What's new

Efteling | Baron 1898 | B&M Dive Coaster

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Efteling to get B&M Dive Coaster for 2015!

joshuadrooney said:
Yes it can, as it is when people state that Efteling need a B&M.

Please explain further. Preferably with three sources of evidence.

joshuadrooney said:
That's a real shame. I can only suggest you investigate a new park that suits your needs.

Please do. With your knowledge of my tastes and experiences, I would welcome a complete strangers recommendations.

joshuadrooney said:
Again, you need to look at going to a different park, if it is not to your tastes. There are parks out there specifically for people who's interest in theme parks starts and finishes at "roller coaster".

It is to my taste - I stated that. With a dive machine it fits in with both my enthusiast tatse and my personal family taste. They have two very different criteria - as you must know. I may not have made that clear when I suggested it was a top ten park to visit with family, and now is a top ten park to visit as an enthusiast (my fault for not being clear).

joshuadrooney said:
A real shame Efteling have made this decision, but I can at least boycott riding it for the rest of time.

Shorter queues by one person a year - hurrah.

EthC

Mega Poster

I'm going to see how this ride actually pans out in terms of layouts and what they do with it, they have the opportunity to build a great ride, although I think any new B&M is great, I want to ride it before I gain a valid opinion to whether I think it suits the park or not, certainly should be more exciting then a slightly tired looking Vekoma looper :D

joshuadrooney

Roller Poster

furie said:

Absolutely not. It is wrong, period. No explanations needed.

furie said:
Please do. With your knowledge of my tastes and experiences, I would welcome a complete strangers recommendations.

I'm sorry, I do not offer out advice or assistance. Best to consult with someone who does.

furie said:
It is to my taste - I stated that. With a dive machine it fits in with both my enthusiast tatse and my personal family taste. They have two very different criteria - as you must know. I may not have made that clear when I suggested it was a top ten park to visit with family, and now is a top ten park to visit as an enthusiast (my fault for not being clear).

Clearly it is not to your taste if you feel they need to alter the tradition of only ever building family rides.

furie said:
Shorter queues by one person a year - hurrah.

Absolutely. Though I doubt very much that this will be all that popular.

EthC

Mega Poster

Well Europa Park is a family park and they build Silver Star. That seemed to go pretty well for them so I think this will be quite popular also even in a family park.

joshuadrooney

Roller Poster

EthC said:
Well Europa Park is a family park and they build Silver Star. That seemed to go pretty well for them so I think this will be quite popular also even in a family park.

Europa park is a totally different park, with a different heritage and cultural meaning. That, and it is owned by Mack so of course there are going to be roller coasters

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

joshuadrooney said:
furie said:

Absolutely not. It is wrong, period. No explanations needed.

If you cannot back up your opinion with an argument or evidence, then your opinion is completely and utterly invalid and should be treated with utter contempt.

CookieCoaster's opinion is completely justified if the best argument you can come up with is "it's wrong".

furie said:

joshuadrooney said:
I'm sorry, I do not offer out advice or assistance. Best to consult with someone who does.

Ahhhhh... When you said "I suggest", I mistook that for offering advice or assistance - my apologies.

joshuadrooney said:
furie said:
It is to my taste - I stated that. With a dive machine it fits in with both my enthusiast taste and my personal family taste. They have two very different criteria - as you must know. I may not have made that clear when I suggested it was a top ten park to visit with family, and now is a top ten park to visit as an enthusiast (my fault for not being clear).

Clearly it is not to your taste if you feel they need to alter the tradition of only ever building family rides.

Sorry, I didn't realise English wasn't your first language.

Taste in this sense has nothing to do with how I feel about the traditions of a park I have never visited and have no emotional connection with.

My taste in this sense is both aesthetic and physical. The aesthetics of the park will remain largely unaltered. Physically there will be one more thing to offer my senses that is to my physical taste.

A tradition of only building family rides simple does not come into this at all - it's completely irrelevant to how I feel about what the park has to offer to me now and in the future.

joshuadrooney

Roller Poster

furie said:
If you cannot back up your opinion with an argument or evidence, then your opinion is completely and utterly invalid and should be treated with utter contempt.

How you treat my opinion is your choice, but know that I will never justify, back up, argue or explain why I hold them under any circumstances.

furie said:
CookieCoaster's opinion is completely justified if the best argument you can come up with is "it's wrong".

I thought I just said it was wrong. You must just be a bit confused in the heat.

furie said:
Ahhhhh... When you said "I suggest", I mistook that for offering advice or assistance - my apologies.

I should have made it clearer that I was passively aggressively telling you to find a new park, not offering any help or suggestions. Your apology is noted.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

joshuadrooney said:
furie said:

How you treat my opinion is your choice, but know that I will never justify, back up, argue or explain why I hold them under any circumstances.

furie said:

I thought I just said it was wrong. You must just be a bit confused in the heat.

furie said:

I should have made it clearer that I was passively aggressively telling you to find a new park, not offering any help or suggestions. Your apology is noted.

Ahhh, it's a communication issue then. I have a lot of patience for people who don't speak English as their first language and can't communicate what they want effectively. So don't worry about it, I'll work on trying to find out what you're trying to say and will help others understand too.

If you need any help in putting your point across in a full and complete manner so that people can take you seriously, please let me know?

