What's new

Funny Things People Have Said At/About Theme Parks

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
mouse said:
When my younger cousin was told that she was going to Alton the first thing she said was "I'm not going on neblithian!"
What ride in Alton has a name that even comes close to that?

reddude333

Giga Poster
It's Nemesis and Leviathan combined into an epic coaster that can't decide if it's above or below the track...and there is a random "b" stuck in there for good measure...

reddude333

Giga Poster
Sorry, now I get it. But it could be Nemesis, Oblivion, and Leviathan (just because I feel like making a shout-out to Leviathan)

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Ripley's said:
...his creation is a scaled model of giant steel coaster, Klinga Da, at Six Flags Great Adventure....

Believe it or not!

It amazes me how a mistake, which is THAT bad manages to slip through the editor(s) in a published book...

This (the text being just about like the above) is in the Ripley's 2009 (I think!) annual under the article "High roller". It was a K'nex model.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Half-term at Alton towers

Girl 1- Im running to Rita first.
Girl 2-You can't because it's not open today.
Girl 1- Well Im still going on it.
Girl 2- But you can't.
Girl 1- Oh Ok
Girl 2- At least we can still go on Thi3teen and Stealth.
Girl 1- What's Stealth.
Girl 2- Are you stupid, it's that really tall ride and goes 100mph
Girl 1- No your thinking of Rita
Girl 2-Oh ok.

By this time I thought I was going to pull my hair out. And this is why we hate the GP.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Yes I do hate the GP, so what. Why does it really matter to you anyway.
I didn't pull hair out at all, I said I thought I was going to. Of course I wouldn't really pull my hair.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
OK then almighty UC I will now stop commenting now. You need to calm down though and have a laugh at something what is funny once in a while.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Yeah owenrita, you are completely, absolutely, positively, 100% wrong in this situation. Some things they say may bother you, but I am sure you do the exact same thing to someone who say obsesses about cars, and call one the other and act like its no big deal. Or you call some flower a rose when it's not and you say, whatever, it's a flower, some florist would be annoyed. Be smart, comments like that are detrimental to the site, and enthusiasts.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
owenrita121 said:
Yes I do hate the GP, so what.

You hate my family. You hate my friends. You hate my work colleagues. You hate everyone ON HERE.

WE are also the general public.

That's what... Think before you post.

kimahri

CF Legend
Everybody loves me! :3

I can't really think of anything funny that's been said at parks. Living where I do means going to a park with a group of friends was a rare event and we'd not talk about the rides them selves (although I do remember some describing Corkacrew at AT as violent.)

Scarlet's screaming on Colossus though <3

Intricks

Strata Poster
Hmmm...this was a convolersation between my friend and I over SFGAm Halloween event:

Friend: I freakin LUV going there during their halloween event cause they turn all the trains around backwards and you ride them like that!
Me: Uhhh....what?
Friend: YEA! Every ride has the train going backwards.
Me: No...they dont...
Friend: Well Ive been there amd ridden that Superman one backwards. You obviously dont know what your talking about.
Me: And Ive put about 15 years worth of interest into learning about these rides and parks to know otherwise.
Friend: Have you been there though?
Me: Why would it honestly matter?
Friend: Because they do it during their Halloween event and you're just being a jealous bitch cause I got to ride them backwards. Nyuu
Me: Sigh.....whatever.....(note that I had gone to rcdb as somethig involving a Beemer train running backwards would be pretty big news I'd guess). Look, if you dont believe me, look at this. Nothing is said about the ride going backwards (click other tab and show him the wiki, as all info would be posted im guessing) and Wiki has nothing on it either.
Friend: Well they are wrong too then. (exits room)

It really bothered me that he actually argued that point to begin with, especially since he has asked me about coasters and parks before to make sure he wasnt speaking out of his ass.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
"The GP" is a construct. It's a person or group of persons who only go on coasters to fill up the cattle pens so we have to queue longer, they only go to parks to block your path or spill their ice cream all over you. They aren't exactly uninformed, but so misinformed and fond of telling everybody about it that they drive enthusiasts to madness. They bring their kids just to annoy you. They think they are experts, because they've read the page on amusement parks in an old Guinness' Book and played RCT3 once. They vandalize, urinate, scream, fight and generally pester just to make your potentially nice day miserable. They make theme parks build boring attractions, fountains and drink stalls. They blind the park managers' eyes to all the awesome that can be done with an idle plot of land and some money. They are everything we don't want to be (that's not to say none of us behave like GP).

"The GP" is the manifestation of the sum of all annoyances that happen at theme parks. An idea, more of a description of an actual group of people. You can refer to the GP, but not point them out. You can not point at a person and say "he's part of the GP", but you can wave your arm at a crowd and mumble "GP" through clenched teeth.

Of course we hate the GP. But if asked "Exactly who are the GP?", we have no answer. All that we know, is that they're not us.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Somebody once said "Thorpe Park" and "The Swarm", when they're actually just Thorpe Park and The Swarm... Oh, the fools... ;)

Hey, look at that... It's almost as though there's some kind of filter that corrects things... Awesome :)

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
furie said:
Somebody once said "Thorpe Park" and "The Swarm", when they're actually just Thorpe Park and The Swarm... Oh, the fools... ;)

Hey, look at that... It's almost as though there's some kind of filter that corrects things... Awesome :)

I'm assuming the 'somebody' you're talking about Merlin Entertainments, the company that own both of these names, and ultimately have the final say in what they are called. But of course, they're obviously incorrect, the fools! XD

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
A couple of questions I've just seen on yahoo answers

1 - Did kingda Ka fall over in the recent tornado?

2 - on tower of terror, is it possible to get out of your seat and onto the "balcony", a friend said he did this and got back in his seat before it dropped?

funnily enough - the answer to both was "NO"...