• Roses

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
OMG! It's been a week since the new year and I've yet to do a +1 poll topic! Here we go then!

No doubt you'll have plenty sweet tins kicking about since Christmas, which one is your favourite?

Is it Quality Street? Reported to be Saddam Hussein's favourite.

Maybe Heroes? They changed the line up in 2008, leaving just the **** ones.

Celebrations. Maltesers. 'nuff said!

Roses. Thank you very much for feeding William.

What your fave?

Celebrations get my vote - I eat them all, even the Milky Ways!

jokerman

Giga Poster
For me, the problem with celebrations and heroes is that you're paying a ridiculous amount of money for lots of small versions of chocolate that you can buy proper bars of. They're nice, but I'd rather just have a bar of chocolate.

Quality Street have too many toffee ones, and they're always left at the end.

Roses are perfect, the right mix of different types, and I could eat them all. They get my vote!

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
Roses, because they have the Strawberry Dream.

With most of the other tins, as Jokerman said, you can just buy the bigger, better version of the bars instead...

Ollie

CF Legend
Probably Heroes. But like all sweet tins they give you like 4 of the good ones and about 40 of all the crap ones noone likes.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
They all have their merits... except Quality Street. There aren't enough of the good ones ever in those tins.

Celebrations have all the great chocolate bars in, Roses have the strawberry dream (I LITERALLY just came with excitement) and Heroes have the other good chocolate bars. Tough choice for me, but I think the Celebrations just get it from me.

My brother says Roses in case anyone gave a toss. He said because the strawberry creams are like "a little pocket of orgasm".

jokerman

Giga Poster
Does anyone remember back when they took the creams out of Roses. I think they got so many complaints that they put them back in. Anyone who says anything other than Roses is a silly.

Nic

Strata Poster
Heroes WERE my favourite, but as you said, they've replaced all the good ones with a load of crap.

Roses are alright, but I don't like half of them, and the other half are only really "OK"

Quality Street are dreadful. Like, really dreadful.

That leaves Celebrations as being my favourite... by default.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Celebrations are spot on. Apart from the bountys theyre in them right?

Celebrations win.

Also Ian, thank you very much for reminding me of that cheesy advert haha.

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
The odd thing is, I prefer most of the proper chocs that make up the Heroes selection, and am fairly passe to the ones that make up celebrations; thing is, in mini, that becomes all change!

Roses are a shadow of what they were, but the strawberry dream, and hazelnut swirl are still fabby, Quality street is a weird experiment whereby someone decided to replace all of the chocolate in roses, with toffee. Triangles are nice tho'.

Heroes are too caramelly (presumably it's cheaper than nuts...), and the best ones have gone, but perversely, even the caramel ones are quite nice in Celebrations.

Oh and Celebration Maltesticles - WTF?

Rush

Giga Poster
I really don't like Roses, the only chocolates I eat are the Strawberry Dream and the Country Fudge.

Celebrations are fine. I tend to avoid the Mars ones but the others are fine. I particularly like the Galaxy Truffle and the Maltesers. However, as someone else has said before, you can pretty much get most of them in a normal size anyway.

Heroes USED to be good but then Cadbury's was silly and took out the Dream and the Picnic bars and replaced them with Bournville (eurgh!) and Eclairs. (Meh.)

I think Quality Street are my favourites, mainly for the green triangles which are lovely! Also a big fan of the Country Fudge and the coconut ones. Also, there's hardly any caramel in them which gives it bonus points. :D

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Quality Street - Neither of those words has anything to do with what you get in the tin.

Roses - There were some kicking about over Christmas, but I'm not sure I even had any to be honest.

Heroes - No ta.

Celebrations - The Malteser things are amazing, but that's it, so it's actually a lot better to just buy a box of **** ing maltesers.

Mike

Giga Poster
Quality Street- Good if you want to stick your teeth together by chewing the toffee pennies, and the toffee fingers are alright, as are the caramel barrels. Everything else sucks though.

Heroes- What happened to these? Half the box is just Bournvilles... Who the hell eats these? :?

Roses- I've just found out that apparently, Bournvilles moved from these to Heroes. That probably explains why these have got a lot better recently and Heroes a lot worse! :p

Celebrations- I like almost all of them! Winner for me. :)

thx

Mega Poster
I've only tried Quality Street and Celebrations. Celebrations is clearly better and even though I don't like everything in it, it's still quite a good selection.