tit of himself by getting his feet soaked in the remote controlled boat area.

Anyway, next up were the Rapids. I sat with Pierre and Big John. The rapids are brilliant. The twisty drop is great fun and it’s really wet. John and Pierre got wet (John was soaked) but I escaped. Bwahahahaha.

Quick stop for a group photo and a few OTT BYES to Az and Laura and then we did the swinging ship. Again, I sat out of the ship. The COASTER-FORCE shouts were really poor, the worst I’ve heard for years. I entertained myself by prodding Vadge’s muddy walking stick on people. When I look back, I realise how ****ing annoying I can be.

The long walk over to the kiddie coaster happened next. Only the BOOOO chorus towards Stone Cold when he made Dylan cry made it enjoyable for me. By now, my throat was starting to throb and I was losing interest.

I sat out of the apple coaster and chatted to a few people. Then we moved to the berry bounce ride. Again, I sat out. My stomach was bubbling and I started to feel worse.

A LVW-Live first next – the dodgems! Again, I sat out so I could attempt a ****. I did mange to go but it just made me feel worse.

Once all the dogeming was done, I left.

Seemed to take forever to say goodbye. Never gets any easier. At least the over-the-top, insincere BYES remain enjoyable.

And that was it. After a long six-hour journey home, my health deteriorated and I ended up ill until, well, today.

The Lightwater Valley day was not as good as the Flamingoland day imo. That’s not because of the people, or the park, but because I felt flat. The lack of sleep, the sunshine on Saturday, the early start, the lack of anything decent after the Ultimate and the prospect of a long drive home didn’t leave me with much enthusiasm.

In all, it was an enjoyable weekend. Many thanks to the parks for the ERT. Cheers to Slayed for dealing with LWV and most importantly, big thanks to everybody that turned up and made me smile.

Ollie

CF Legend
I didn't find the food at LWV bad at all. We went into that big tent area that had several places.
I think I got a hot dog, chips and a large drink for £4.99 which is ok in price. As soon as I ordered the food arrived in front of me as it was quite busy and they were making lots of food. The only thing that took a while was the drink as they gave me a sprite to start with instead of coke. And it didn't taste bad either.
It's theme park food so it's expected but I didn't find it bad at all. It wasn't amazing but it certainly wasn't as crap as people say it is.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
I stand by my opinion that the food is disgusting. And when you mention a big tent, is it the one that in warm weather acts like a greenhouse and melts your skin to liquid?