• Heroes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Quality Street

• Roses

• Total voters
Celebrations <3

We don't have any of these in Canada besides Quality Street but I'm pretty sure when I was over in England I ate like a whole entire thing of Celebrations.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Do you think that if Tesco value (or American equivalent) would it be called non-quality street? :p

Otherwise, Celebrations for me

Martyn

Giga Poster
I don't understand why everyone likes those stupid Malteser things you get in Celebrations.

I also don't understand why people don't like Bourneville. It's mega.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Celebrations? You're all ****ING mental. Mars bars are ****, snickers are not my idea of a treat they are my idea of a desperate snack, malteasers can **** off.

The ONLY good thing in them is bounty... and galaxy truffle is tolerable. Galaxy chocolate is ****ing vile in general though.

And yes Dave and whoever else said it. Malteasers are the devil. I love the taste of malt, but **** that texture.

Heroes and Roses for me. CADBURY guys... CADBURY. And ANYONE who votes otherwise is ACTUALLY MENTAL.

RWREQNSNRSMNTGNEHGJEFJGEJD.

I get quite worked up over this subject. Every year some twat buys me celebrations and I plan their death.

Gazza

Giga Poster
^Haha, this.

I mean, do Americans honestly sit there eating a Hershey bar, thinking "Wow, this tastes really good!".

My favourite has to be "Favourites" (What 'Heroes' are sold as here). Celebrations are good too, as are roses. I don't remember Quality Street being that great.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Is Hershey really that bad?

It's a different sort of chocolate, less milky/creamy, but I thought it was actually pretty good. :S

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Hershey tastes like cooking chocolate to me. Cheap, bitter and gritty in texture.

Galaxy is the texture of phlem, the taste is also too deep and overpowering.

Nestle makes good meaty chocolate bars, if you know what I mean. Things that you get as a snack, not as indulgent treats. Their chocolate is a step up from Hershey, but it's still quite cheap and bleh.

Lindt is a step up from Galaxy. Not quite so phlemy, not quite so strong.

Mars is similar to Nestle, with a stronger, more offensive flavour. Mars bars should be banned. M&Ms are god.

Cadbury is perfect in every way. Perfect flavour, perfect texture. Perfect.

Who else is there?

jokerman

Giga Poster
^You've got the posh ones like Green and Black's as well.

I don't mind Hershey every couple of years. It's different and interesting. But it's not something that could ever set a benchmark for quality chocolate.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Green and Black's are ****ing awful. That goes for most fair-trade chocolate too actually.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
in the absence of lindor (god's own choccy treat), I chose celebrations - like most of them, although I like some roses a lot (but others are rubbish).

on hersheys - the american "cookies and cream" bars are lovely, but their milk chocolate is awful!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Hershey shouldn't be legally allowed to label that brown plastic **** as chocolate.

Joey is right that Galaxy is cheap, awful crap as well.

^But you've been raised on horrid North American chocolate all your life, so what do you know?

But I've also tried British chocolate, which I think is fifty times more amazing than North American chocolate. I actually refuse to eat chocolate from here now.

Snickers is still good though, but I had it in England :p .

nadroJ

CF Legend
Can I have a tub of Haribo instead? Jellies>chocolate.

I agree with the whole Galaxy being vile, it leaves that burning sensation at the back of your throat like when you sick up a little bit. Disgusting.

Heroes used to be amaaaaaazing until they changed the line up. I have no idea what the point of doing such a thing was? Surely they knew they had a winning selection of Cadbury's miniatures, the sales definitely must have gone down, surely?

I LOVE the toffees in Quality Street, and I love the blue ones (coconut). Anything coconut = <3

There never seems to be a tin of Roses around me at any time, but I have faint memories of the Strawberry chocolate being delicious.

All this being said, I'm really not a massive chocolate fan. In fact, the only chocolate I ever really get a craving for is a delicious Toffee Crisp. Mmmmm..