What's new

Flamingoland Rumours

Martyn B

CF Legend
Flamingoland is rumoured to be getting an Air Race next year!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6fUsm3oe4U&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Pierre

Strata Poster
Where is this rumour from?

This is one thats done the rounds for the past couple of years to be honest and although it would fit in well with Zooom! or Swoosh whatever its called the longer it goes on the less I think it's going to happen.

Mark

Strata Poster
I kinda hope this turns out to be true. Flamingoland has always been a quirky little park to me so this would fit right in. I daresay the throughput on it is hideous though (judging by the videos).

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^The throughput in the one at Coney Island wasn't great, but I think that had a lot to do with the fact that it was a prototype and had a few issues. I'm pretty sure they had some seats that weren't being used, and there seemed to be a few issues with regard to sensors on restraints not triggering or something, as ride ops were constantly checking, rechecking and resetting.

The one in Portugal didn't have any such issues though. There's, what, eight cars? So that's 32 people per cycle. Ok, so not great, but probably about the same as Flip Flop, which also runs for ever as well, so this might be better actually.

bmac

Giga Poster
Coney Island's (or should I say Luna Park II?) was fun as hell! They had five people staffing it on the day I went, one doing main operation controls and the other four checking the restraints. It took about 2 minutes for the load/unload process to completely cycle through, which is ghastly for a flat. But Gavin is right that it's a prototype and the sensors didn't always trip for the ride to safely dispatch.

They need more of these everywhere, they're so much fun n.n

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
It would fit in with Zoooommm!
And the fact that it looks awsome always helps, I hope they do get this and then that woodie in 2013. ;)

Jake

Strata Poster
If it does hold 32 people that should be more than enough.

Maelstrom at Drayton has a capacity of 32, and I'm sure it's larger than Flip Flop (can't be bothered to find out).

But yeah, generally, 32 is a higher capacity than most flats. Obviously it depends how long the ride lasts too...

They need to get another cred, really (that isn't another bloody kiddie), as I want my Booooom/Wooooosh/Gaaaassssshhhhh cred but can't be bothered to pay just for one </3.

Mark

Strata Poster
Ah cool. It just seemed that, in the videos, it was taking a bloomin long time for the cars to come to a standstill so people can get off etc.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
As cool as that looks the last thing Flamingo Land needs is another horrid capacity ride. Im still hopeing for a wooden coaster on the Corkscrew site.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
On the map it says that the new ride will be on the old corkscrew site.

Why would they put that there when the theme for that ride is over yonder in the park?

Ethan

Strata Poster
A Stingray would go great! I hear the one in Asia is actually a lot of fun! But the capacity does suck major ballsack though :L