What's new

Ferrari Park in Abu Dhabi

Casio

Mega Poster
I can't really believe it. I watched the TPR link and thought "yeah, that's pretty fast."

Then I saw the facebook one. Holy ****. That really is insanity.

I'm so pleased with how they've designed it, most parks would just hit the brake run at the end but instead this has the 3 bunny hops. Quarrrlity.

marc

CF Legend
Wow thats all I have to say really :)

Lap bars as well and a layout, I bet this ends up near the top of peoples to-do-list, but how many can actually afford to go :(

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
H-O-L-Y S-H-I-T!

That just looks fake, it's mentally fast!

Thom25

Roller Poster
I can't wait to see a POV and hear some reviews. I'd be more likely to make the trip if the "trims of death :--D " weren't there.

KK goes 130 MPH and climbs 450 feet, FR goes 149 MPH and only climbs 170 feet - In many respects it's no different than Ring Racer (imo). What really surprises me is all the track after the first hill - shame they didn't have a longer section at top speed before the trims.

Hopefully we'll start seeing some reviews next week.

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ IMO this looks much better than Ring Racer, the trims on this aren't have as bad!

And with how stretched out them turns are, I'd imagine it'll still travel over 100mph after the trims.

Xpress

Strata Poster
I bet it's close to 80mph over the top of that first hill :shock:

That's still close to 100mph zipping by at head level in that first turn :D

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
That video looks sped up to me? Especially when compared to this vid of it;

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZEAymPB50s[/youtube]

Still looks bloody mental though!!

walker1104

Mega Poster
There has been a minor delay in opening.

From Screamscape:
The opening of Ferrari World has been delayed from October 27th until November 4th. This week was apparently planned to be a soft opening, and while there are rumors the park wasn’t entirely ready for the public, the official statement about the delayed opening was a show of respect for “the passing of the late Sheikh Saqr bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, the Ruler of Ras Al Khaimah” who was one of the seven rulers of the UAE.