What's new

English Football Season 2011/12

Ben

CF Legend
Here's a photo of the moment it happened...

samtheeagle.png

I miss Mick <///3 I'd laugh if they went GROVELLING back at the end of the season. But, I can't say I'm upset they're going down? They deserve it SO much after this season that you can't feel bad about it because they have nobody to blame but themselves.

I'm blates going to swap my support to wherever Doyle goes after this year.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ Probably because they were still injured after riding the Vekoma coasters.

Will

Strata Poster
You could be forgiven for thinking Tottenham don't actually want to win anything...

Actually, I guess that might be a clever scheme to avoid the England job. And who can blame him?

Will

Strata Poster
So, a quick show of hands...
How many of us will have Martin PrAtkinson's picture on our dartboards tonight...?

Smithy

Strata Poster
Even as an Arsenal fan, I felt bad. Game changing decision. Not surprised though, last week he claimed he saw Balotelli try to end Song's career and gave nothing for it, few weeks ago he compeltely ignored a perfectly fine Clint Hill goal for QPR.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Will said:
So, a quick show of hands...
How many of us will have Martin PrAtkinson's picture on our dartboards tonight...?
eusa_hand.gif

Gutted! How can you get it all so wrong?
Ball clearly never crossed the line & Terry took out King, Assou-Ekotto & Cudicini. How was that not a foul? :evil:

marc

CF Legend
The ref made a bad call :(

But we still let in 5 goals, we have only picked up 7 points when the gunners have picked up 27 out of the last 30.

What has gone wrong at Spurs, our form after Harry's court case and since the England job stuff had been bad. So bad in fact only the 3 teams at the bottom are worse.

Right now we need to do our best to get 4th.

Will

Strata Poster
marc said:
But we still let in 5 goals.
No! 4 goals, they let in 4 goals - and there wasn't a lot wrong with the play for 65 minutes of that match, aside from maybe one or two lapses of concentration at the back. But yeah, at least they should concentrate on sorting their lives out in the league now - Tottenham's upcoming fixtures, on paper, are easier than Chelsea's and Newcastle's, but... with the current form, you can't guarantee anything.

marc

CF Legend
Will no game is easy, we are losing to teams we should be beating.

QPR this week is gonna be a tough game.

Sorry Ben no offence meant I wanted you guys to stay up.

Mind you the Gunners might be giving us a life line for 3rd place tonight lol.

Ben

CF Legend
It's fine, we don't deserve to stay up. We barely deserved to stay up last year, that should have been a kick up the arse...

Will

Strata Poster
^^
Fair enough, and yeah, I meant to say easier playing the teams towards the bottom as opposed to the top of the table.
But obviously, you can't take it for granted, as Arsenal and United have both seen recently! Meanwhile, this game is seriously damaging my nerves :?

Pierre

Strata Poster
535248_334769979911476_138589062862903_840313_1872402630_n.jpg

Got it spot on IMO?

As much as this is a fantastic result for Wigan, another season of Wigan in the Premier League is a travesty for football. 200 fans they took to Emirates tonight... TWO HUNDRED.

marc

CF Legend
So it was a goal then, and how is goal line technology going to help with that as the players would have set it off.

Pierre

Strata Poster
The original plan was for a chip in the ball itself... god knows now, wouldn't expect to see it anytime soon though.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry, but that photo is inconclusive. Remember the entire ball has to cross the line & it looks like that is not the case here.

Pierre

Strata Poster
I beg to differ.

Its irrelevant anyway, the scoreline was 5-1 - anyone who tries to say if it had remained 1-0 at this point it would have been a whole different ball game is clutching at straws. Spurs were outclassed.

580313_334741699914304_138589062862903_840290_747440614_n.jpg

That is over the line.