What's new

Efteling | Baron 1898 | B&M Dive Coaster

jj23w

Hyper Poster
Re: Efteling to get B&M Dive Coaster for 2015!

Looking at it on Mitch Hawker and even through some enthusiasts like Gavin Joris water is 36 and fire 40 meaning that fair enough it's on the top half of the poll it's not in the top 10 meaning it's not world class. And the others I honestly can't find anything. The park looks good theming wise it's just with the dive coaster it'll be in the big leagues.

joshuadrooney

Roller Poster

gavin said:
If you can't back up your opinion, that Efteling has a world-class coaster collection, which is the only disagreement anyone has, then you clearly know you're wrong.

That's such a cute little theory. Unfortunately, it contains no truth.

gavin said:
Name one world-class coaster at Efteling. You won't because you can't without looking like an idiot.

You really do like to hurl around personal attacks don't you? It is really very childish.

gavin said:
Why are you even here?

Because I am.

gavin said:
All you've done since you signed up - due to being personally incensed at someone's opinion of a theme park, which is pathetic - is be deliberately obnoxious and refuse to engage with anything.

Almost. I signed up ages ago to read the Robb Alvey hate before it was nixed.

gavin said:
You're either just a pathetic troll, or some whole new kind of "special".

I prefer your previous statement of "total knob". I really do miss that post. Very accurate.

Feel free to set me to ignore, I promise I won't even notice, or care any less.

joshuadrooney

Roller Poster

jj23w said:
Looking at it on Mitch Hawker and even through some enthusiasts like Gavin Joris water is 36 and fire 40 meaning that fair enough it's on the top half of the poll it's not in the top 10 meaning it's not world class. And the others I honestly can't find anything. The park looks good theming wise it's just with the dive coaster it'll be in the big leagues.

It's already in the big leagues, you just refuse to accept it.

The B&M will only detract from it.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

joshuadrooney said:
That's such a cute little theory. Unfortunately, it contains no truth.

Yet you still can't back up your opinion.

You really do like to hurl around personal attacks don't you? It is really very childish.

It was preemptive. Trying to demonstrate that Efteling has a world class coaster would make you look like an idiot. You're avoiding that by avoiding trying to back up your opinions. Your obnoxiousness isn't hiding that.

I prefer your previous statement of "total knob". I really do miss that post. Very accurate.

Proof that you're just here to get a rise of people. You serve absolutely no purpose.

Feel free to set me to ignore, I promise I won't even notice, or care any less.

You care so little that you edited your post to include it. There's really no need to set you to ignore. You'll disappear by the end of the week when you're done with your **** stirring, no doubt feeling very pleased with yourself. Sad really.

peep

CF Legend

Calm down children let's not keep going round in circles. ;)

I hear the park is getting a B&M, let's discuss that instead.

Ethan

Strata Poster

I'm with Gavin (as is everyone else it would seem), I haven't seen anybody oppose him.

On a serious note, I don't see what the problem with this B&M is? I think it'll be a good addition, and will hopefully attract more people like us to the park!

BBH

Giga Poster
Efteling to get B&M Dive Coaster for 2015!

joshuadrooney said:
My opinion is my opinion, I will NEVER justify why I hold them and I will NEVER allow anyone to dissuade me.

Justifying your opinion is the entire purpose of joining an online forum. Don't engage in discourse if you aren't prepared to back yourself up. Quite simply, it makes you look like even more of a blithering idiot than if you shared your flawed ideologies in the first place.

----------

Krake does look very good so I'd like to see that concept expanded on with a bit more to the layout than just an Immelmann and an airtime hill. I doubt we'll see anything hugely new from this or Gardand but perhaps we may see a new element or two, if only a dive loop.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

Ethan said:
I'm with Gavin (as is everyone else it would seem), I haven't seen anybody oppose him.

On a serious note, I don't see what the problem with this B&M is? I think it'll be a good addition, and will hopefully attract more people like us to the park!

I think from my view, a B&M doesn't really 'suit' the park... It's a hard one to describe, but because of the location/atmosphere of the park getting a big B&M Dive Machine seems a very strange choice from them, even if it's themed to the high standards of the rest of the park, it certainly wasn't my first choice of ride type (that would be them getting their arses in gear and building Hartenhof ;))...

Python to a degree doesn't fit into the park, mostly as it's not themed, but of course the park had to comply with the "all European parks MUST have a white Vekoma" law...

People shouldn't just rely on parks having 'world class' coasters to visit though, especially considering how easy it is to actually get there via public transport from most of the major Dutch cities... It's worth it for the Fairytale Forest of Forever tbh...

joshuadrooney

Roller Poster

gavin said:
Yet you still can't back up your opinion.

