What's new

English Football Season 2011/12

Dave

CF Legend
So today the fixture lists for the Football League and Premier League are out! Carling Cup 1st round was drawn yesterday, now only 6/7 weeks until it's underway!

Portsmouth start off at Middlesborough this year and then entertain Barnet at home in the Carling Cup.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Peterborough away is first for Palace... The dream of christening Brighton's Amex with a 5-0 win have been crushed :(

A right possible tasty Carling Cup tie though if AFC Wimbledon beat Crawley...

Pierre

Strata Poster
Middlesbrough Dave. One 'o'!!

Teesside has two 's's'!!

Please remember.

Easy three points to start the season with.

As a fan I would have been absolutely buzzing at the prospect of Boxing Day and NYE home fixtures... as a member of staff... not so much.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Super City start off away at Wigan, then home to Stoke.

This season is going to be a tough one to call really. Obiviously we're favourites to go straight down, but Paul Lambet is just such a good manager, you cant write him off.

I'll be the first to admit when he was appointed I said "Paul who?", and I've also questioned his signings, but 90% of the time he has got them bang on. We'll see...

Dave

CF Legend
Pierre said:
Middlesbrough Dave. One 'o'!!

Teesside has two 's's'!!

Please remember.

Easy three points to start the season with.

As a fan I would have been absolutely buzzing at the prospect of Boxing Day and NYE home fixtures... as a member of staff... not so much.

Yeah I always get Middlesbrough wrong...

I can guarantee Norwich will go down again, don't care how much experience they are buying! We even may see this again;

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_8JLkwzpd0[/youtube]

Martyn B

CF Legend
If anything, all they say is about how little experience the team has, and that Lambert is not going to be bucking that trend...

Midfielder Elliott Bennett and strikers James Vaughan and Steve Morison have added little Premier League experience to the Norfolk outfit

Only four other City players have notched up games in the Premier League - John Ruddy (one), Adam Drury (33), Leon Barnett (11) and Andrew Surman (seven) - and Lambert has hinted he will not be bucking the trend with future acquisitions.

:|

Lewis

Hyper Poster
Southampton start with Leeds at home (on Sky, 3rd season in a row our opening game has been on Sky >.<) then Torquay in the Carling Cup then Barnsley away!

Made some good signings (well 2!) Firstly we bought Jack Cork from Chelsea and Steven De Ridder from De Graafschamp (Winger who looks epic!). Rumours have it we're signing Young Boys centre back Jamal, could be quite good I suppose!

Oh, and Dave, December 17th is my early Christmas present ;)

----------------------------------------

On a completely different note, I've set up the Fantasy Football league

League code is 81773-97202, Join! (http://fantasy.premierleague.com)

Pierre

Strata Poster
mouse said:
Don't like football.

I've read two topics today. Both had posts in from you. Both make you come across a bellend.

Lain I think you can swap and change as many people as you like up until the deadline before the first game (which is usually 11.30am-12noon Saturday 13th August)... I think!!

Bit concerned about Boro now if I'm being honest, done nothing but sell players and get no one in... apart from Malaury Martin who has made an astonishing 22 competitive appearances in 5 years! wow.

Ben

CF Legend
Wolves are gonna win.

We best keep Doyle.

Our kit this year is grotesque. But I still bought one. Obv.

Dave

CF Legend
Lets see..

In:
Stephen Henderson (free with compensation), Luke Varney (£800k), David Norris (free), Greg Halford (£1m), Jason Pearce (£300k).

Out:
Michael Brown, Richard Hughes, David Nugent

Not a bad closed season, plenty of more rumours including Patrick Van Aanholt, Gael Kakuta and Martin Paterson.

Buying season ticket tomorrow and putting money aside for new home kit on Thursday. Speaking of which, how are the new kits looking for everyone's respective teams?
screen-shot-2011-06-30-at-08-58-57.png

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
SFC-Home-Kit-Reveal.jpg

Back to the red and white stripes this year. I may see you at Fratton Park later this year Dave. :p

The main question is. Will there be a CF fantasy football this year?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
For Palace, 4 ins, 3 of them are internationals... If we can get two centre backs (preferably the two I saw last night at the Norwich friendly) then I would be excessively happy with the squad...

Watching part of the youth team play last night was great to see though, if the present is gonna be crap for Palace, at least the future is going to be very very bright...

As for the kit, looks rather snazzy, even with the weird lightning thing it's got going...

crystal.jpg

Pierre

Strata Poster
I'm still not sure on our home kit...

We played in it last game of the season - Bit too "Arsenal" for me.
Middlesbrough_11_12_Home_adidas_1.jpg

LOVE the away kit though! :)
268373_10150223851532750_13043607749_7747430_7807166_n.jpg

Lewis

Hyper Poster
roomraider said:
SFC-Home-Kit-Reveal.jpg

Back to the red and white stripes this year. I may see you at Fratton Park later this year Dave. :p

The main question is. Will there be a CF fantasy football this year?

Hooray! Another Saints fan :D I'm loving the new kit, though that photo doesn't do it justice, do you have yours yet? I do:

16mdfq.jpg

Have it printed too :)

xfoo4x.jpg

Buzzing for the new season!