What's new

Fluch von Novgorod, Eurofighter, Hansa Park

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
It's been in the news section for awhile, but I'll make the construction topic now.

This will be the first launched Eurofighter, featuring a 0-62mph in 1.4 second LSM launch along with a 97* drop. The height is listed at 131 ft, making it the tallest Eurofighter. Apparently the lift and drop will be enclosed in the dark.

http://rcdb.com/id4075.htm

It's already gone vertical, actually...

Photo from rcdb:
p22455.jpg

Mike T

Mega Poster
Very good question - and lucky me I know the answer. Gersty has mentioned that this will be the first time ever that a coaster utilizes both a chain drive and magnetic propulsion on the same track.

Dave

CF Legend
Probably the chain is or good measure incase something goes wrong with the magnets.
But omfg that track looks sexy :D

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Oh dear. Quit while you're ahead Steve. :lol:

Back on topic, I reckon this could turn out to be one of the suprises of next year. It's only a short hop over to Lubeck as well.

Jools

Giga Poster
Ruddy eurofighters eh... what they can do to members :(

Doesn't that make it 3 new eurofighter opening in 2009?
But wow, a launch!

Emmett

Giga Poster
^I think its up to 4 at the moment for next year.

Gerstlauer Rides
Eurofighter at Thorpe Park - UK
Eurofighter at Zoosafari Fasanolandia - Italy
Eurofighter at Duinrell - Netherlands
Eurofighter at F1-X - United Arab Emirates (2010)
Launched Eurofighter at Hansa Park - Germany
Launched coaster at Plopsaland - Belgium
Spinning Coaster at Mall Of Kuwait - Kuwait
Spinning Coaster at Segaworld - United Arab Emirates

But I would sure prefer one of these launched versions over a standard model.

Jools

Giga Poster
Oh, I hate the fact that theme parks have noticed this cheap thrill, It's wierd as I blame Southend and Nickelodeon Universe more than I do Oakwood or Dollywood.

Nice to see variation though!

Jools

Giga Poster
No seriosuly, because it's the small ones that annoy us, we're fine with the bigger ones, the reason we're so annoyed with them is because of the small crappy ones... right? :?

Jools

Giga Poster
Prehaps that was the draw of Thorpe Parks, but then Saw has a counterpart just down the road... And maybe Thorpe wanted to bring Southend goers in.

But if you think about it, if you could only get hold of larger models, more than half the eurfighters wouldn't exist...

Kebab

Giga Poster
I like Euro-fighters and they're very under-rated. They all bring very different experiences, the compact one's are forceful and the taller ones have an incredible drop!

At least there hasn't been a one-trick pony Euro-fighter yet :shock: It's something I'd see happen, in a bad way :lol:

This one looks by far the most thrilling Euro-fighter :eek: With a very powerful launch (0-60 in 1.4), a height of 130 foot! It actually reminds me much of Maverick with the addition of the launch. Can't wait to see finished results :--D

jayjay

Giga Poster
I don't know why everyone slates Eurofighters so much. I thought Speed was great. Not a groundbreaking, jawdropping coaster, but good enough to make me want to ride it again. I may only have been on that one, but surely the others can't be much worse.

Anyway, this looks cool. Plus I love launches, so it's something to look forward to if I ever go to Germany.

A

Anonymous

i have a thing for some eurofighters.
Only the custom ones though.
But there is one thing i absolutely hate is seeing rides like Vekoma Boomerangs and all of them clone rides everywhere.
Its like going to a park for the first time and the rides are the same as a park you went to last week.

I really hope gerstlauer don't try milk the money from parks by cloning every thing.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Jools said:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Gotcha, sry, you can tell I'm tired :lol:

LOL, you just backed down to Steve! If you stand for a point, carry on ripping into him with it and let him rip into you. Take it into PM's and then make up...

Well lets keep on topic.

This ride looks cool.

Thank you for your understanding.