Yes I can, I choose, however, not to enter into discussion on this matter. This is not going to change.

gavin said:
It was preemptive. Trying to demonstrate that Efteling has a world class coaster would make you look like an idiot. You're avoiding that by avoiding trying to back up your opinions. Your obnoxiousness isn't hiding that.

It was a personal attack, something that was neither issued by me toward you or with any justification. As I said, I do not avoid backing up my opinion, I choose not to, as is my legal right preserved by freedom of thought and speech. I am not obliged to explain why I hold this or any opinion.

gavin said:
Proof that you're just here to get a rise of people. You serve absolutely no purpose.

Once again, lots of accusations of trolling, lots of personal attacks, but these are only ever against me, never toward anyone else. I find that hysterical and tragic. It is a real shame you choose to behave in such a fashion.

gavin said:
You care so little that you edited your post to include it. There's really no need to set you to ignore. You'll disappear by the end of the week when you're done with your **** stirring, no doubt feeling very pleased with yourself. Sad really.

I think it is a real shame, that you, a site moderator acts in such an immature, accusatory and downright insulting fashion when no such behaviour was targeted at you. You are supposed to be in a position of influence to younger, more impressionable forum members. What kind of example do you think you set when you attack and abuse someone who has done NOTHING against the rules? You dislike me because I do not comply to social norms of popularity, that is neither a rule nor a requirement of this or any other site, your behaviour is discriminatory.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

Can someone please lock this ****, it's just getting offensive now.
This is supposed to be a thread about the wonderful Efteling and their exciting new B&M.

joshuadrooney

Roller Poster

Mysterious Sue said:
Can someone please lock this ****, it's just getting offensive now.
This is supposed to be a thread about the wonderful Efteling and their exciting new B&M.

It's not "exciting" it's a disgusting betrayal of their heritage. Simple.

DelPiero

Strata Poster

I think it's a great idea and can't wait to finally go to Efteling when they have a coaster that justifies the trip. Hope it's themed to a giant Orca, for Darren's pleasure.

Darren B

Giga Poster

^That would be fab. Imagine the splashdown.

On a serious note I'm really looking forward to seeing the theming of this ride. Even if this ride is a basic Krake clone or something similar the theming is going to turn it into something really special. There's no putting off Efteling now they've given us thrill seekers something to go for.

marc

CF Legend

I've been putting off going to the park for years now. It's a park I wanted to goto but too many say it's nice but there is not much there.

Maybe now I will go and see what all the fuss is about.

DelPiero

Strata Poster

^^ I think we can all agree that the theming will be out of this world, or at least we think it will be. So excited to see how it develops.

^ Same here Marc, I read all the trip reports about how it's lovely and that you "feel the magic" when you enter but without something this substantial it's been on the back burner.

Gazza

Giga Poster

Personally I don't really see a B&M as an odd choice, and in fact I reckon it's a good fit and about time. They've certainly got the money for one and plenty of examples of well themed B&Ms.

I see it kinda like how Phantasialand finally got Black Mamba or Dollywood Finally got Wild Eagle.

joshuadrooney

Roller Poster

Gazza said:
Personally I don't really see a B&M as an odd choice, and in fact I reckon it's a good fit and about time. They've certainly got the money for one and plenty of examples of well themed B&Ms.

I see it kinda like how Phantasialand finally got Black Mamba or Dollywood Finally got Wild Eagle.

Your post smacks of someone who has never been to Efteling, let alone has any respect for the heritage and culture surrounding it.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

For me it's hands down the most beautiful park in Europe. For a coaster enthusiast it's pretty poor but for a theme park enthusiast, it has something for everyone and it must be on your list to visit.

Marc, imaging trying to explain to someone about the atmosphere you feel at Disney - it's incredibly hard to put your finger on, but it's there all the same. Efteling is the same I think - you don't 'get it' until you go. For me, it's like Disney, but with real magic - all dark and macabre and scary and hideously wonderful.

I'm really glad they are getting a B&M and I think that a dive machine is actually the perfect choice - it's a ride type that you can easily play with in terms of suspense and it's a quality ride from a quality manufacturer that will last the test of time. I think they have lots to play with in terms of the theme and I trust Efteling implicitly to theme it to within an inch of its life.

The Hedgehog

Mega Poster

joshuadrooney said:

joshuadrooney said:
Your post smacks of someone who has never been to Efteling, let alone has any respect for the heritage and culture surrounding it.
JUST STOP. You're not good at trolling and no one cares what you have to say at this point.

joshuadrooney

Roller Poster

The Hedgehog said:
joshuadrooney said:

joshuadrooney said:
JUST STOP. You're not good at trolling and no one cares what you have to say at this point.

Since when has defending a theme parks heritage been "trolling"?

Or maybe the appropriate question should be, "why are you attacking me for no reason?"