What's new

Flashover (Complete - Download and Video Page 2)

Brookes

Giga Poster
Flashover-101106133120000.jpg

After spending a whole lot of time trying to truly capture the Intamin style, supporting is finally done, and it is pretty much finished now... a few final checks and it will be ready for release.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I love the look of it. The ride looks like it has good flow, a nice mix of elements, and a great color scheme. I can't wait to ride.

Brookes

Giga Poster
It's here, presenting my latest coaster, Flashover!

Flashover-101108173257000.jpg

Race through the trees at speeds of 55mph, while dropping from a height of 128ft through a 2768ft long layout.

Download: Link

Video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKEw3XXX9WM[/youtube]

Enjoy!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Pretty damn nice!

Trackwork was very smooth and I couldn't see any noticeable pumps or jerks in the track. From what I looked at the supports were good and the layout was nice with a good mix of inversions, speed and close-calls.

My only criticism would be that it didn't go on longer. It felt like it fizzled out a bit about halfway through the barrel roll. After a promising and punchy start I wanted it to carry on.

Really good work there Brookes, 8.5/10

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Really good ride.

Nice layout.
Really realistic supporting.
No major pumps, or jerks.
Smooth.

As Hixee said, it seemed a bit short, but other than that, a really good effort!

8/10

A

Anonymous

I can't seem to download it, mediafire is screwing with me at the moment. It really looks good though!!

A

Anonymous

Yes I did!!

I have to say that it's really good, just a few things that were a bit iffy, but the rest is great.
There were a few bumps in the inline (it wouldn't have hurt with a few more nodes).
The exit of the inline felt awkward, but worked.
The final brake-run should have the trigger position to the front of the brake and the front car, makes it look and work more realistically (I mean all the brake-runs should be that way).
the LIM's on the turn seemed a bit excessive, it would have worked equally great with just a downward slope (but since you can't get friction wheels I let it slide).

But a part from those things I have to say that you have managed to turn out a great ride, that is really smooth, have the forces in check and a great support structure. Great Job!!