What's new

"Get Yer Mumbos Out" (FL/LWV) trip reports

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ollie said:
I didn't find the food at LWV bad at all. We went into that big tent area that had several places.
I think I got a hot dog, chips and a large drink for £4.99 which is ok in price. As soon as I ordered the food arrived in front of me as it was quite busy and they were making lots of food. The only thing that took a while was the drink as they gave me a sprite to start with instead of coke. And it didn't taste bad either.
It's theme park food so it's expected but I didn't find it bad at all. It wasn't amazing but it certainly wasn't as crap as people say it is.

I've eaten in there several times before. I've had Jacket Spud (too hard and the tuna was watery), pizza (too sloppy and salty), and a chicken and bacon roll (full of too much salad, small slither of chicken and salty bacon).

The food I have tried at LWV has been terrible. I had a Snickers on Sunday from the park and even that tasted off. I had to check the use-by day just to make sure. Maybe the one year that I decided not to eat in the park is the year that they improved.

Aaron

Hyper Poster
Ian said:
a few OTT BYES to Az and Laura

... (more of the post) ...

over-the-top, insincere BYES remain enjoyable.

Gee, thanks Ian... :(

update on the video, I've had to convert all my clips to another format because vegas didn't like them, I don't think it'll like these ones either somehow, but we will have to wait and see...

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Az said:
Ian said:
a few OTT BYES to Az and Laura

... (more of the post) ...

over-the-top, insincere BYES remain enjoyable.

Gee, thanks Ian... :(

Lol, I didn't mean to say that they are insincere, I mean that they sound insincere! "Baiiiiiiiiiiii"

I like it like that. If the goodbyes were too serious then it would be upsetting.

Aaron

Hyper Poster
^that's true, fair enough. :)

I'm still having issues with my video files... trying something new!

Aaron

Hyper Poster
^I don't really want to start trying to use a new software not knowing how to use it properly... but at this rate it looks like I might have to! :(

I hate my computer!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Why not use Movie Maker?

I know it's not very good but you could just put "Mushroom Productions" at the start and nobody would notice.

Aaron

Hyper Poster
^ oh god, if vegas can't handle these clips I seriously doubt that movie maker would be able to!

Plus, I walked out of MM's door, and will never look back haha (other than to compress, in which case it is invaluable!)

big john

Mega Poster
i used to use pinnicle but stupid vista dosnt like it so its took me 5 months to find a nice piece of video editing kit i like using and i found it in 2 actually first is cyberlink powerdirector and second is coral videostudio 12 so i should be done with my vid sometime tonight or tomorrow YAY

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
It's been a pretty hectic week, so I've not got around to posting much post-live. I'd like to say I'll get a full trip report up, but knowing what I'm like, it'll probably never happen.

Anyway, I have Flamingo Land photos: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=21420&id=1194178070&l=0ff0f89f4f. I have loads of ERT photos from Lightwater, taken by beloved parents-of-Mouse, along with a couple of photos of the Rat queue line. They'll be online sooner or later, but it'll be a while, as it'll take me a while to sort through them all.

Many thanks to Ian and Slayed for accommodating family-of-Mouse during the ERT session at Lightwater Valley. Suffice to say, neither of my parents are coaster fans, so ERT was the only chance I had to ride The Ultimate with Christopher, my younger brother. Suffice to say, he really enjoyed himself, even if he was in pain by the end of the hour's ERT. Unfortunately, as Christopher has an autistic spectrum disorder, he doesn't cope well with big groups of unfamiliar people or with periods of extended faff, hence he went off with my parents to ride stuff once the ERT was over, rather than remaining with the group.

Suffice to say, the weekend was awesome as always. CF is such an incredible community, and it's always great to see each and every one of you at Lives.

davidm

Strata Poster
Ian said:
Is that all you took?

I sorted a few more pics... again pics of things rather than peeps (although there are a few peeps in a couple!)

(and not all of these are HDR either, so there! :) )

--

Some random shots whilst waiting for the initial faffing to subside;

Flamingo (Empty) Swing

Flamingo Swing

--

This was better in my head than it turned out, too much sunlight, pah!... CF peeps in HDR though;

Velocity (Ready to Go)

Water faff.

Battle Splash

And some of the livestock;

YAWN!

Big Cat

What You Lookin At

During the "now go off and faff for yourself" time, I wandererd off here, I like the
water on this one!

Flamingo Big Splash

Again, another failed CF HDR, was trying to get the sun and the coaster working together, think I failed...

Mumbo at Dusk

--

And a couple from Sunday, didn't seem to take as many pix then though...

Lightwater Lake

Lightwater Wheel

BetaKitten

Mega Poster
Ian, Dylan has now decided that Twister is definately his favourite LWV coaster :p

Nice photos Mr Morton! Was good to see you after living round the corner from you all that time! :p

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Hmmm, I'm wondering how many people have the video of me making a cock of myself at LWV in the boating area :?

Does anybody have one they wish to send to me, after all, EVERYONE was either filming it or taking pictures :p

Ollie

CF Legend
^I think as soon as you stepped over that fence by the water about 6 people whipped out their cameras. :p