What's new

Emerald Express

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I started this before Modern Warfare 2 came out, but my Xbox has broken for the third time in two months(repair center fail) so I have plenty of time to finish this off now.

This is mainly inspired by Upsdell and Intimidator305. Here's some screenshots:

EmeraldExpress-091124131118000.jpg

EmeraldExpress-091124210316000.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Now that looks sexy. I'm not so keen on the blue and green, but that s-bend is gorgeous.

Slash

Giga Poster
Jared, I don't think you understand CF, its pretty much only you and Xpress that tool build.

Error

Strata Poster
I'm really liking the turnaround, and there's going to be a lot of speed sensing, with all the low to the ground track. I'm looking forward to seeing what's next.

And as for tools: I still think that people who relay on tools are excellent builders as much as a person who traces is an excellent artist.

Xpress

Strata Poster
^Uhh, isn't that EXACTLY like using track shape aids? (aghem..)

Slash said:
Not really, same outcome.

No, different outcome, there's WAY more control when using tools.

Besides, manufacturers use tools all the time, for everything, not just the track..

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^Well you have to realize that they're designing real coasters, and if you can design perfection with tools more easily, then that's obvious, but with NL, there's just a bit more room for error since we're not designing real coasters.

Also, before computers came out, designers still used tools. They were known as pencil, paper, ruler, and math formulas.

Supporting is a drag. I finally finished the helix and I still have a few turns to do. I'll probably work on the hills next since they're more fun to make. Unfortunately, I can't find any more spots to do complex supports, which were more fun than I thought they would be. Here is another screenshot:

EmeraldExpress-091126222253000.jpg

Look at all those headchoppers!

By the way, I'm still deciding what I should do with that one support near the end of the low turn, so it may not stay like that.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Hmm, I like the supports, although i think the supports with the vertical columns look odd..

rollerdude said:
Also, before computers came out, designers still used tools. They were known as pencil, paper, ruler, and math formulas.

Yes, and those formulas were turned into programs that remove the hours and hours and hours and hours of painstaking work it took to graph everything perfectly ;)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Xpress said:
rollerdude said:

Yes, and those formulas were turned into programs that remove the hours and hours and hours and hours of painstaking work it took to graph everything perfectly ;)
I think I'd argue that the computers didn't do anything differently, they just did it faster.

Anyway, last time I checked this wasn't a tools debate, so leave it out. It'll only cause trouble again.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Xpress said:
Hmm, I like the supports, although i think the supports with the vertical columns look odd..

I chose the vertical columns like that because I wanted all the supports to brace outward, but the turn below was in the way.

I got a bit more done today. The hills are done being supported. I may change the ending of the ride a bit, but I haven't decided yet. Hopefully more screenshots tomorrow.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Update. I changed the end of the ride, and I like it a lot better. I also continued supporting. Now, I just have four turns to work on:

EmeraldExpress-091129142850000.jpg

EmeraldExpress-091129142945001.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I love those supports! They're so majestic.

Take note B&M...

Ethan

Strata Poster
I really like the final turn into the brake run. The coaster so far looks good, and I look forward to seeing it finished!