What's new

Fluch von Novgorod, Eurofighter, Hansa Park

Ben

CF Legend
Dave said:
Also, aren't all trains wider than the tracks anyway? Otherwise you'd be able to touch the track and bogeys?

Most (almost all modern coasters, I can't think of any still being built that aren't), but, many of the old Vekomas and Arrows have track wider than the trains, Corkscrew and Loch Ness Monster proves this on RCDB. That's why you can see the wheel covers with a big "DON'T STEP HERE" on them.

Also, the Togo pipeline coasters and Bobsleds definitely aren't :p.

Harvey

Hyper Poster
If you want real forces you need to ride the dodgems at Tusenfryd, they totally owned us all, :(

Jakizle

Roller Poster
I measure the g's on Titan @ SFOT...however I no longer have the graph to share with ya'll.

From my data, the bottom of the drop spiked at 4g's, the first helix sustained 3.5 g's, and the second helix sustained ~3.2 g's. Remember, it is not about the number, it is all about the duration of the g's.

Of course stats list the highest force value, so they list the highest spike...it doesn't mean that the helices are where that force is. The reason they feel stronger is because the forces are sustained. The spike of 4g's is just so sudden that it doesn't feel quite as powerful (although you still definitely feel force in the tunnel/bottom of drop).

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
This ride is looking really cool.

It seems to have a few really nice features. Hopefully it will look nice when it's all finished too.

Ali

Mega Poster
This looks insane, it will definatly be better then Speed in my opinion.
Also I have already booked tickets to Hamburg this Summer so it will be my first coaster of my Germany Tour :--D
Can't wait!

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
IMG_0114.JPG

IMG_0177.JPG

Source: http://www.roskildefestival.de

Love it... That tiny tunnel at the top is awesome. Its only a little part of the ride but it could add quite a bit to the experience.

Lofty

CF Legend
I seriously cannot wait to see what the theming actualy turns out like on this coaster, it looks good during construction, imagine it when its done...

Jakizle

Roller Poster
Just a couple of weeks ago during HIP, ~ 8PM, with the safety brake fully on.

I talked to an overnight engineer that used to work at the park and he said before the safety brake started to slow the train to ~5mph and before the lift was slowed, it pulled around 4.2-4.4 in both helices.