What's new

Funny Things People Have Said At/About Theme Parks

billybobjoebob

Mega Poster
I have a friend who went to SFGAd last year, and he said his restraint came undone on the lift of Toro, and that it was off the whole ride. I then asked him if I was speaking to his ghost lol.

Crzynss

Roller Poster
A few years ago while waiting in line for Tatsu, these teenie bopper punks were talking about how this was the only flying coaster in the US. "you guys never heard of Superman have you? You know the FLYING coaster in New Jersey, Atlanta Georgia and Chicago Illinois?" [2 of which i have ridden - and Atlanta's takes the cake...] They respond with Oh yeah i remember now!

Same queue line 20 minutes later someone said that Superman and Tatsu were exact replicas...
"mmmm similar elements maybe but not quite... Tatsu is bigger faster and longer with more inversions... including a zero g roll no other flying coaster possesses."

"no man, you are so wrong! what an idiot, man!"

"Ok sir!"

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I'm talking to my cousin and her husband (who met working at Cedar Point) about coasters and I ask them if they know about the new B&M coaster at Cedar Point. This is what happens. Please note that this would have been acceptable if it was with my parents, but they worked at theme parks, love coasters, and aren't GP.

Me: It's a B&M wingrider.
Cousin: Oh, just like Tatsu at Six Flags!
Me: No-
Cousin: Yeah, Tatsu's a wingrider! It's like Superman!
Me: No-
Cousin: Yeah, Tatsu's just like Superman!
Me: It is, but those are classified as flying coasters, not wingriders. *grabs laptop and cracks open RCDB and pulls up a picture of X Flight*
Cousin's husband: Oh, like X2!
Me: No, the seats don't spin.
Cousin's husband: But that's the best part!
Cousin: Let me see! *I show her the picture* Yeah it's X2!
Me: The seats don't spin. *pulls up picture of Swarm's drop with zero-g roll being built* The thing I read hinted that it might look like this.
Cousin: *looks at picture and notices incomplete zero-g roll* The track just ends! Why's it do that?
Me: It's a construction photo *points to giant crane next to coaster* The closest one to here is either at Six Flags or Dollywood, whichever's closer. *pulls up picture of Raptor's in-line twist* See how close it comes to the theming? That's usually what they're designed to do since you're out there on the ends.
Cousin's husband: So what's the difference between that and X2?
Me: The seats don't spin, and these are made by B&M, X2 was made by Arrow which is long gone.
Cousin: Jarrett, you don't understand. On X2, the seats don't spin, they spin themselves.
Me: I know [I proceed to explain how the second set of rails and rack and penion gear system work to spin the seats] These seats are stationary. They think it might be green since there was some green track spotted outside of the B&M plant.
Cousin: How one earth do you know this stuff!?
Me: Coaster sites. *pulls up picture of green track* Check that out, it's possible that it's Cedar Point's.
Cousin's husband: Cedar Point's going back to B&M! I'm happy!

I thought it was cool that I had coaster enthusiast family members like that until I had to explain to them that X2 and the new Cedar Point ride are almost completely different models.

Intricks

Strata Poster
When I was at Holiwood Nights, I found out that a fellow staff member of ThrillNetwork used to work at Cedar Point back when Top Thrill Dragster was being built.

Told me that whenever the public would ask him what they were building, he told them a Revolving McDonalds that would have a later announced theme. When the track started going up and people pointed that out, he told them it was all part of the theme.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Nic

Strata Poster
I couldn't hold in an actual lol at Thorpe yesterday when some kids sat next to/infront of me on Colossus were talking about how "it's the oldest ride here!". It might feel like it, but not by a long shot, lads.

Lofty

CF Legend
My friend;

My brother nearly fell out of Nemesis. I had to literally hold him in all the way around.

Safe to say, I nearly bitch slapped him.

AltonTowersFan

Mega Poster
^Had the same with Air, my friend said that his OTSR opened, and that he just relied on the leg restraints... He then said that he managed to sit back up, and hold to the other restraints.
It then started raining bitch slaps.

Lofty

CF Legend
AltonTowersFan said:
^Had the same with Air, my friend said that his OTSR opened, and that he just relied on the leg restraints... He then said that he managed to sit back up, and hold to the other restraints.
It then started raining bitch slaps.
Ugh, hopefully with a 50% chance of a kick in the dick too.

AltonTowersFan

Mega Poster
Oh, had an awful one today at Alton Towers. I was queueing for Sonic Spinball Pinball Wizzard, when I overheard a man talking to his friend: "I was talking to a ride op, he told me that the mechanics built the trains wrongly, as all the seats were all meant to face forwards. This broke the cars, and made them spin, it wasn't meant to spin."
My ears started bleeding...

coaster_rider93

Mega Poster
I was in line for Raptor at Cedar Point earlier this year in June. Me, my sister and my girlfriend were behind this group of three girls that looked to be around 15-17 years old.
Girl 1: "Why is the cart under the track?"
Girl 2: "I think they flipped the track upside down so it wouldn't rust as fast from rain"
Girl 1: "Ohh..."
Girl 3: "I wish we would have went to Twisted Sister instead"
Me and my group literally had to face the other way to keep from laughing too hard