So now we understand that joshuadrooney is suffering with an inability to communicate, we can continue to discuss the proposed Dive Machine sensibly.

joshuadrooney

Roller Poster

furie said:
Ahhh, it's a communication issue then. I have a lot of patience for people who don't speak English as their first language and can't communicate what they want effectively. So don't worry about it, I'll work on trying to find out what you're trying to say and will help others understand too.

Oh believe me, I can communicate what I want to, and what I am communicating is that I find people who support this proposal to be wrong. English is both my first and only language.

furie said:
If you need any help in putting your point across in a full and complete manner so that people can take you seriously, please let me know?

You seem to have some difficulty reading, I have posted the correct opinion to hold multiple times, it staggers me to think there are people out there who feel they have the right to contradict my clear, concise posts.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Sorry, I've got a lot of patience, but if you can't communicate well enough to add to a discussion, then there's no place for you on a discussion forum.

If you can find somebody to assist you in putting together a discussion* then please do. Otherwise, it would be best if you kept out of discussion forums that are clearly beyond your intellect or communication skills to take part in -as those are the only two reasons a person would be unwilling or unable to validate an opinion.

*To help:
noun: discussion

the action or process of talking about something in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas.

EthC

Mega Poster

Well everyone is allowed to have an opinion, it is a forum where people are allowed to hold opinions even if people disagree, which is fine, but the way your saying that we don't have the right to have an opinion that differs from yours is just stupid, this is a forum, not George Orwell's 1984...

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster

Furie, you're a complete legend, reading through this conversation is cracking me up!

Anyway on topic, it'll be impressive to see what they do with the dive machine. It's a coaster type which really lives off the theming, especially on the drop. This project is probably more exciting to me than Gardalands one. Also I think it really is an ideal ride that the park desperately needs. You can't say the park is solely aimed at families when they have a vekoma looping coaster. Considering Vekoma were never the best manufacturer in the first place, it's about time that they invested in a ride from a widely loved manufacturer who cater for the thrill market.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Just gonna drop this nugget in as I feel there is some confusion on the word opinion.

o·pin·ion [uh-pin-yuhn]
noun
1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
3. the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.
4. Law. the formal statement by a judge or court of the reasoning and the principles of law used in reaching a decision of a case.
5. a judgment or estimate of a person or thing with respect to character, merit, etc.: to forfeit someone's good opinion.

So unless you are a high court judge, or a doctor, both of which I doubt in the highest extent, your opinion carries as much weight as the looney in the subway who took too much LSD in the 60's and can't put together a sentence without stammering worse than Jimmy from South Park.

Phil, you are fantastic and this has made my morning read even better than usual.

joshuadrooney

Roller Poster

tomahawk said:
Just gonna drop this nugget in as I feel there is some confusion on the word opinion.

o·pin·ion [uh-pin-yuhn]
noun
1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
3. the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.
4. Law. the formal statement by a judge or court of the reasoning and the principles of law used in reaching a decision of a case.
5. a judgment or estimate of a person or thing with respect to character, merit, etc.: to forfeit someone's good opinion.

So unless you are a high court judge, or a doctor, both of which I doubt in the highest extent, your opinion carries as much weight as the looney in the subway who took too much LSD in the 60's and can't put together a sentence without stammering worse than Jimmy from South Park.

Phil, you are fantastic and this has made my morning read even better than usual.

There should be no confusion regarding the dictionary definition, but there appears to be some major confusion about the correct one to hold, specifically, my one.

Darren B

Giga Poster

^I think we've all come to the conclusion that YOUR opinion is invalid. That's our thoughts, the thoughts of the public who are extremely exited by this project and Eftleling believe you're wrong because otherwise they wouldn't be building this. And lastly your opinion is invalid because you cannot back it up; you claim it to be by choice but we all know you couldn't back it up if you wanted to.

So keep telling everyone they're wrong. And we'll just ignore the fact that you even posted such a statement.

mcgoughchris

Mega Poster

joshuadrooney said:
tomahawk said:

o·pin·ion [uh-pin-yuhn]
noun

how are you not banned.

You're not helpful or funny

There should be no confusion regarding the dictionary definition, but there appears to be some major confusion about the correct one to hold, specifically, my one.

EthC

Mega Poster

On a more pleasant and more interesting note....
Track colour anyone??

14510040625_d483b5a1f4_c.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/125246236 ... 175880899/

joshuadrooney

Roller Poster

Darren B said:
^I think we've all come to the conclusion that YOUR opinion is invalid.

Feel free to think what you want, but remember that thoughts and reality are often two different things. The reality is that I am always correct, fact.

Darren B said:
That's our thoughts, the thoughts of the public who are extremely exited by this project and Eftleling believe you're wrong because otherwise they wouldn't be building this.

Clearly the public are not excited about this. The new management of Efteling are the only ones championing this project.

Darren B said:
And lastly your opinion is invalid because you cannot back it up; you claim it to be by choice but we all know you couldn't back it up if you wanted to.

Again, you are having these thoughts, but they do not correlate to the facts. You need to realign what you think with what I say, and ensure at all times that what you think is in line with my facts.

Darren B said:
So keep telling everyone they're wrong. And we'll just ignore the fact that you even posted such a statement.

I will do, rest assured that I fully intend to put an end to the disgusting ignorance that seems to have taken hold here.

EthC

Mega Poster

What so you know that all of the 2.5 million people in the North Brabant area, where Efteling is situated are all not excited about this, sure some wont care, but I think people will be excited. Plus your opinion isn't fact and judging by the fact the only person that agrees with your opinion is you, our disgusting ignorance isn't going to change any time soon...