What's new

Favorite Woody?

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
Tremors all the way man,
By the way lets all thank the helpless n00b other wise known as me for posting his pointless opinion that nobody will pay attention to. :happy3:

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
One of my choices for a username would have included GCI.
Pick one that I have ridden; most are in the top 10.
My best memories are of Lightning Racer at Hershey so we can stick with that.
Thunderhead, Prowler, Evel Knievel, Kentucky Rumbler, Wildcat (HP), Roar (SFA) are all up there too.
Someday I hope to ride them all. (Every B&M, Premier, and Morgan should be on my "bucket list" for that matter.)

rickydoodle

Roller Poster
I don't tend to have a number one really, I don't tend to rank rides full stop. Tonnerre de Zeus would be among my favourites, not sure if it would be my top though.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
It's a toss up between Beast, Megaphobia and Tonerre de Zeus...

The Beast is the highest in my list, but the other two deserve lots of recognition...

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
I didn't do that much woodies in my life, but the best one I have done was Loup-Garou at Walibi Belgium.

When I did Loup-Garou for the first time, back in 2002, it was a huge dissapointment. When you saw the overspectacular Six Flags commercial, it was like it was the most intense and fast ride on earth. But the first ride for me was just...weak.

But after doing it every year, the ride just got better. It's such kind of woody that feels like it's all out of control. It's pretty fast, brutal and has nice places with airtime. And it's even better when you ride it in the dark.

Rob

Mega Poster
Would have to go for Stampida personally. Can be a beat of a man beater but it's got some great air time and is all round a good ride.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
JTRCBOY97 said:
The only good woodie ive been on is Gwazi at Busch Gardens :eek:

In fairness, Gwazi is the best awful coaster I have ever been on. I actually sort of enjoyed it in a masochistic way! I readily admit however, it is still rattling rubbish that should be torn down.

Anyways, my vote goes to Boulder Dash in the front seat. I've never felt a coaster blow me away with so much sheer intensity and non-stop fast-pacing (well, maybe El Toro). The only time I remember the ride letting up at all was a brief moment on the top of the very last bunny hill.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Hmmm....best wooden coaster I've ridden.

Top 5:
1) Voyage (no trim and in the rain)
2) Ravine Flyer II (floating fun)
3) Twister (laterals are fun)
4) Legend (^)
5) Jackrabbit (mass airtime)

I wish I had more wooden coasters under my belt. I've ridden Beast at night and I would have enjoyed it if I had gotten another ride in somewhere other than the backseat >< Easily compared to Mean Streaks ride except Beast fixes your back somewhere after the second lift. Also. I don't think they used ANY form of trim or braking on that ride til the end, not sure since I've only ridden it once.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Word up on Jack Rabbit. That double drop is immense!

I'll finally be riding Voyage this year, so I can add even more legitimacy to my woodie listing.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Trust me, it is the only wooden coaster that gets my fat ass to hit the top of the backrest.

Go during Holiwood Nights or sometime after. That is when the Timberliners are supposed to be doing their first run (as what I've heard and understand so long as nothing goes wrong at this point with them).

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
One moment of airtime does not a great coaster make.

Jack Rabbit is s**t.

Intricks

Strata Poster
I've ridden 70 some odd coasters, most of which are steel....to me, that one awesome moment of airtime i can't get on ANY other coaster makes it amazing. Its an opinion, don't get all coaster queenie over it, sheesh.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
gavin said:
One moment of airtime does not a great coaster make.

Jack Rabbit is s**t.
Luckily, the ride is over in a minute thirty. :razz:

And don't worry Intricks, everyone is perfectly entitled to their own opinion, both for and against.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Oh I know Hyde, but they don't have to give their opinion like a coaster-queen would. Gavin could have easily just asked why and stated it isn't the greatest ride out there...not the way he pu tit.

Just my opinion that is :p